+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update on IRCC processing capability

Slandercakes

Mar 25, 2021
Hello, please I did not see this aspect in the update mail I received. I am PNP outland. Can you share the details of the mail here, please. I am Oct 2019 AOR. Thank you.
Hi there,

The website link in the email allowed me to check how long certain applications are likely to take.
I specifically checked Family Class - Spouse (Inland) and it said they're currently processing applications that they received between September - October 2019.

Not good :(

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I think because people have been pushing for more transparency, so they are sending this as a standard email to everyone.

@Slandercakes Outland currently says...

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

May 26 and June 1, 2019

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Slandercakes

Mar 25, 2021
I think because people have been pushing for more transparency, so they are sending this as a standard email to everyone.

May 26 and June 1, 2019

Yep, outland seems like it's even further behind :-(

• Sad
Reactions: his*marty

Oyinakin

Nov 9, 2020
Hi there,

The website link in the email allowed me to check how long certain applications are likely to take.
I specifically checked Family Class - Spouse (Inland) and it said they're currently processing applications that they received between September - October 2019.

Not good :(
Thank you

Bashima

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021

May 26 and June 1, 2019

Hello can you plz explain further more if you understand that email because I'm confused I'm 29 April 2019 applicant . Thx

Grace4success

Mar 26, 2021
May 2020 here I felt exactly the same as all of you jumping from happiness as this might be my Pre-arrival :). Then I found out the truth :( . Anyway I am trying to positive here. "Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here" this was the only positive words in their letter. Let's all hope for the best and Canada is waiting for us with open arms.
I’m May 2020 too. Fingers crossed

adele777

May 29, 2020
HI did anyone knows the meaning of this email. So confusing
the main purpose of this email is to kill the progress bar,
keep the support stuff no overloaded by endless phone and webform ask about the 100% progress bar

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
the main purpose of this email is to kill the progress bar,
keep the support stuff no overloaded by endless phone and webform ask about the 100% progress bar

Yes, and with the progress bar, to lower expectations. I'm sure that most people will be processed faster than 22 months, as currently indicated by their May 2019 date. But they want to cover their asses for those that fall through the cracks.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello can you plz explain further more if you understand that email because I'm confused I'm 29 April 2019 applicant . Thx
I am sure there are still people waiting pre May 2019 - your situation may be more complex and I would suggest since you've been waiting 2 years, you submit a webform, order your notes and contact an MP to push it. You can also engage a lawyer to do a writ of mandamus to force them to make a decision, but this is costly...but if you get no answers from IRCC and no help from your MP it may be worthwhile.

Bashima

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
I am sure there are still people waiting pre May 2019 - your situation may be more complex and I would suggest since you've been waiting 2 years, you submit a webform, order your notes and contact an MP to push it. You can also engage a lawyer to do a writ of mandamus to force them to make a decision, but this is costly...but if you get no answers from IRCC and no help from your MP it may be worthwhile.
Thanks for your reply I got a procedural fairness letter and they requested a marriage certificate the one I submitted before was from my ambassy im in foreign country me and my husband went to our ambassy to do our civil wedding that the document I submitted with before so they refused that marriage certificate they want the one from the country were I live that take me almost one year to get , finally I got it I submit it on 18th March and they send me a email saying the document is added to the file an office will review... so I'm waiting since then

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thanks for your reply I got a procedural fairness letter and they requested a marriage certificate the one I submitted before was from my ambassy im in foreign country me and my husband went to our ambassy to do our civil wedding that the document I submitted with before so they refused that marriage certificate they want the one from the country were I live that take me almost one year to get , finally I got it I submit it on 18th March and they send me a email saying the document is added to the file an office will review... so I'm waiting since then
Okay, so the delay was really no fault of IRCC... just keep waiting if you recently submitted and hopefully they've done everything else in regards to background/security checks. Crossing fingers for you, you will hear soon!