+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating the application form with cic

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello Guys,
I need to update the application form with cic. I messed up my work history. I put 2 extra months under one employer then I actually worked for and also I need to give their full names (like 12345 MB LTD, ETC) to cic. How can I do this? Do I do this through Webform or Do I email them? I only recently applied for citizenship and got my AOR. But the error has started to grate on me. What do you guys suggest? Or have anyone been in similar situation?

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
You should pay more attention when filling up.

Just sit and wait until they comtact you if they need the info

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017

Just sit and wait until they comtact you if they need the info
True. But I have already arrived at that wisdom. Lol!

But my question is what to do now? At least what can I do reasonably to avoid falling in the ditch? I am sure someone else, somewhere else has done the same thing. One good thing about the whole situation is that I can correct it, if it comes down to it and not face the CIC's infamous Axe.

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
Just wait until you receive AOR, then send a letter explaining your mistakes and the accurate info to the processing center or your processing office

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Just wait until you receive AOR, then send a letter explaining your mistakes and the accurate info to the processing center or your processing office
I received the AOR recently. And should i print the whole new form and send it. I am thinking of sending them the explanation and the T4's pointing to the changes which occurred and when they occurred. If anything, I will be subjected to a little more scrutiny. And that is fine.

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
Your best shot is actually to call, and tell the agents exactly what was the mistake, so they can give you accurate info and instructions on what and not to send, that way, you can write on the explanation that the documents you are attaching are because the call center agent told you... here is a he say she say, and no one knows for sure. Best shot, call the center and speak with an agent

Reactions: winpro

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the AOR recently. And should i print the whole new form and send it. I am thinking of sending them the explanation and the T4's pointing to the changes which occurred and when they occurred. If anything, I will be subjected to a little more scrutiny. And that is fine.
Just wait till you get your test invite.
If they bring it up at time of Interview then you can explain to them.
You can carry the corrected form at time of your test and hand it to the CO at time of interview.

AG

Reactions: winpro

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Your best shot is actually to call, and tell the agents exactly what was the mistake, so they can give you accurate info and instructions on what and not to send, that way, you can write on the explanation that the documents you are attaching are because the call center agent told you... here is a he say she say, and no one knows for sure. Best shot, call the center and speak with an agent
Thank you for a clear advice and not just knee jerk judgement. Thanks again.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Just wait till you get your test invite.
If they bring it up at time of Interview then you can explain to them.
You can carry the corrected form at time of your test and hand it to the CO at time of interview.

AG
Okay, Thank you.

My only concern is that would it not raise credibility issues if they realize on their own. And yes, it could be a bit sketchy if I give them info but at least I can say that I provided it to them.

I am going to take your advice and other advice I have been given here and weigh it patiently and carefully.

Thank you again.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
...how exactly does that help anyone? Like...seriously...someone came to this forum to ask a question about a mistake they made...what benefit is it to them (or to anyone else for that matter) to point out that they SHOULDN'T have made that mistake...of course they shouldn't have. Of course they should've made more attention when they filled the form. We're here to help not judge.

Last edited:

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, Thank you.

My only concern is that would it not raise credibility issues if they realize on their own. And yes, it could be a bit sketchy if I give them info but at least I can say that I provided it to them.

I am going to take your advice and other advice I have been given here and weigh it patiently and carefully.

Thank you again.
You have not done that intentionally.
Taking along the correct form will show your part that you did not intend to hide any facts.
After you realized your unintentional mistake you were voluntarily offering to admit the mistake

Let me tell you, you are not the first person to have made a mistake in CIC applications.
IRRC understands that we are all humans.

AG

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
...how exactly does that help anyone? Like...seriously...someone came to this forum to ask a question about a mistake they made...what benefit is it to them (or to anyone else for that matter) to point out that they SHOULDN'T have made that mistake...of course they shouldn't have. Of course they should've made more attention when they filled the form. We're here to help not judge.
Background:
I was super eager to apply under the new rules. So I fill the forms and boom Sent. Now when the rush wears off, I look at all the documents again. Turns out, I mentioned a few months (3 to be precise) over for one employer and 3 less for the next one. But there is a catch here, the business was the same but was sold to new guy.
So I did not think it necessary to be super careful since the address and the position remained the same.
But that voice in your head doesn't go away. I got my T4's for that year and realized the mistake I had made and also the fact that I had not changed the employer name (For eg, for 12345 Ont LTD to 6789 Ont LTD). but the operations remained the same.

In case through my WP records (I had open wp at the time) and through PR application in the FOSS, they realize I have committed this mistake, I don't want to deal with that situation. If anything, it will be confusing to them.

But I may be overthinking it or it may be a genuine concern. I tried calling CIC, but they seem pretty busy, so I am going to try again soon.

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hello Guys,
I need to update the application form with cic. I messed up my work history. I put 2 extra months under one employer then I actually worked for and also I need to give their full names (like 12345 MB LTD, ETC) to cic. How can I do this? Do I do this through Webform or Do I email them? I only recently applied for citizenship and got my AOR. But the error has started to grate on me. What do you guys suggest? Or have anyone been in similar situation?
I messed up in two questions with mine and I used the webform to update and attached a scanned copy of the corrected application form. They emailed 2 weeks after and said they will forward it to my processing office. I also got a letter by mail which quoted my webform/email in the letter. I think my webform update somehow triggered them to recheck my whole application since they requested an updated physical presence calculator which I didn't realize I made a mistake on lol.

Got AOR Nov 7, updated via webform Nov 8, In process Nov 14 and the letter was dated Nov 21.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I messed up in two questions with mine and I used the webform to update and attached a scanned copy of the corrected application form. They emailed 2 weeks after and said they will forward it to my processing office. I also got a letter by mail which quoted my webform/email in the letter. I think my webform update somehow triggered them to recheck my whole application since they requested an updated physical presence calculator which I didn't realize I made a mistake on lol.

Got AOR Nov 7, updated via webform Nov 8, In process Nov 14 and the letter was dated Nov 21.
Okay, that is encouraging to see. And would you mind sharing which questions you made mistakes on? And was it related to work history in any way?