+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UPS Screwed delivery before June 11th.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
troll2 said:
Just come back from oath ceremony. Not a drop of difference before and after oath.
Then why did you apply and took place of some other eligible applicant? Please don't be so ungrateful

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
tiarachel85 said:
Then why did you apply and took place of some other eligible applicant? Please don't be so ungrateful
Bored and tired of PC parties. Also test and interview was fan. Would do it again if I could just for the fan during interview.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Looking at this post i wonder that there should be a stupidity filter for members to join and post to this forum.

Just by the way, you can pickup a fan for cheap from Canadian Tire. No need to attend the interview just for fan.

troll2 said:
Bored and tired of PC parties. Also test and interview was fan. Would do it again if I could just for the fan during interview.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
screech339 said:
Germany allows dual citizenship only with other EU countries and Switzerland. Unfortunately I don't think they allow it with Canada.
Wrong!!!!!

With EU countries and Switzerland it is an easy process and Germany needs to have a real good reason to say no.

As Antje said, she got the approval for Dual citizenship. You might want to google Beibehaltungsgenehmigung as others have mention.

Maybe Germans know the German law a bit better.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susann said:
Wrong!!!!!

With EU countries and Switzerland it is an easy process and Germany needs to have a real good reason to say no.

As Antje said, she got the approval for Dual citizenship. You might want to google Beibehaltungsgenehmigung as others have mention.

Maybe Germans know the German law a bit better.

I agree.
I got also a beibehaltungs urkunde.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
boltz said:
Like?
No offence meant, an honest Q pls.
As a citizen of this country, you are free in all modalities embodied by the Charter and Constitution. As a PR, you are just allowed to reside here permanently, as a muted entity, with some strict restrictions. That's in one sentence, but I truly could write an essay on the differences.

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Empirical-Scientist said:
As a citizen of this country, you are free in all modalities embodied by the Charter and Constitution. As a PR, you are just allowed to reside here permanently, as a muted entity, with some strict restrictions. That's in one sentence, but I truly could write an essay on the differences.
Still sounds like passport issue.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Just like that, no difference between day and night, only the absence of sun.

troll2 said:

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It's more than that. As a citizen:
1. you can now vote
2. apply for jobs that require high level clearance e.g. working for the federal gov't.
3. have a right to enter Canada and to apply for a passport
4. no residency obligation
5. can sponsor your spouse/dependent children while living outside Canada. PRs need to be "residing in Canada".
6. you can pass on Canadian citizenship to your children even if they are born abroad, provided you did not acquire your own citizenship by descent.
7. no need to apply for visas to most countries.

troll2 said:

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
It's more than that. As a citizen:
1. you can now vote
2. apply for jobs that require high level clearance e.g. working for the federal gov't.
3. have a right to enter Canada and to apply for a passport
4. no residency obligation
5. can sponsor your spouse/dependent children while living outside Canada. PRs need to be "residing in Canada".
6. you can pass on Canadian citizenship to your children even if they are born abroad, provided you did not acquire your own citizenship by descent.
7. no need to apply for visas to most countries.
8. You can be elected.

tla52

Aug 19, 2015
Antje said:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am relived to hear that many other people had the same miserable experience.

In short: I was eligible to apply on June 6th and sent my application on June 8th with priority service from Canada Post. They guaranteed next day delivery. However, they screwed up and my application was sonly received on June 11 at 9:32am.

I mad at Canada Post- but even more upset about the lack of transparency regarding the new date? I had called the call centre 3 times just to hear that the date of when the law would come into effect would be June 19 and all of the all of the sudden, I have to read on the homepage of Immigration Canada, that Bill C-24 would be effective as of June 11th- with no grace period?!

For the past year, I have precisely prepared and planned the application. I did not spent any vacation days outside of Canada for the past 8 months as otherwise they will be deducted and since I travel a lot for work, I needed to save the days. I have spent a lot of money and time to apply for dual citizenship with the country of Germany.

All of this to accidently find out on June 11 that the law will be in effect that very day. How come they announce such important date only business date beforehand? I did not check their website every single day. If I had known that, I seriously would have flown to Sydney myself to hand in my application.

I am already wondering if that was even legal?

I cannot tell you how frustrating this experience is to someone who really wants to be officially and by law, be finally a part of this society. Under the new law I will be only eligible to apply in 2017/ 2018 depending on how many days I will be outside of the country.

Antje :'(

I cannot tell you how frustrating this experience is to someone who really wants to be officially and by law, be finally a part of this society.

Hey!

I'm with CBC news in Vancouver - I am working on this story can you please email me as soon as possible?
tina.lovgreen@cbc.ca

Thank you.