+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update TRV data after Visa issuance

VMSF

Nov 5, 2017
I've successfully obtained my TRV recently and I'm willing to visit Canada soon. However, my only concern is that on my application: I provided estimated date of birth for my family members (brothers and sisters who are not travelling with me). Now is this going to be a problem for me if I applied for any further process regarding CIC or if any of my brothers apply for TRV in the future?
If so, is it possible to update these data (only the Date of Birth) on file?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've successfully obtained my TRV recently and I'm willing to visit Canada soon. However, my only concern is that on my application: I provided estimated date of birth for my family members (brothers and sisters who are not travelling with me). Now is this going to be a problem for me if I applied for any further process regarding CIC or if any of my brothers apply for TRV in the future?
If so, is it possible to update these data (only the Date of Birth) on file?
If the date/month/year is not known, you must enter an '*' (asterisk sign) for each unknown data.

Approximations/estimates are not advisable especially as you and your family intend to claim asylum. You can send an email/web form to the relevant visa office if you now have the correct details of your siblings or else inform IRCC that you had provided incorrect dates/estimated dates.

Hope you have declared all your siblings in the Family Information form

VMSF

Nov 5, 2017
If the date/month/year is not known, you must enter an '*' (asterisk sign) for each unknown data.

Approximations/estimates are not advisable especially as you and your family intend to claim asylum. You can send an email/web form to the relevant visa office if you now have the correct details of your siblings or else inform IRCC that you had provided incorrect dates/estimated dates.

Hope you have declared all your siblings in the Family Information form
Thank you for the reply. I only have provided estimated date(s) to the best of my knowledge at time of application and I would like to update the details through IRCC web form, but is that going to affect my TRV in anyway?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for the reply. I only have provided estimated date(s) to the best of my knowledge at time of application and I would like to update the details through IRCC web form, but is that going to affect my TRV in anyway?
It's like this:
IRCC runs background/ security/ criminal/ immigration/ fingerprint and name checks on someone based on certain parameters which includes the date of birth. That's why one should not provide estimated dates in the TRV application form + the Family Information form. That could potentially appear as misrepresentation.

It is also incorrect to provide estimated dates for all your siblings.

Updating the IRCC database by sending a web form + email will not affect your TRV

Reactions: VMSF

VMSF

Nov 5, 2017
It's like this:
IRCC runs background/ security/ criminal/ immigration/ fingerprint and name checks on someone based on certain parameters which includes the date of birth. That's why one should not provide estimated dates in the TRV application form + the Family Information form. That could potentially appear as misrepresentation.

It is also incorrect to provide estimated dates for all your siblings.

Updating the IRCC database by sending a web form + email will not affect your TRV
Thank you very much for the advise. I did some reading about this, and there seem to be strict and fatal issue regarding misrepresentation. I understand now that I did a mistake not providing very accurate DOB of my siblings yet I cannot think of anyway I could have provided them on that time. Even now that I only have the correct Year of birth but no the whole DOB but that's another issue for me to solve.

What I'd like to know for sure, how did you find out that Updating IRCC database will not affect my TRV? I mean is there any similar cases or a reference resource where I can read?

In my quick search I just couldn't find any support information to confirm if non-travelling members date of birth could be considered non-relevant. I appreciate your help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What I'd like to know for sure, how did you find out that Updating IRCC database will not affect my TRV? I mean is there any similar cases or a reference resource where I can read?

In my quick search I just couldn't find any support information to confirm if non-travelling members date of birth could be considered non-relevant. I appreciate your help.
Based on what we've seen here.

You won't find any documentary evidence/written guidelines from IRCC that reference this.

If you inform IRCC about any incorrect details or about any previous visa refusals that were not declared in the TRV application before IRCC discovers such mistakes then you're safe and sorted. Basically, it's like acknowledging the mistake of your own accord.

IMO, you're thinking and trying to read too much between the lines in your case. Maybe it is anxiety because of you intend to claim asylum. As long as your siblings do not have anything on their records that could affect you, you must send the CSE/email and leave matters at that

Amarpreetsingh

Nov 12, 2017
  1. Hello @Bryanna

My brother had applied visitor visa on 25Th Oct and we received email saying it had been rejected, please help me regarding this @brea

Grounds for refusal:

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Your family ties in Canada and in your country ofresidence

Your immigration status

Your personal assets and financial status

Your travel history

family ties in Canada and in country of residence

immigration status in country of residence

1. As a sponsor I have submitted 6 months bank balance with $12000, letter of employment, 2016 notice of assessment, letter and recommendation letter from MP

Applicant documents-

Letter of employment saying that working for 2 years as supervisor with salary of QAR7000 per month,

Bank statement with $8000, property asse

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
  1. Hello @Bryanna

My brother had applied visitor visa on 25Th Oct and we received email saying it had been rejected, please help me regarding this @brea

Grounds for refusal:

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Your family ties in Canada and in your country ofresidence

Your immigration status

Your personal assets and financial status

Your travel history

family ties in Canada and in country of residence

immigration status in country of residence
  1. As a sponsor I have submitted 6 months bank balance with $12000, letter of employment, 2016 notice of assessment, letter and recommendation letter from MP

Applicant documents-

Letter of employment saying that working for 2 years as supervisor with salary of QAR7000 per month,

Bank statement with $8000, property asse
I suggest you start a new thread

VMSF

Nov 5, 2017
Based on what we've seen here.

You won't find any documentary evidence/written guidelines from IRCC that reference this.

If you inform IRCC about any incorrect details or about any previous visa refusals that were not declared in the TRV application before IRCC discovers such mistakes then you're safe and sorted. Basically, it's like acknowledging the mistake of your own accord.

IMO, you're thinking and trying to read too much between the lines in your case. Maybe it is anxiety because of you intend to claim asylum. As long as your siblings do not have anything on their records that could affect you, you must send the CSE/email and leave matters at that
That is right, I just worry very much at this stage. I don't have any issues with my family members records I only fear the consequences of inconsistent data discrepancies in future.

Thanks again for your helpful comments.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That is right, I just worry very much at this stage. I don't have any issues with my family members records I only fear the consequences of inconsistent data discrepancies in future.

Thanks again for your helpful comments.
Nothing to worry about if there are date mismatches as long as you keep IRCC informed :):)

I suggest you should focus on your asylum claim and in moving to Canada