+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid Loan in Dubai!!

Jun 26, 2013
aussie80 said:
Hi,
FYI: I still have an unpaid loan and credit card from Dubai from about 3 years ago.. I applied for the Certificate of Good conduct a few months ago and received it a few weeks ago. So no issues getting it still with unpaid debt.
Got my PR soon after that..
in your certificate does it indicate the unpaid debt?

sundaebev

Jul 4, 2013
aussie80 said:
Hi,
FYI: I still have an unpaid loan and credit card from Dubai from about 3 years ago.. I applied for the Certificate of Good conduct a few months ago and received it a few weeks ago. So no issues getting it still with unpaid debt.
Hi aussie,

When you applied for the Certificate of Good Conduct did they asked you regarding your unpaid loan & credit card? How did you apply, by online or courier?

Thanks

jealous15

Jun 15, 2013
FYI. Someone I know, was being in prison in Dubai due to unpaid loan and credit card then they send him home. But up to now the bank in Dubai or some collectors are chasing him to pay. So, what's the sense of being in prison in Dubai if they will still chase you. NO GOOD! :(

Reactions: Mfroiz

cherrie1017

Feb 4, 2013
Hi aussie, just want to know how did u get u dubai police clearance? Is it online or u asked someone from dubai. I will be applying my pr my aug 2014 and i'm a little bit stress about the police clearance thing. Please find time to rely. Regards, cherrie

aussie80 said:
Hi,

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
yanoka said:
Dear Mini,

Please let me know if you have solved your problem and how?

Thank you.
Please check the poster's profile to see when they were last online as this person hasn't been back to the site since December 2011

Tisoy

Sep 19, 2014
cherrie1017 said:
Hi aussie, just want to know how did u get u dubai police clearance? Is it online or u asked someone from dubai. I will be applying my pr my aug 2014 and i'm a little bit stress about the police clearance thing. Please find time to rely. Regards, cherrie
hi cherrie1017! just want to ask if what type of visa do u have when you went to canada? and did they ask you to provide for dubai police clearance the first time you went to canada? because i'm planning to apply for a tourist visa to canada. i left dubai last 2010. thanks!

singhabhishek251

Jun 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have gone through each and every reply to understand the case completely, but it seems that the lady has not meet everything clear after she was asked some question to understand it better.

NICKYBOY2

Nov 5, 2016
Hi Mini,

I would really appreciate if you can update what is your current situation related to the matter you have mentioned. I need to know as my brother going through a very similar situation related to his UAE debts.

Were you able to get your PR without any issue even having bad debts in U.A.E.

Thanks

Dhey1316

Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 30 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 08 2016
Med's Request
Upfront/remed 05.15.2016
Med's Done....
May 17 2016
Interview........
No as per GCMS notes
Passport Req..
25-01-17
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-17
LANDED..........
08-02-17
I have a very similar situation. I left Abu dhabi with unpaid load and credit cards, thinking that i will never need to go back or deal with UAE thing. I was wrong :D I marry my wife working in Canada with PR status and she is sponsoring me to Canada. The problem is I need to get a police clearance in Abu Dhabi because I reside in that country for 8 yrs, i was super worried at the time. having said that I still apply for police clearance in Abu dhabi with the help of my friend who was still working in Abu dhabi, and to my surprised I received my Abu dhabi police clearance with NO CRIMINAL ANTECEDENTS RECORD:p. Unpaid loan and credit card is consider in UAE law as a criminal case.

I left UAE 2010
I apply my police clearance last June 2016 and received it after few weeks. ;D

Reactions: ferdie883

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
People need to understand the law.

You get jailed because of bounced cheque & NOT because of unpaid Debts. Jail terms is roughly AED 5,000 per day of the bounced cheque amount. Once jailed terms is being served , Bank get the money from the insurance company. If bank does not get money from insurance, then they still follow as unpaid amount becomes Civil case.

Many times Banks do not files police case. In that case you may get the clearance letter. Most ideal way to get clearance letter is to download police app and apply from there. You will get Police certificate in email . Don't go to website. Its super clumsy.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
canada11 said:
People need to understand the law.

You get jailed because of bounced cheque & NOT because of unpaid Debts. Jail terms is roughly AED 5,000 per day of the bounced cheque amount. Once jailed terms is being served , Bank get the money from the insurance company. If bank does not get money from insurance, then they still follow as unpaid amount becomes Civil case.
While this is true, all banks take a cheque as security when extending you a loan (even credit cards). So, if you don't pay the debt, they attempt to cash the cheque and when it bounces, they have the grounds to file a criminal case against you.

There is absolutely no rule that says that banks only file criminal cases if they can't get money from insurance. Banks don't insure their loans, and even if they could, most in the Middle East avoid writing off loans becuase of the impact that such action would have on their earnings.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
All personal loans are insured. Can not say about Credit Card debts.

The main purpose of putting behind the bar is to get money from insurance. On the basis of this we can conclude that if your debt is not insured, lender will not be interested to put you behind the bar as its not a surety that they will get money back. You can negotiate them & 99% of the time they settle with principal amount.

torontosm said:
While this is true, all banks take a cheque as security when extending you a loan (even credit cards). So, if you don't pay the debt, they attempt to cash the cheque and when it bounces, they have the grounds to file a criminal case against you.

There is absolutely no rule that says that banks only file criminal cases if they can't get money from insurance. Banks don't insure their loans, and even if they could, most in the Middle East avoid writing off loans becuase of the impact that such action would have on their earnings.