+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upgrading Level of Education (Online Certificate Course)

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Dear Asivad,
I was praying to get a reply from you. Thanks for it mate.

However, I had already tried checking at the WES websites, but they don't have an option of selecting Canada as country of Education. (Primarily since WES does ECA to establish international education's equivalence with Canadian Education... I guess they may not be evaluating Canadian education)

In such case, where can I check ???
I have also written to all three universities (Toronto, UBC & McGill) to seek a clarity whether their Online courses get qualified with CIC, but none of them have responded back...don't know why...?

Do you have any other suggestion...????

As mentioned by you, even I don't intend to retake IELTS since I have been able to score the max. in all LRWS - 9,9,8,7.5)

Regarding work-experience, Unfortunately I have more than 10 years of relevant work-experience :( so even that is Exhausted....there is nothing that is going to be added on that front.

Infact due to approaching birthday, 5 points would be soon deducted... :(

I am badly in need of PNPs, but OOPNP is not sending me a invite.... (Maybe they dislike my profession - Architect) although ive noticed that lots of others with even low scores have received Invitation from OOPNP.

Don't know about Quebec, but rest all Provinces don't need Architects or they have Local Work-experience/Job offer as a requirement.

Do you have any suggestion for me....I don't want to loose hopes.
Hi,

Did the three universities that you email on whether their online courses get qualified with CIC reply to your email?

Deepakhatri

Aug 18, 2020
Hi ,
M
Dear Seniors,

I think, I have exhausted all my probabilities of increasing my score from 428. The only two options left are either to learn-French and appear for TEF (which is not only tough but would not greatly contribute to my professional working)

and

the last alternative is to complete a Certificate-course and Upgrade my Highest Level of Education from Bachelors Degree (three or more years of University) to 2 or more Certificates, diplomas or degrees (Atleast one should be of 3 years)

I wish to know if I undertake an Online-Certification course in any Canadian University (McGill, UBC or Toronto) would that be acceptable?

Would it be allowed under CIC to qualify online-certificate course to get additional points under CRS???

Guys, please help and reply since I have been looking from pillar to post to increase my Score but looks like this is the only option left. (IELTS-Already at the MAX 8.5 )

Awaiting your valuable feedback,

Regards,

Shah
Hi ,
Mines the same case as yours I am also looking for any online certifications available valid for the WES ..
Did u get any lead .. if so it would really help
Thanks in advance

Nov 13, 2020
I think your option of online course is very possible.

I did my Master's degree 100% online from a UK university, and WES gave me an ECA report of Canadian Master's degree equivalency.

The question is if your school of choice will issue a certificate or degree recognized by WES. If it is a Canadian institution, its very likely it will be recognized, without ECA.

So I think it's a very possible option, you just need to do some more research before you start (e.g. find out what certificate you would be getting, find out if they will support you with transcript etc after you complete your studies etc.)

Good luck!
Can you give details of this university and program duration? I see 1 year MBA program from UK and AU universities 100 % online but not sure whether it will be equivalent to MBA in Canada or not. Can you help please.