+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UPFRONT MEDICAL REPORT!!!!

tarun kumar devgan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hello everyone,

Starting this new thread to discuss the benefit or losses of getting medical in advance?!?!?

Did anyone send his/her upfront medical report after getting AOR from Sydney NS???

Please share it might save us some time in processing time!

thanks

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Not a good idea considering the risks attached.

1) You can never be 100% sure that your application will go through. If rejected, your medical exam (with associates fees) go for a toss.
2) Your medical exam is valid for 1 year and if your application processing stretches beyond one year (for want of additional info / interview or any other reason), you will have to redo medicals which again will result in your first exam and fees going in the drain.
3) Very rare chances but there is a probability that your MR records might not reach the exact destination (your file) with you doing it before the request from CIC - scope for confusion.

Last but not the least, eMedical has come in. It is really quick and no manual process, no postal delays.

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
I Agree with Andy,

I have asked the same question to CIC through email and here is the snippet of the response

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

It is not recommended to go for upfront medicals as it will not expedite the process of your application.

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Andy2109 said:
Not a good idea considering the risks attached.

1) You can never be 100% sure that your application will go through. If rejected, your medical exam (with associates fees) go for a toss.
2) Your medical exam is valid for 1 year and if your application processing stretches beyond one year (for want of additional info / interview or any other reason), you will have to redo medicals which again will result in your first exam and fees going in the drain.
3) Very rare chances but there is a probability that your MR records might not reach the exact destination (your file) with you doing it before the request from CIC - scope for confusion.

Last but not the least, eMedical has come in. It is really quick and no manual process, no postal delays.
I agree with Andy.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually disagree.

I agree in the sense that you are taking a chance, your application could be declined after all.

However, If you do a search on google re cic and e Medicals you should be able to locate a PDF issued by cic, that covers the procedure for emedicals along with the process for advanced Medicals.

Although cic will not have entered your data into the electronic system, the dr can do it for them if the Medicals are completed in advanced.

By looking at recent data on the trackitt spreadsheet, those who do advanced Medicals tend to get their ppr much sooner than those who don't! While it may not be hugely different, it can save over a month.

Good luck either way.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
I actually disagree.

I agree in the sense that you are taking a chance, your application could be declined after all.

However, If you do a search on google re cic and e Medicals you should be able to locate a PDF issued by cic, that covers the procedure for emedicals along with the process for advanced Medicals.

Although cic will not have entered your data into the electronic system, the dr can do it for them if the Medicals are completed in advanced.

By looking at recent data on the trackitt spreadsheet, those who do advanced Medicals tend to get their ppr much sooner than those who don't! While it may not be hugely different, it can save over a month.

Good luck either way.
jsm0085, can you please share the link to the pdf and also site some users in trackiit which you were referring to?

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,
It seems the Medical process has changed since Dec 2012.

When you finish your medicals(Xray and Blood Test). Did DMP gave you Client Biodata and Summary [IMM 1017B (12-2012)] to be sent to CIC Ottawa ?
If Yes then did you send any cover letter with the BioData form?

I am an October 2012 Applicant and applied from Toronto. I would greatly appreciate if you answer my question and help me better prepare for my medicals.

All the very best for your Process!

Regards,
lrow

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
jsm0085 said:
I actually disagree.

Good luck either way.
Saving over a month of processing time is old story in the manual process. Definitely not worth the risk in the age of quick eMedicals.
For those who want to do it in advance, ALL THE BEST guys!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
Saving over a month of processing time is old story in the manual process. Definitely not worth the risk in the age of quick eMedicals.
For those who want to do it in advance, ALL THE BEST guys!
It's not a risk - I'm going on a recent document written by cic, that discussed advanced Medicals with the emedical system.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Refer to upfront Medicals section.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
jsm0085 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Refer to upfront Medicals section.
Yes jsm0085. I appreciate what you have shared. But the risks (1) & (2) that I have listed above, still remain intact :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
Yes jsm0085. I appreciate what you have shared. But the risks (1) & (2) that I have listed above, still remain intact :)
What risks are you talking about? I'm slightly confused. If it wasn't possible, guidance wouldn't be issued regarding how to do it. Also, it definitely won't slow down the process, so I'm extremely confused by the comments.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
jsm0085 said:
What risks are you talking about? I'm slightly confused. If it wasn't possible, guidance wouldn't be issued regarding how to do it. Also, it definitely won't slow down the process, so I'm extremely confused by the comments.
Here you go.

In cases where there are 2-3 dependants with the applicant, the total cost of eMedicals could be $500+ (including X-Ray charges). In the manual process, advance medicals could have saved processing time but definitely not in the eMedical environment. So is it worth risking this money? Applicants are the best judge.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Folks,

Do note that the cost of eMedicals is slightly higher than the earlier manual one. Considering that the actual photographs are not required anymore (to be brought) in the new process, physicians are smartly bundling the cost into the total fees now.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
lrow said:
Hi ,
It seems the Medical process has changed since Dec 2012.

When you finish your medicals(Xray and Blood Test). Did DMP gave you Client Biodata and Summary [IMM 1017B (12-2012)] to be sent to CIC Ottawa ?
If Yes then did you send any cover letter with the BioData form?

I am an October 2012 Applicant and applied from Toronto. I would greatly appreciate if you answer my question and help me better prepare for my medicals.

All the very best for your Process!

Regards,
lrow
Did DMP gave anybody Client Biodata and Summary [IMM 1017B (12-2012)] to be sent to CIC Ottawa ?