+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid Loan in Dubai!!

samepage

May 18, 2021
Hi All. I came to Canada with my wife n 3 kids from Dubai back in 2019. Due to Pandemic I was laid off and with a hefty personal loan, and ever increasing expenses in Dubai I was not able to survive with no income and moved to Canada.

Also scared of being put behind bars as that is the norm in UAE for any outstandings.

To my surprise - I just received a call on my local Canada cell number from the bank in Dubai asking me about my outstandings. I was surprised that how they got my number!!

I did get a Police Clearance letter 3 months later arriving in Canada in 2019 but it's expired now as it is only valid for 3 months.

I know that with my outstanding the authorities have issued a Police case on me.

Will this affect my PR?

Kindly advise.

samepage

May 18, 2021
Hi,
FYI: I still have an unpaid loan and credit card from Dubai from about 3 years ago.. I applied for the Certificate of Good conduct a few months ago and received it a few weeks ago. So no issues getting it still with unpaid debt.
Got my PR soon after that..
What was the loan amount if you don't mind me asking? Was it more than 100K?

premktm123

Dec 7, 2015
I have the same situation. applied for police clearance three weeks ago. May 06 2021.
I got response that my police clearance has been cancel and to contact crime investigation.
I want to provide details of the incident to cic. Any idea what can i do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All. I came to Canada with my wife n 3 kids from Dubai back in 2019. Due to Pandemic I was laid off and with a hefty personal loan, and ever increasing expenses in Dubai I was not able to survive with no income and moved to Canada.

Also scared of being put behind bars as that is the norm in UAE for any outstandings.

To my surprise - I just received a call on my local Canada cell number from the bank in Dubai asking me about my outstandings. I was surprised that how they got my number!!

I did get a Police Clearance letter 3 months later arriving in Canada in 2019 but it's expired now as it is only valid for 3 months.

I know that with my outstanding the authorities have issued a Police case on me.

Will this affect my PR?

Kindly advise.
Do you already have PR? If so, this won't affect your PR status.

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
I have the same situation. applied for police clearance three weeks ago. May 06 2021.
I got response that my police clearance has been cancel and to contact crime investigation.
I want to provide details of the incident to cic. Any idea what can i do.
My brother is in the same situation like you, did you submit explanation letter to cic?

nikki88

May 30, 2021
Hi,
FYI: I still have an unpaid loan and credit card from Dubai from about 3 years ago.. I applied for the Certificate of Good conduct a few months ago and received it a few weeks ago. So no issues getting it still with unpaid debt.
Got my PR soon after that..

Hi, I had a loan back in 2019 and was not able to get PCC when I applied last May of this year 2021 and I need the PCC for my TWP application to canada

Canada0523

Sep 29, 2021
Hi, I had a loan back in 2019 and was not able to get PCC when I applied last May of this year 2021 and I need the PCC for my TWP application to canada
Hi, were you able to get PCC? I wonder if you are able to and if its going to affect PR application without police certificate.

Canada0523

Sep 29, 2021

Will this affect my PR?

Kindly advise.
Hi, I am interested to know your update please if you got a PCC?

Mingz

Nov 29, 2021

Will this affect my PR?

Kindly advise.
Do you have any update on this?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

Will this affect my PR?

Kindly advise.
Seems you are already a PR now, so what you should think about is - in future will you need police clearance from UAE for your citizenship application? Or PR renewal (if you will need to renew it at some point).

Lastly, regardless - taking a loan and not paying it back is immoral, my advice is - always do the right thing even when no one is watching!