+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UPFRONT MEDICAL REPORT!!!!

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

I applied for FSW in April 2010 and applied for CEC in OCT 2012 .
I did upfront medicals and sent the original FORM IMM1017 B (DMP asked me to send this ) to Ottawa 10 days ago. I put the file number of my CEC
as CEC is suppose to move faster than FSW .

Surprisingly 2 days after they received my medical FORM I received a standard email to get my Medicals Exams and Pay RPRF fees for the FSW Application.
I am not sure if the medical request I received has anything to do with Medical form IMM 1017B which we sent .

Can anybody help with some pointers on what needs to be done . Should we send scanned copies of our Medical Form IMM 1017B Or should we talk to the DMP?

Regards,
lrow

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
You have to inform CIC about your up-Front medicals,
Write a letter mentioning your up-front medical file number and sent them a scanned copy of it.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Anamadheya said:
Write a letter mentioning your up-front medical file number and sent them a scanned copy of it.
Thanks Anamadheya . I guess this is the email I should send it to following address and include [name, file number, date of birth and Unique Client Identifier]

ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

Source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp#permanent

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Anamadheya said:
Hi Anamadheya,

This morning I sent the scanned copies of Form IMM 1017B (Medical Reports) and medical receipt to OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca .
Just now, I got following response (quickly after 6 hours ) from that email -id . Which looks good .

The below information has been added to your file.

However, I noticed that they have changed the subject line of the email to my CEC file number .

I guess they have a system which automatically maps email ID to latest file numbers and even though I mentioned my FSW file number in both Subject line and details in the email body it got changed.

So If my understanding is correct I am worried that the FSW officer might not even see this update . I will probably wait for 2-3 days and check e-cas status on both of my PR's.

Regards,
lrow

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
Good for you, wait for few days and check again.

shyshy

Jun 3, 2012
Hello All,

I have a FSW application pending since June 2012 and i submitted my CEC application in April 2013. I did my upfront E-Medical with this doctor in Calgary on May 1st.

DR Johann Van Der Merwe (403.259.3300)
Mayfair Place Suite 236,
6707 Elbow Drive SW,
Alberta,
T2V 0E3

They were nice and it took about an 3 hours to complete the medical for a family of 4. They gave me the e-medical receipt and said that's all i need to send to CPP_OTTAWA as the results will be sent electronically to OTTAWA. Do i just scan the receipt and email that to CPP-O or is their any other from they should be giving to me so i can send to CPP-O, since its upfront E-Medicals?

Thanks.

July272013

May 22, 2013
Even I was thinking of doing upfront medical and when I called a Doctor (who does upfront medical) to check if they will provide me with IMM 1017B using which I thought I could notify CIC,
Unfortunately they said as per new e-medical process they only provide the receipt and they don’t provide any IMM 1017B. However I see most of the people who have done upfront medical in this forum are talking about IMM 1017B. Could any one help me on this? Whether to go for upfront medical or not? Also I am a July applicant and I am still waiting for medical request.

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Andy2109 said:
Unusual.
(1) In eMedicals, photos are taken at the Medical centre by the physician. Original photos are not required in eMedicals (neither during the exam nor required to be sent to CIC). So scanned copy of notification will suffice. In your case, you can send the hard copy to CPP Ottawa.

(2) In Upfront Medicals, physician will definitely need the UCI (in case you have not filed application yet) and/or Application number (in case you have already filed application and recd AOR). Nevertheless, the bar code does capture your given name / last name, date of birth and details as per the passport. Just write your AOR Number on the notification to be on the safer side.
Andy,

Can you share from where you did upfront Medical via eMedical way? I made couple of calls and none of them confirmed that they can do upfront medical and send the result electronically? If there is no IME no, they can only do paper based.

Would you mind sharing the details that you have? I may explore it before I decide on the which way to go?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
I got mine done at London Ontario. Send you a PM with the details.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Any people doing upfront medicals in Calgary :).. I am hi king of applying

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
I'm thinking to do up-front e-medical this week. I'm an Aug applicant but haven't received MR yet.
Is there any specific form I need to email to CIC after the medicals done?
Would you recommend doing UFM at all?

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
I'm thinking to do up-front e-medical this week. I'm an Aug applicant but haven't received MR yet.
Is there any specific form I need to email to CIC after the medicals done?
Would you recommend doing UFM at all?

flywith2010

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi Experts - Today I visited a doctor for a upfront Medical , He said that as you are doing up front Medical then e-medical cannot be done .
As for e-medical you need some EMI number , and I don't have any such number.

They offered me paper medical only.

Is this correct or I am missing somethign here ?

Thanks

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
A word to the new 2013 applicants...who are thinking of advancing their medicals.

Just my opinion (pls dont go nuts on me if you disagree!). :-X

Your Immigrant Visa will be valid up to 1 year from the time CIC gets your medicals. And just to be clear, that 1 yr date starts when CIC receives your final medical results that are clear of any issues.

So in my limited knowledge, advancing your medicals might shorten the time of your immigrant visa.

Ofcourse most of us, usually run to the border or complete our landing asap. But we may be in a situation, where we can't do our landing right away,for example working in other country. Advancing the medicals might force you to land within 2-3 months of your immigrant visa.

Just a thought for you to consider before going ahead with upfront medicals. Though i'd love to hear from members who did advance medicals. What was the validity of their immigrant visa on their passports?

All the best.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
A word to the new 2013 applicants...who are thinking of advancing their medicals.

Just my opinion (pls dont go nuts on me if you disagree!). :-X

Your Immigrant Visa will be valid up to 1 year from the time CIC gets your medicals. And just to be clear, that 1 yr date starts when CIC receives your final medical results that are clear of any issues.

So in my limited knowledge, advancing your medicals might shorten the time of your immigrant visa.

Ofcourse most of us, usually run to the border or complete our landing asap. But we may be in a situation, where we can't do our landing right away,for example working in other country. Advancing the medicals might force you to land within 2-3 months of your immigrant visa.

Just a thought for you to consider before going ahead with upfront medicals. Though i'd love to hear from members who did advance medicals. What was the validity of their immigrant visa on their passports?

All the best.
well said dear, our forum member, Dilli, will have better knowledge . he just landed and he did advanced medical. I hope he read this :)