+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update on IRCC processing capability

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Mine the just did there biometrics 2 months ago. I guess I will just wait and pray for the next step.

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Guys am not using Gc keys to check my status, I'm using the online service is that ok? Or should I link my account?please guys I need some advice on that and thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys am not using Gc keys to check my status, I'm using the online service is that ok? Or should I link my account?please guys I need some advice on that and thank you.
Gckey is more important than the others in that you can receive correspondence there. If you don't have gckey, I presume they would email directly, but it's possible they would send by physical mail and cause delays.

Note, both ecas and gckey have mediocre information about status - they can be useful but they also can be slightly different information.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I agree with @armoured you should link the PA's application to gckey beause all the notices they mail/email will be there and at least you will have peace of mind that you have received all relevant correspondence.

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Just saw the email. September 17 2019 applicant and going into our 19 months. We're waiting for criminality verification... So frustrating
Did you receive the medical instructions? I’m September 19, 2019 and still waiting.

Ggggg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Did you receive the medical instructions? I’m September 19, 2019 and still waiting.
I received medical request last year. They were approved oct.2 2020. I received pre arrivals Dec 8 2020. Mp informed us all is approved only waiting for criminality verification...three months ago. Medicals will son expire.

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Gckey is more important than the others in that you can receive correspondence there. If you don't have gckey, I presume they would email directly, but it's possible they would send by physical mail and cause delays.

Note, both ecas and gckey have mediocre information about status - they can be useful but they also can be slightly different information.
I am the one sponsoring them and so should I link it to my account please advise. Thx

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am the one sponsoring them and so should I link it to my account please advise. Thx
Either one of you can link it. Note, I'm not certain if the sponsor can link if sponsor is not also the representative, don't know - you'll have to check and figure it out. While it only allows one account to be linked to the app, you can share the account that is linked.

Last edited:

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
The gckey will be for the principal applicants application so make sure to use all the PA's details, not the sponsor.

frange

May 25, 2018
The gckey will be for the principal applicants application so make sure to use all the PA's details, not the sponsor.
What about if the sponsor , who already has a GcKey account, wants to link the PA's file to his account? How can he proceed to do that?
Thanks.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
What about if the sponsor , who already has a GcKey account, wants to link the PA's file to his account? How can he proceed to do that?
Thanks.
Log in to your account as normal and click on link an application - and from there you will enter all the PA's info. I've never done it...but it asks for all the information belonging to PA. Choose "Family Sponsorship."

Reactions: frange

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hi Members,

Quick question. My wife's application for spousal sponsorship is in process.

After being approved as a PR sponsor. I realized that I did a mistake in ending the date for one of my self-employed experiences so I raised a webform and sent them an updated IMM5532E and also apologized for the mistake. Confusion was that I still own the corporation so the form had an ongoing date stating inactive business however I only worked for 3 weeks through that incorporation. I have rectified the mistake.

Although my main experiences are full-time jobs and also letter for the current job was submitted. I have received their response that the updated form and information have been sent to the concerned office. Further, I ordered GCMS notes which said that ***Review required*** updated IMM5532E attached by one of the officers.

I am afraid if they will take this something wrong or misrepresentation? Sometimes I feel like withdrawing and resubmitting the application again for the mess I did on a date. I am on PR and sometimes start overthinking after reading misrepresentation laws etc.

Your valuable suggestion is highly recommended.

File status: Reached visa office. No work has been done on it.
Thanks.