+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update on IRCC processing capability

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am afraid if they will take this something wrong or misrepresentation? Sometimes I feel like withdrawing and resubmitting the application again for the mess I did on a date. I am on PR and sometimes start overthinking after reading misrepresentation laws etc.

Your valuable suggestion is highly recommended.
You are overthinking. Relax. You did the right thing by correcting.

While it's no guarantee, it doesn't sound like the initial information is 'material' in the sense that if they knew the information, that it would mean that they would have looked at the file differently - your specific employment history is not a critical element of whether you are eligible as a sponsor or not. (But I don't know the details of course)

And I think it is extremely rare for IRCC to pursue the misrepresentation aspect where the person involved has made an honest, good faith effort to correct the record (seemingly before IRCC is even aware of it).

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
@armoured - I have full-time experience for 5 years without any gap month. It is just that in 2018 additionally worked on a small contract through my corporation which still exists but nothing after that. I have written that in the web form. Hopefully, they will understand.

I am not sure about the material but it should not be as if this experience was there or not it should not impact. The current full-time job letter is the main thing which should be material. This is my opinion but I am afraid of how the officer sees it. I raised two web forms and also I called several times to ensure they have received the information, everything is on record in GCMS notes.

Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured - I have full-time experience for 5 years without any gap month. It is just that in 2018 additionally worked on a small contract through my corporation which still exists but nothing after that. I have written that in the web form. Hopefully, they will understand.

I am not sure about the material but it should not be as if this experience was there or not it should not impact. The current full-time job letter is the main thing which should be material. This is my opinion but I am afraid of how the officer sees it. I raised two web forms and also I called several times to ensure they have received the information, everything is on record in GCMS notes.

Thanks.
I don't think they care at all about such part-time additional contracts - unless there was something particularly meaningful about that (like your contract was with the North Korean military or something). Again, the work experience of sponsor/PR for a spousal sponsorship is not about their qualifications but simple background checks (these could be material matters for an economic type of migration where they are looking at experience, I don't know).

You still did the right thing but probably could have just included a short letter of explanation that you occasionally had additional consulting contracts outside your main job, and details available upon request. (Or an additional schedule if you wanted).

So relax, I don't think there's anything to be so worried about. (You know, except for your north korean military consulting)

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi Members,

Quick question. My wife's application for spousal sponsorship is in process.

After being approved as a PR sponsor. I realized that I did a mistake in ending the date for one of my self-employed experiences so I raised a webform and sent them an updated IMM5532E and also apologized for the mistake. Confusion was that I still own the corporation so the form had an ongoing date stating inactive business however I only worked for 3 weeks through that incorporation. I have rectified the mistake.

Although my main experiences are full-time jobs and also letter for the current job was submitted. I have received their response that the updated form and information have been sent to the concerned office. Further, I ordered GCMS notes which said that ***Review required*** updated IMM5532E attached by one of the officers.

I am afraid if they will take this something wrong or misrepresentation? Sometimes I feel like withdrawing and resubmitting the application again for the mess I did on a date. I am on PR and sometimes start overthinking after reading misrepresentation laws etc.

Your valuable suggestion is highly recommended.

File status: Reached visa office. No work has been done on it.
Thanks.
As long as you apply under sponsorship program, your experience is not matter. Just avoid only misrepresentation, otherwise everything will be OK.

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
As long as you apply under sponsorship program, your experience is not matter. Just avoid only misrepresentation, otherwise everything will be OK.
@frange - I am the sponsor. Yes, I did a mistake in the date so I rectified it.

Hopefully, it won't be an issue. Even when submitted the initial form, it was clearly written this is a non-active business and only had activity for 3 weeks.

It is my oversight :(

Thanks.