+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid time off

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Quote from: jsm0085 on July 30, 2013, 08:45:25 am
It won't do any harm... I wouldn't include all pay stubs though!
What do you think about:

-2012 T4 and NOA
-2013 March pay stub showing the 4 days off unpaid
-2013 August pay stub showing year-to-date earnings
and the 2 line cover letter pointing out the time off?
Sooo? :) Should the documents above be sufficient to show those unpaid day and my
work experience for the last 12 months?

Carleon

Aug 1, 2013
Brantford
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
man, dont get confused. just make sure that your reference letter has min 1 year of experience on it and provide 3-4 pay stubs to them with that. T4 should be provided to along with NOA(dont get caught up in the numbers between wages and taxes deducted etc.) No need to worry about unpaid days of or anything, no one gives a Sh*t unless you have an year of experience on a letterhead. 8)

Carleon

Aug 1, 2013
Brantford
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more thing i forgot to mention. . . .
dont mention any places that you have worked in, which do not qualify for the NOC code under your application(CEC in my case) even though you might have filed tax return for the other places that you worked in.

nevenj

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Carleon said:
One more thing i forgot to mention. . . .
dont mention any places that you have worked in, which do not qualify for the NOC code under your application(CEC in my case) even though you might have filed tax return for the other places that you worked in.
There is a form in CEC application (as is in FSW) in which we have to enumerate what we did for the last 10 years (including our jobs) which is used for background checks. So basically, you are saying him to lie which I find as a very stupid move.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nevenj said:
There is a form in CEC application (as is in FSW) in which we have to enumerate what we did for the last 10 years (including our jobs) which is used for background checks. So basically, you are saying him to lie which I find as a very stupid move.
Smart move, indeed. 8)

Carleon

Aug 1, 2013
Brantford
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevenj said:
Bro, i agree you have to mention everything you did in the last 10 years but when it comes to the jobs that you did, have you noticed the NOC code for each job that they are asking you for?

If your NOC code for all the jobs that you have done does not fall under category 0, A and B then your application will straight away get rejected under that class.

Now tell me what are you doing wrong by not mentioning the jobs that you did under some other NOC code which dont even qualify you for the CEC process?

I want to add to it that i called CIC and specifically asked their agent that should i mention all jobs that I did which dont fall under the correct NOC code for this class. HE SAID "NO", DO NOT!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Carleon said:
Bro, i agree you have to mention everything you did in the last 10 years but when it comes to the jobs that you did, have you noticed the NOC code for each job that they are asking you for?

If your NOC code for all the jobs that you have done does not fall under category 0, A and B then your application will straight away get rejected under that class.

Now tell me what are you doing wrong by not mentioning the jobs that you did under some other NOC code which dont even qualify you for the CEC process?

I want to add to it that i called CIC and specifically asked their agent that should i mention all jobs that I did which dont fall under the correct NOC code for this class. HE SAID "NO", DO NOT!!
Sorry, but that's BS.
Form IMM5669 question 8, personal history.
You have to provide your history for the past 10 years or since the age of 18 in that form.
ALL jobs, whatever you have done.

And for IMM0008 the instruction guide says:

List your occupations within the 3 years preceding the date your application is made starting with your current occupation. List only occupations that fall in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code.
It doesn't say the NOC has to be the same, that wouldn't even make any sense. The jobs you have to list here, have to be skilled tho, so only include skilled NOC 0, A or B jobs in this form.
If I have 1+ year of experience in one of the NOCs I'm eligible. You can also combine NOCs to gain your year.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Carleon said:

LOL, this is just not true. You simply cannot use them to meet CEC requirements.

It's called misrepresentation, and can get you banned from Canada.

This would be true if referring to the form, "Schedule 8 - Economic Classes - Canadian Experience Class." Directions on this form state to only include skilled work experience, it is no mystery. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_8e.pdf

iam_toby on the other hand, was specifically referring to "Schedule A - Background Declaration", where you have to identify ALL work in the past 10 years. (You do not need to identify NOCs). http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf

It really does help to be specific and make sure you're talking about the same thing.

Carleon

Aug 1, 2013
Brantford
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Sorry, but that's BS.
Form IMM5669 question 8, personal history.
You have to provide your history for the past 10 years or since the age of 18 in that form.
ALL jobs, whatever you have done.

And for IMM0008 the instruction guide says:

It doesn't say the NOC has to be the same, that wouldn't even make any sense.
If I have 1+ year of experience in one of the NOCs I'm eligible. You can also combine NOCs to gain your year.
Let me give a slap on your face
Read the instruction guide and see what it says for that particular question :
"Write the details of your work experience in Canada.

List your occupations within the 3 years preceding the date your application is made starting with your current occupation. List only occupations that fall in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code.

For each occupation listed, provide the following details:

the period of employment,
the appropriate NOC code and occupation description,
the name of your employer(s),
a description of your main duties, and
the number of hours you worked per week."

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Yes, list only skilled jobs. That could be ANY job that falls under NOC A, B or 0. Simply leave out jobs that are not skilled.
There's another form, like mentioned in my previous post, that requires ALL jobs tho.

Please read the instruction guide a few times before posting, as it doesn't leave any room for misinterpretations.

Carleon

Aug 1, 2013
Brantford
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess we all were right ;D

Carleon

Aug 1, 2013
Brantford
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jes,
misrepresentation comes to action when you are hiding info where it is asked but not where it is not asked.
if you mention extra info where it is not required, the chances for getting your file back from immigration are very likely.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Carleon said:
Jes,
misrepresentation comes to action when you are hiding info where it is asked but not where it is not asked.
if you mention extra info where it is not required, the chances for getting your file back from immigration are very likely.
It is REQUIRED on the background declaration, it is not extra.