+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UPFRONT MEDICAL REPORT!!!!

member06

Sep 11, 2011
Hi all,

I have a question. How can we do our upfront medical exam without CIC request? Will I do this as a worker? If I do upfront medicals as a worker, will it be valid for medical exam for PR?

lrow said:
Thanks GinnyPi . We did our upfront medicals few days ago and Doctor gave us form 1017B and asked as to send
it to CIC Ottawa. We will probably send them in a week. When did you send your forms ? Does something gets updated in e-cas?

lrow

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
member06 said:
Hi all,

I have a question. How can we do our upfront medical exam without CIC request? Will I do this as a worker? If I do upfront medicals as a worker, will it be valid for medical exam for PR?
You will have to do upfront medical exam as a worker for Canadian Experience Class.

Other options available but not applicable for CEC are - Family sponsorship / Student / Visitor / Refugee.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi All,

It would be great if somebody can answer these couple of questions .

1) Regarding upfront medicals what is the best practice regarding sending of the form 1017B.

a) Should it sent right after the medicals exam
or
b) After 2-4 weeks ( by this time our results would have reached CPP-Ottawa)
or
c) Only when CIC requests a Medical

2) In the form 1017B where do you put your CEC AOR and UCI number . I did not find any place Or Do you put it as a " sticky notes "

lrow

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
lrow said:
Hi All,

It would be great if somebody can answer these couple of questions .

1) Regarding upfront medicals what is the best practice regarding sending of the form 1017B.

a) Should it sent right after the medicals exam
or
b) After 2-4 weeks ( by this time our results would have reached CPP-Ottawa)
or
c) Only when CIC requests a Medical

2) In the form 1017B where do you put your CEC AOR and UCI number . I did not find any place Or Do you put it as a " sticky notes "

lrow
(1) Send a scanned copy of the Upfront Medical Notification to CIC.
a, b or c - whenever you send it, CIC will be able to see it only the time they complete all other checks in the course of processing your application.

(2) There is no need to write AOR or UCI on 1017B. You can just mention it in the email. The physician would have linked your AOR / UCI to the UMI number (1017B) being issued. The UMI number with bar code appearing on the form will suffice for CIC to track your credentials.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Andy2109 said:
(1) Send a scanned copy of the Upfront Medical Notification to CIC.
a, b or c - whenever you send it, CIC will be able to see it only the time they complete all other checks in the course of processing your application.

(2) There is no need to write AOR or UCI on 1017B. You can just mention it in the email. The physician would have linked your AOR / UCI to the UMI number (1017B) being issued. The UMI number with bar code appearing on the form will suffice for CIC to track your credentials.
Thanks Andy1029 .

on 1)
Form 1017B has our original photo attached . Still scanned copy would work .

on 2) >> The physician would have linked your AOR / UCI to the UMI number.
The problem is that even after asking a few times the physician said they do not need any of our AOR or UCI number so I am sure that they have not linked anything . They just asked us to send the 1017B to CIC ottawa and said that " Give any of your details and rest will be taken care by the bar code . "

lrow

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
lrow said:
Thanks Andy1029 .

on 1)
Form 1017B has our original photo attached . Still scanned copy would work .

on 2) >> The physician would have linked your AOR / UCI to the UMI number.
The problem is that even after asking a few times the physician said they do not need any of our AOR or UCI number so I am sure that they have not linked anything . They just asked us to send the 1017B to CIC ottawa and said that " Give any of your details and rest will be taken care by the bar code . "

lrow
Unusual.
(1) In eMedicals, photos are taken at the Medical centre by the physician. Original photos are not required in eMedicals (neither during the exam nor required to be sent to CIC). So scanned copy of notification will suffice. In your case, you can send the hard copy to CPP Ottawa.

(2) In Upfront Medicals, physician will definitely need the UCI (in case you have not filed application yet) and/or Application number (in case you have already filed application and recd AOR). Nevertheless, the bar code does capture your given name / last name, date of birth and details as per the passport. Just write your AOR Number on the notification to be on the safer side.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Andy2109 said:
Unusual.
(1) In eMedicals, photos are taken at the Medical centre by the physician. Original photos are not required in eMedicals (neither during the exam nor required to be sent to CIC). So scanned copy of notification will suffice. In your case, you can send the hard copy to CPP Ottawa.

(2) In Upfront Medicals, physician will definitely need the UCI (in case you have not filed application yet) and/or Application number (in case you have already filed application and recd AOR). Nevertheless, the bar code does capture your given name / last name, date of birth and details as per the passport. Just write your AOR Number on the notification to be on the safer side.
Thanks for the input . I think the DMP I went to might not have fully implemented the e-medicals . I am bit worried now but as you suggested I guess sending AOR no. as a note could still work .

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is nowhere on the Upfront medical form for the DMP to write your UCI.
With your own submission of form 1017 B, you can indicate that your PR application has already been submitted, and provide either your UCI or application/file number, or both.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
GinnyPi said:
There is nowhere on the Upfront medical form for the DMP to write your UCI.
With your own submission of form 1017 B, you can indicate that your PR application has already been submitted, and provide either your UCI or application/file number, or both.
Thanks GinnyPi. Is your e-cas updated now with medical status ?
Another thing is does the DMP inform you when they send medicals to Ottawa ? If not will they answer properly if we call and ask them whether the reports were send .. any results etc... . ( We did our medicals in Tornoto)

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
Hello Friends,

I have gone for upfront Medical exams (eMedicals) and DMP generated a form which contains File number (UMI U******) and other details, but nothing about my File number or UCI.
Now Should I send this information as an additional document to my File so that they will refer this when it comes to Medical?

Thanks

Lovenpeace

Sep 24, 2012
Anamadheya said:
Hello Friends,

I have gone for upfront Medical exams (eMedicals) and DMP generated a form which contains File number (UMI U******) and other details, but nothing about my File number or UCI.
Now Should I send this information as an additional document to my File so that they will refer this when it comes to Medical

Hi There

Can you please share the location where you did youre upfront medicals.

Lovenpeace

Sep 24, 2012
Hi

Did any of you get youre upfront medicals done at any Calgary or Edmonton location, please share you're experience

Thanks

rsn

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upfront medical seems bad idea as e-medical much much faster

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lrow said:
Thanks GinnyPi. Is your e-cas updated now with medical status ?
Another thing is does the DMP inform you when they send medicals to Ottawa ? If not will they answer properly if we call and ask them whether the reports were send .. any results etc... . ( We did our medicals in Tornoto)
No ecas update yet, I suspect it will happen at the same time as when they start processing my application. The DMP's office didn't contact me when they sent the results to Ottawa. I didn't ask them to. What I did was go back and ask for confirmation and the date of when they sent it. The lady had to call me back, but she eventually confirmed that the results were sent two weeks after completion. Since the X-ray was done offsite, I think it took a week for the X-ray results to get back to the DMP's office. The DMPs are required by CIC to send the results within 1 or 2 weeks I believe, so they can't really hold your results hostage for a long time.