+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[UPDATE]People who got fingerprint request!

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Re: People who got fingerprint request!

CicStratos said:
wow, unfair :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Don't say it's being unfair when others' application are processed faster than yours. This makes people scared to post their timeline and updates here. Because some people really feel so unfair that they call the CIC and tell them about others being processed faster in the forum, and demand equal processing time. Please understand that each application is unique on it's own. If CIC uses first come first served like fast food restaurant, imagine there are many application with problems in front of your straight forward application, then the processing time would end-up five years because we all need to wait for CIC to clear those applications with problem that come first.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB

K camp said:
They sometimes fingerprint u when u can't be find in their data base....like for someone who neva applied for America visa or enter other countries that do prints for enter....they want to lock in ur printed to kno u
This was neither true in my case at that time, as I was working in an area which required high security clearance ("a valid Government of Canada security clearance of Secret or higher") as pre-requiste for job, also for the previous job (though not worked) cleared of all required security clearance/normal after interview. So in brief, three FPs were done each for a different reason within few months.
But still that was a very decent time in terms of citizenship processing, just few months to oath including a FP done; looking today's deplorable time line.

CicStratos

May 17, 2014

I called CIC again and to my misfortune I spoke to the same agent I had spoken with 2 weeks ago. He told me your file is in the local office, and they will contact you for any further information. Nothing else. I don't know how long will it take to hear anything from the local office..

BLT

Jul 30, 2014

CicStratos said:
I called CIC again and to my misfortune I spoke to the same agent I had spoken with 2 weeks ago. He told me your file is in the local office, and they will contact you for any further information. Nothing else. I don't know how long will it take to hear anything from the local office..
Told you already, calling them won't give you any information. They are using imagination to answer your question. I can answer it too, using my imagination.
Now one question for you : Have you ever had any problem with police, being charged or being convicted?

CicStratos

May 17, 2014

No never, I haven't even travelled outside Canada since l got here. When I got my FP results from RCMP, it was all clear and everything seemed normal. Though many people are saying that RCMP sends the finger print results directly, in my case the police officer at the local police station told me to send the copy of my results directly to the local office, and I was told the same thing by the call centre agent as well.

Just going to wait, what else is there to do..and I know many people had it worse or had their files processed later but most of the people who got their FPs got the test invite within 2-3 months, and It will be exactly 3 months for me on Nov 07

Cancan_2014

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014

BLT said:
Never call the call centre. You must be very very extremely lucky to find an agent who is going to look at your application and tell you the truth. Most of the times, they are using their imagination to answer your question. Instead of calling them, you better go to pray in the temple or church. The outcome is the same : uncertainty. At least praying give you peace of mind.
haha. Very true

BLT

Jul 30, 2014

CicStratos said:
No never, I haven't even travelled outside Canada since l got here. When I got my FP results from RCMP, it was all clear and everything seemed normal. Though many people are saying that RCMP sends the finger print results directly, in my case the police officer at the local police station told me to send the copy of my results directly to the local office, and I was told the same thing by the call centre agent as well.

Just going to wait, what else is there to do..and I know many people had it worse or had their files processed later but most of the people who got their FPs got the test invite within 2-3 months, and It will be exactly 3 months for me on Nov 07
CIC would have gotten it 1 week-10 days after you submitted the FP.
Based on my observation here, people with zero absence would be given RQ most of the times.

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

The steps of fingerprints is as follows. Contrary to popular belief - it is NOT like a RQ. I got my fingerprints requested but still got citizenship in 7 months. I believe this is what happens.
1. CIC local office request for you to do fingerprints. You receive the request from CIC St Clair.
2. You do fingerprints at Commissionaires - do it ASAP, do not delay
3. Commissionaires send to RCMP.
4. RCMP processes the info. Takes several days.
5. RCMP sends results to CIC. Takes several days
6. CIC background check dept (in St Clair) verifies results, performs more checks. Takes several days.
7. CIC background check dept sends it back to the local office
8. CIC local office verifies all is in order and determines if more info is required. Takes several days
9. Place in queue for test invite.

What you should do after you take your fingerprints:

A. Check directly with RCMP
You can check with RCMP if the fingerprints were taken and sent to CIC. Here is what you do.

1. Write an email to civilnps@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

2. In the email provide the following information. Here is a sample letter you can use which is what I used:

Hi there.

My name is XXXXXXXXXXX and I would like to inquire about my digital fingerprint status and to see if the results were been complete and if the fingerprints have been sent to Citizenship and Immigration Canada at the St Clair office. I had the fingerprints taken on XXXXXXX XX, 2014 for my citizenship application .

The details of my fingerprinting are as follows:
First name: ‎XXXX
Last name: XXX
Date of birth‎: 19XX Month XX
Reference: XXXX XXX
TCN: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
DCN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Address : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX , XXXXXX, XX XXX XXX

Yours sincerely,
XXXXX

3. Expect a reply which takes 2-3 weeks. This is the response that I got from CivilNPS@rcmp-grc.gc.ca about 20 days after the fingerprints was taken.

Good day

Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on XXXXXXX XX 2014 and the result has been sent to:

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA
ST CLAIR CIC
25 ST CLAIR AVENUE EAST, 2ND FLOOR
TORONTO ON M4T 1M2

Thank you for contacting us,

Merci de nous contacter ,

The Call Center of CFSS - Centre d’appel du STDC

RCMP - Forensic Science and Identification Services

GRC - Services des sciences judiciaires et de l’identité

Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services

Services canadiens d'identification criminelle en temps réel

Civil Fingerprint Screening Services

Services de triage des dactylogrammes civils

shm

----------------------

B. Check directly with CIC
After three weeks, call CIC and explain to them you had taken the fingerprints three weeks ago, and you would like to verify if they have received the results, if all was in order, and if there was anything else you need to do on your end. They would either say "yes", or "no". You can also ask if the fingerprints were still being verified by their background check dept.

They will tell you if you ask directly the info you want.

RELAX...... Hope this helps!

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

BLT said:
CIC would have gotten it 1 week-10 days after you submitted the FP.
Based on my observation here, people with zero absence would be given RQ most of the times.
I had over 30 absences, no criminal record, and received a fingerprint request.

Dolly Parmar

Oct 12, 2014

CicStratos said:
Hi all,

Is anybody here who got a request for fingerprints? I got mine sometime by end of june and I sent them on July 02. Scarborough CIC office "officially received" them on august 07th I believe.When I called CIC call centre, I was told that they have been waiting for some sort of verification from the RCMP, which I do not understand because why else would they request the fingerprints for..

so anyone else in the same game of waiting?and if you got your test invitation, how long did it take for you?
Well honestly it doesn't guarantee you anything my brother got fingerprinted in 2012 and they did nothing to his file so the fingerprints expired and he got fingerprinted again in 2013. His finger prints expired again but thank god they didn't ask for them again he recently received a test date. Not to disappoint you but just so you don't get your hopes too high because it can get very annoying.

danishsoomro

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
London, United Kindom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th October, 2010
AOR Received.
7th Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
7th Feb, 2011
Med's Request
18th March, 2011
Med's Done....
30th March, 2011 PCC + RPRF reached 7th April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10th May, 2011....Same time ECAS = Decision made....
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Submitted 2nd June, Collected 16th June, 2011 (IN PERSON at LONDON VO)
LANDED..........
September, 2011 inshAllah

Hey guys, I may sound stupid but was wondering if there is a way to send finger prints with application??

Thanks for any input.

CicStratos

May 17, 2014

I am sure you can get your fingerprints done only by request by CIC or whichever company(sometimes employers, corporations ask for background checks).

K camp

Jul 7, 2014

My fingerprint was update inna cic system and background check all completed

CicStratos

May 17, 2014

K camp said:
My fingerprint was update inna cic system and background check all completed
did it get updated in e-cas? and how long did it take you to get your test invite from the time you submitted your finger prints