Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
It seemed that the OP is not worried about whether he/she is going to get the refund or not.

neutral said:
I don't understand the UPS mistake. If the envelope arrived phisically today, you are in. If it will be delivered for no matter what reasons, your application would be sent you back to give you the opportunity to apply with the new law. And if that's the case, you will be reimbursed so don't worry.

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Same with me. I sent from Vancouver by purolator on June 8 noon, purolator said guaranteed will delivered by June 10. But unfortunately purolator said mechanical delay, late plane and my application envelope will only delivered to CIC sydney by June 11. Suck purolator, I think they shouldn't use the word "Guaranteed" anymore.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BestPlace said:
Same with me. I sent from Vancouver by purolator on June 8 noon, purolator said guaranteed will delivered by June 10. But unfortunately purolator said mechanical delay, late plane and my application envelope will only delivered to CIC sydney by June 11. Suck purolator, I think they shouldn't use the word "Guaranteed" anymore.
Guaranteed means that if they don't do it on time, they refund you and maybe (Canada Post does it) give you a monetary compensation.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
BestPlace said:
I am afraid a large number of people will be disappointed by the failure of their application to reach Sydney in time.

There are probably scores of PRs just going to the website for the first time in a long while, thinking they had until July 1st or at least June 19th to get their application submitted, surprised to find no forms at all currently available and a notice that in effect says come back in a year, or so.

But it is not as if the path to citizenship has been closed. It is longer. The requirements incrementally more stringent (but more consistent with making a real commitment to a life in Canada). And, actually, the path for those delayed by the change-over will probably not be nearly so long overall as many thousands who applied in 2011 and 2012 have endured, processing of their applications unduly delayed, for many, well beyond two and even three years.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I remember correctly, I sent my application via Xpresspost. That can often take a week in transit. I am sure there are hundreds, and perhaps thousands of people who mailed their applications shortly before the announcement came out late on Friday. I think they have a very legitimate complaint if their documents arrive at Sydney June 11 or later.

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
WOW, whats the pattern here. I am in the same shoes as OP. I raised a complaint and got a call back from UPS that they have spoken to CIC and it will be covered under the old laws. Unbelievable to me but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surprised said:
WOW, whats the pattern here. I am in the same shoes as OP. I raised a complaint and got a call back from UPS that they have spoken to CIC and it will be covered under the old laws. Unbelievable to me but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
UPS does not have a say on whether or not to accept the application. So if the delivery stamp is on or after today, I don't know how UPS came up with the "we spoke to CIC and they will cover it under old laws" statement, or who they actually "spoke to".

Maybe for once CIC had some flexibility on dates, still, best of luck.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Accepting applications on 11th June as under the old law, is a violation of Ministerial Instructions. I don't think anybody at the CIC office has the jurisdiction to pass such a comment to the UPS guys.
CIC Staff cannot date stamp an application received on 11th June as 10th June.
It is highly unlikely that applications received on or after 11th June with the old forms would be accepted for processing under the old laws.
CIC can land into major legal trouble if they do it.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
yukon said:
Accepting applications on 11th June as under the old law, is a violation of Ministerial Instructions. I don't think anybody at the CIC office has the jurisdiction to pass such a comment to the UPS guys.
CIC Staff cannot date stamp an application received on 11th June as 10th June.
It is highly unlikely that applications received on or after 11th June with the old forms would be accepted for processing under the old laws.
CIC can land into major legal trouble if they do it.
I'd agree. Even if you think there should be leeway, What do you consider as allowed time? 1 day, 2 days, 1 week, 2 weeks? If one has used Canada post, it would take 1 week to 2 weeks time - and if the postal dept has delayed for some reason, probably CIC would not buy it.

No offence meant - I wish all the best for those whose apps reached jun 11th or 12th for that matter be considered - however I see the chances are bleak.

vancouverca

Mar 15, 2012
I agree with all comments. There is a little to zero chance to CIC will consider it as delivered by Jun 10th. But I also believe that Sydney is a very small town, All courier firms are very powerful and they had special departments for this kind of discrepancy to deal with. Will see the result in 2-3 months time.

If not coming, I am planing to run after UPS..

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Go for the head!!

vancouverca said:
I agree with all comments. There is a little to zero chance to CIC will consider it as delivered by Jun 10th. But I also believe that Sydney is a very small town, All courier firms are very powerful and they had special departments for this kind of discrepancy to deal with. Will see the result in 2-3 months time.

If not coming, I am planing to run after UPS..

sayelohan

Jun 11, 2015
UPS told me the same thing. What so disappointing was I sent 2 applications at the same UPS store, the same day and time and mine was incorrectly sorted.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surprised said:
I would like that to be true but I doubt CIC will start doing that kind of exceptions with UPS. Then they have to do also exception with Purelator and why not Canada Post and why not 2 days not only 1 day.... once the excuses door is open there is not way to close it. I don't see CIC looking for trouble for other companies mistakes.

Jan 20, 2010
kuwait
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada post did the same for me even i sent my application on June 08 9.30 AM from Toronto and expected delivery date was June 10 but my application received on June 11. Canada post apologized for that delay and all what they can do is to refund me the postage.the ironic thing is my application from the online tracking moved from Halifax to Sydney in 27.5 hours. The distance between the two cities 390 KM. By flight 40 min, vehicle 4.5 hrs. My be they used Camel to reach Sydney and my mail was priority.