+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UPCOMING CHANGES-OINP, FSW NOC RESTRICTIONS, DISCUSS HERE

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't share where I got this information from, just assume this as my prediction for 2016

I.OINP will get changes this year- Expected in June or earlier OINP will restrict some NOC's (or) they will have a new list of limited NOC's , therefore Ontario PNP's will reduce which will give more applicants to other provinces.

II. EE system is 13months old now and very streamlined, starting sometime in this year EE draws will choose a specific number of applicants from CEC, all of PNP's and limited FSW's-based on NOC's), the portion of candidates in the draw will be more from CEC's and all of PNP's but less portion from FSW's, advantage for FSW's would be CRS points per draw will fall below 450 but candidates may be limited in selection process based on their NOC until they apply for PNP

(NOTE: Provinces will have there own NOC' requirements for PNP applicants which may differ from CIC's FSW NOC list)- for example if CIC has restricted NOC -0111 for FSW, but any Province has NOC -0111 Open, applicant would first need to apply and get PNP and then get ITA.

III. EE will come up with limited NOC's list for FSW candidates as I mentioned in point no. II (or) may apply restrictions to certain NOC's

IV. I don't expect restrictions to CEC, their NOC would be considered bcz they have Canadian Experience which would be the differentiation factor between CEC VS FSW's.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
+1...Sounds logical...but is not a very good news for Outlanders...based on certain media tid-bits that were let out few weeks ago...

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
CanadaWeCome said:
+1...Sounds logical...but is not a very good news for Outlanders...based on certain media tit-bits that were let out few weeks ago...
Could you please expound on "media tit-bits"? Was there any announcement in the media?

And you mean "tidbits", not "tit"-bits ;)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
T365 said:
Could you please expound on "media tit-bits"? Was there any announcement in the media?

And you mean "tidbits", not "tit"-bits ;)
Yes...sorry for the typo. ;)

blogger123

Feb 24, 2016
FMCAD said:
I can't share where I got this information from, just assume this as my prediction for 2016

I.OINP will get changes this year- Expected in June or earlier OINP will restrict some NOC's (or) they will have a new list of limited NOC's , therefore Ontario PNP's will reduce which will give more applicants to other provinces.

II. EE system is 13months old now and very streamlined, starting sometime in this year EE draws will choose a specific number of applicants from CEC, all of PNP's and limited FSW's-based on NOC's), the portion of candidates in the draw will be more from CEC's and all of PNP's but less portion from FSW's, advantage for FSW's would be CRS points per draw will fall below 450 but candidates may be limited in selection process based on their NOC until they apply for PNP

(NOTE: Provinces will have there own NOC' requirements for PNP applicants which may differ from CIC's FSW NOC list)- for example if CIC has restricted NOC -0111 for FSW, but any Province has NOC -0111 Open, applicant would first need to apply and get PNP and then get ITA.

III. EE will come up with limited NOC's list for FSW candidates as I mentioned in point no. II (or) may apply restrictions to certain NOC's

IV. I don't expect restrictions to CEC, their NOC would be considered bcz they have Canadian Experience which would be the differentiation factor between CEC VS FSW's.
Hope they streamline their FSW fallback mechanism - probably this is also the voice of all CEC candidates wrongly chosen by the system under FSW category. A big lesson learnt that saving money in the banks is a bad idea :p

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
blogger123 said:
Hope they streamline their FSW fallback mechanism - probably this is also the voice of all CEC candidates wrongly chosen by the system under FSW category. A big lesson learnt that saving money in the banks is a bad idea :p
What do you exactly mean by FSW fallback mechanism?

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
FMCAD, just reposting in this main thread:

Putting restrictions especially on NOC/occupations makes perfect sense to me because an immigration program is basically a way of supplying demand (occupation, increase population, etc.) that cannot be met by a small population.

All past draws don't consider NOC, purely points-based. I always thought they should consider in-demand occupations therefore restricting NOCs because they should consider the current labor market, whatever jobs are needed by the growing economy.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ Yeah, true, it is what they were doing pre-2015 with FSW/CEC after all, and I believe the plan right from the start at the launch of Express Entry (even when it was initially called Expression of Interest) was to make targeted draws based on qualifications other than the CRS score. As OP pointed out, it probably took a while to implement because they were working out the kinks in the system.

FMCAD said:
, therefore Ontario PNP's will reduce which will give more applicants to other provinces.
Can't say I'm surprised by this at all, I was surprised OINP-EE 2015 got such a huge quota. Seems like they are struggling to bear the brunt of the provincial nominations.

Also +1 to the OP.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I remember reading this

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/news-and-views/news/express-entry-not-working-for-employers-says-chamber-of-commerce-report

note the part
"The Express Entry system is not aligned with business needs"

This is the full report
http://www.chamber.ca/download.aspx?t=0&pid=f6479846-2dba-e511-bb93-005056a00b05

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Posting this up.......

1) We are getting closer for these upcoming changes, IRCC declared there PR quota for 2016 today, which is not looking perfect, FSW's are in a bit of danger in 2016

2) Past week news- IRCC released notice about streamlining the hierarchy issue between CEC's and FSW's...these were the initial changes..wait for major news in coming days...

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Okay, so question- would you happen to know what the NOC restrictions/whitelist/blacklist would be like? What kinds of NOCs are they favoring, which ones are they curtailing, and so on?

valsanail said:
This has been a matter of time, soonest or latest they would make implement something like that. But can this SOMEHOW affect on those who has got AOR already? I am a FSW Outland, Jan AOR, I now got worried....?!
I think that if previous precedence is any indication, then submitted applications should be processed under the rules that were in effect at the time that they were submitted, as opposed to any new rules that may come into effect.

Jan 20, 2016
OMG just finished my EE profile last march 1, i got 346points only :(, Im still hoping and praying to receive a job offer and ITA...

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
T365 said:
FMCAD, just reposting in this main thread:

Putting restrictions especially on NOC/occupations makes perfect sense to me because an immigration program is basically a way of supplying demand (occupation, increase population, etc.) that cannot be met by a small population.

All past draws don't consider NOC, purely points-based. I always thought they should consider in-demand occupations therefore restricting NOCs because they should consider the current labor market, whatever jobs are needed by the growing economy.
I think Canada needs to adopt an australian way for NOC. Each NOC should have its own quota and each invite round would invite certain number of particulars nocs. It can also mean having different CRS score.