Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Had my interview today. Got a phone call while I was driving from Toronto to Detroit saying I could come in at any time and didn't have to wait for my specific appointment time.

There were no CBSA officers working in the Enrolment Centre today because of the Canada Day holiday.

My TTP dashboard now reflects that I'm a Canadian citizen, but my Netherlands passport is still listed as the document proving citizenship and allowing entry to the US. Hopefully this updates or I'll have to do a walk-in in Niagara.

Fingers crossed the card comes soon, and shows my citizenship as Canadian.
Did they tell you that a new card will arrive? In my case, cbp officer asked to declare damaged card and pay 25 USD to get a new card, which I did and waiting for the new card to arrive.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Did they tell you that a new card will arrive? In my case, cbp officer asked to declare damaged card and pay 25 USD to get a new card, which I did and waiting for the new card to arrive.
Interesting. There's specifically an option to choose "Citizenship change", but it looks like that'll go through conditional approval/meeting an offer again etc.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
This is my first card. I haven't received it yet so don't know what will be printed on it.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Interesting. There's specifically an option to choose "Citizenship change", but it looks like that'll go through conditional approval/meeting an offer again etc.
I cant even see that in my TTP profile. Only changes to passport information (not change of citizenship) and DL details are available to update.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
This is my first card. I haven't received it yet so don't know what will be printed on it.
Nevermind, this is different

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Same here. It says pending review now. How long before yours got approved?

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Same here. It says pending review now. How long before yours got approved?
Mine never said anything. Always stayed on "Approved" Status. The officer asked me to wait 2 full weeks before requesting a replacement card.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Mine never said anything. Always stayed on "Approved" Status. The officer asked me to wait 2 full weeks before requesting a replacement card.
Mine changed to approved 2 minutes after I commented here, lol.
Have you received your card or not ordered it yet? I ordered the replacement yesterday, as soon as the citizenship showed updated.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Have you received your card or not ordered it yet? I ordered the replacement yesterday, as soon as the citizenship showed updated.
Glad to hear!

I did and now waiting for the card to arrive. I dont need the physical card anyway. All it matters for me is the precheck which can be obtained by entering the pass id during booking/checkin.

Reactions: Immigreat81

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Glad to hear!

I did and now waiting for the card to arrive. I dont need the physical card anyway. All it matters for me is the precheck which can be obtained by entering the pass id during booking/checkin.
So with pre-check what do they do/not do because you entered during check-in?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
So with pre-check what do they do/not do because you entered during check-in?
You enter your known traveller number (KTN) with your booking, and your boarding pass may* print with PreCheck on it. With that boarding pass, you can use a dedicated security lane at the TSA checkpoint and you can keep your shoes, belts and light jacket on, and leave liquids and electronics in your bag when you go through.

You can apply for PreCheck separately, but nexus is the cheapest way to get PreCheck privileges.

*You have to be flying on a participating airline at a participating airport, and you may still be selected for additional scrutiny (SSSS) or (randomly) denied for PreCheck and have to use the regular screening queue and process.

RocketReach

May 31, 2021
I had a similar experience. Backstory - I drove to the Niagara Whirlpool Enrollment center on the US side on Saturday. Super easy and no waiting to cross the bridge. I was literally on the bridge for less than 30 seconds. They did not require an appointment to update my citizenship and passport info on my Nexus profile. The Canadian officer did his update first and then the US officer. However, after I left, I logged into my profile on a whim and realize that my name had been misspelled. I went back and they realized that the US officer had messed up but the one who did the initial update was out so another processed the change. Unfortunately, this US officer was much more vigilant and when she brought back my docs, she said she had disabled my Nexus card and I would need to request a new one online and wait for it to arrive in the mail. I really did not want it deactivated because I wanted it to travel and use the Nexus lane when I returned to Canada. Oh well, it was too late. Scanning the card did let me use the bridge to get back to the Canadian side though,

On Monday night, I processed the replace card request online and selected citizenship change as the reason. I paid the fee and the status of the replacement changed to approved within a few minutes. My Nexus approval status did not change. I did note after the Citizenship update that 1) "Includes TSA PreCheck" showed on my profile and 2) my Canadian passport became my "main" proof of citizenship and had a little flag next to it.

Happy that the citizenship/passport/Nexus update journey is over. Took 1 year and 1 month from start to finish.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
I had a similar experience. Backstory - I drove to the Niagara Whirlpool Enrollment center on the US side on Saturday. Super easy and no waiting to cross the bridge. I was literally on the bridge for less than 30 seconds. They did not require an appointment to update my citizenship and passport info on my Nexus profile. The Canadian officer did his update first and then the US officer. However, after I left, I logged into my profile on a whim and realize that my name had been misspelled. I went back and they realized that the US officer had messed up but the one who did the initial update was out so another processed the change. Unfortunately, this US officer was much more vigilant and when she brought back my docs, she said she had disabled my Nexus card and I would need to request a new one online and wait for it to arrive in the mail. I really did not want it deactivated because I wanted it to travel and use the Nexus lane when I returned to Canada. Oh well, it was too late. Scanning the card did let me use the bridge to get back to the Canadian side though,

On Monday night, I processed the replace card request online and selected citizenship change as the reason. I paid the fee and the status of the replacement changed to approved within a few minutes. My Nexus approval status did not change. I did note after the Citizenship update that 1) "Includes TSA PreCheck" showed on my profile and 2) my Canadian passport became my "main" proof of citizenship and had a little flag next to it.

Happy that the citizenship/passport/Nexus update journey is over. Took 1 year and 1 month from start to finish.
It’s not over until you get the new card, lol. Congrats!