Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
I applied on 14 march for may 2020 intake
Medical done in February
Biometrics completed on 15 March
India
SDS
Ielts score expiring on 18 August 2020
I deffered my intake from may to September and updated my new offer letter in july

Yesterday on 18 August 2020 I got msg in my cic account to upload ielts certificate

My agent is saying that I have to give ielts exam again

Please help me. Iam very tensed

Ayesha_j

Jan 6, 2020
I applied on 14 march for may 2020 intake
Medical done in February
Biometrics completed on 15 March
India
SDS
Ielts score expiring on 18 August 2020
I deffered my intake from may to September and updated my new offer letter in july

Yesterday on 18 August 2020 I got msg in my cic account to upload ielts certificate

My agent is saying that I have to give ielts exam again

Please help me. Iam very tensed
If you have seen that message in your CIC account to upload IELTS certificate, then you need to give IELTS exam for sure.

Sana 12345

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
If you have seen that message in your CIC account to upload IELTS certificate, then you need to give IELTS exam for sure.
But in the webinar of high commission they said that there is no need to give ielts exam again

Also i have seen many students with expired ielts score are getting AIP nowadays

Ayesha_j

Jan 6, 2020
But in the webinar of high commission they said that there is no need to give ielts exam again

Also i have seen many students with expired ielts score are getting AIP nowadays
well IRCC is so unpredictable. while we are waiting since Feb/march but july/Aug applicants are gettings AIP's then there is no surprise in that some are getting AIP's with expired IELTS certificate and some are not. So as per my knowledge, if they demand some documents then you need to provide for your visa process. Because technically expired IELTS does not count.

Sana 12345

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
one thing you can do, write a new LOE and explain why you cant give ietls now because of pandemic and ask them to evaluate using the old ielts only.
The last date of my ielts is 18 August 2020 and on the same date they sent me the message to re do the ielts

Sana 12345

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
well IRCC is so unpredictable. while we are waiting since Feb/march but july/Aug applicants are gettings AIP's then there is no surprise in that some are getting AIP's with expired IELTS certificate and some are not. So as per my knowledge, if they demand some documents then you need to provide for your visa process. Because technically expired IELTS does not count.
Do you know anyone who also got the request to submit new ielts certificate??

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Does that mean someone has checked your file now?
What was its status before you got this update? Why quit. Wait. No need for new IELTS. Even in the webinar, they said it will not matter if it recently expired. Apply for IELTS for a later date, maybe one month from now and submit that application form with an explanation letter through web form saying I will take it as soon as it is available. It's not like your English skills would have gone away in 2 years, they know this. It's just expired, not revoked. This is just a small hiccup don't worry.

Reactions: Ayesha_j