+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[UPDATE]People who got fingerprint request!

CicStratos

May 17, 2014
Hi all,

Is anybody here who got a request for fingerprints? I got mine sometime by end of june and I sent them on July 02. Scarborough CIC office "officially received" them on august 07th I believe.When I called CIC call centre, I was told that they have been waiting for some sort of verification from the RCMP, which I do not understand because why else would they request the fingerprints for..

so anyone else in the same game of waiting?and if you got your test invitation, how long did it take for you?

Update October 23, 2014: So I called the call centre and this time the agent seemed very nice. she told me that my finger prints were received, though Scarborough office has not requested any RCMP verification on my file since than and now it is past 3 months, so she sent in a inquiry to my local office(scarborough) to know the reasons for its delay or whatever it could be. I don't know any more.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Re: People who got fingerprint request!

CicStratos said:
Hi all,

Is anybody here who got a request for fingerprints? I got mine sometime by end of june and I sent them on July 02. Scarborough CIC office "officially received" them on august 07th I believe.When I called CIC call centre, I was told that they have been waiting for some sort of verification from the RCMP, which I do not understand because why else would they request the fingerprints for..

so anyone else in the same game of waiting?and if you got your test invitation, how long did it take for you?
Never call the call centre. You must be very very extremely lucky to find an agent who is going to look at your application and tell you the truth. Most of the times, they are using their imagination to answer your question. Instead of calling them, you better go to pray in the temple or church. The outcome is the same : uncertainty. At least praying give you peace of mind.

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010

CicStratos said:
Hi all,

I was requested for Fingerprints on 23rd May and submitted them on 26th May. My fingerprints results were sent to CIC from RCMP on 18th July. CIC sent me a letter on 18th Sept to submit court information sheet because i got an absolute discharge from the court for something stupid. I sent the court information sheet on 22nd sept and received test invitation letter on 9th oct. I hope this timeline helps, I was fingerprinted for a legit reason because i was actually in trouble with cops.

CicStratos

May 17, 2014

I recall reading your post regarding the fingerprints. What is your local office?

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010

STC

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010

I must say I am fortunate then...

Application filed: Feb 27th, 2014
Fingerprint requested: Aug 14th, 2014
Fingerprint received by CIC from RCMP: Aug 25th, 2014.
Test: Oct 28, 2014
Local Office: Scarborough

CicStratos

May 17, 2014

spellbinder said:
I must say I am fortunate then...

Application filed: Feb 27th, 2014
Fingerprint requested: Aug 14th, 2014
Fingerprint received by CIC from RCMP: Aug 25th, 2014.
Test: Oct 28, 2014
Local Office: Scarborough
did you e-cas update regarding your test invitation?

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010

CicStratos said:
did you e-cas update regarding your test invitation?
Yes, I got the test letter last week and ecas updated sometime before that I am guessing.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything to happen this year. There is just soooo much luck factor involved in this application process that the least you care the better your life is... but hang in there man, STC is still faster than a lot of other offices in the country.

p.s: My first/last name is quite unique in my country of origin, but if I am to believe CIC, I have a namesake roaming Canada with a criminal record.... thats concerning...

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009

I have been asked for fingerprints last week and submitted it through RCMP authorized shop. He mentioned that RCMP usually send the records with in 72 hours to CIC.

I have a question - How would I know if the Fingerprint reports sent by RCMP has been received by CIC? Should I proactively seek this information by calling CIC Call Center?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009

Any feedback to the below question is appreciated!

How would I know if the Fingerprint reports has been sent by RCMP and if it has been received by CIC?

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010

sapguru said:
Any feedback to the below question is appreciated!

How would I know if the Fingerprint reports has been sent by RCMP and if it has been received by CIC?
I called CIC to find out and they can tell when the RCMP report was entered in their system.

K camp

Jul 7, 2014

I got fingerprint requested...on September 24 2014. Did it at the police station head quarter....which the results was mailed to my address...so i FedEx it off to the address on the letter send from cic....u can also email rcmp at there email address...no replied yet

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB

spellbinder said:
p.s: My first/last name is quite unique in my country of origin, but if I am to believe CIC, I have a namesake roaming Canada with a criminal record.... thats concerning...
@ spellbinder
Well, that is what they said in the template copy letter or can say you very politely. Exactly like you I am damn sure about my unique DOB, name , especially my last name doesn't match to any thing, not in Canada but whole North American continent. But still years(sss..) back, when I applied for citizenship I got FP.
Case specif flags raised apart, I believe most of the FP request are made out of a random/automated process for the purpose of quality control (later confirmed by a CIC insider too). Nothing to do with any matching criminal records or BS as said....

K camp

Jul 7, 2014

They sometimes fingerprint u when u can't be find in their data base....like for someone who neva applied for America visa or enter other countries that do prints for enter....they want to lock in ur printed to kno u