+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid Loan in Dubai!!

marfucho

Jan 18, 2023
Prague
I left dubai many many years ago with an unpaid debt (because the bank screwed me up. I was paying a personal loan for years when the bank contacted me to refinance with much lower interest rate and lower monthly payments.. I accepted and I met with the bank representative at my house, everything was written in Arabic, a language I don't understand, and she asked me to sign the contract plus the blank check as well. I was super happy .. My montly payments would be much lower....)

It was a scam made by the sales rep.

To my horrible surprise the bank simply ignored all the payments that I already made thru all the years so my new balance was THE SAME as the ORIGINAL ONE. cancelling all the payments that I had already done! Plus, a few months later I was about to lose my job.

This story is bizarre but true! Lot's of bizarre things happen in dubai!!

So I left the country without cancelling the visa.

Anyway, many years later I got the citizenship of a European country and to finalize the process I had to send the letter from the dubai police which obviously they didn't give me.
I have applied but it says CANCELLED..

I was calm because in the citizenship process it says that if the applicant has a criminal record in other countries, this fact has to be a crime in the country of citizenship as well, so owing money is not a crime!! I knew that but all the hassle to deal with dubai police was just so stressful...

I sent the cancellation letter I received from Dubai Police with an explaining letter to the immigration officer and they DID NOT accept it, asking me to give more evidence I tried to get the police letter..

After a very strong emotional stress I sent all the emails and receipt I exchanged with the dubai police to the sector responsible for citizenship and they accepted BUT they said that I had to send a letter of honor with 2 witness signed in a public notary saying that I have no criminal case in dubai.. does not matter anymore if it's a crime in my new country or not.. (in contradiction with their own rules)

In short, all contradictory information. Because on their website they say the overseas crime has to be a crime in the country of application as well... but in person they say the opposite, "no.. you cannot have any crime overseas." They did not even know what they were doing.. Or maybe was just the immigration officer who was a little lost.

Anyway. Prove to the immigration officer that you tryed to apply for the police certificate showing all the receips and email with the reference number and the cancelled letter and if requested get ready to do a honor letter.

Reactions: Kiikii

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
I left dubai many many years ago with an unpaid debt (because the bank screwed me up. I was paying a personal loan for years when the bank contacted me to refinance with much lower interest rate and lower monthly payments.. I accepted and I met with the bank representative at my house, everything was written in Arabic, a language I don't understand, and she asked me to sign the contract plus the blank check as well. I was super happy .. My montly payments would be much lower....)

It was a scam made by the sales rep.

To my horrible surprise the bank simply ignored all the payments that I already made thru all the years so my new balance was THE SAME as the ORIGINAL ONE. cancelling all the payments that I had already done! Plus, a few months later I was about to lose my job.

This story is bizarre but true! Lot's of bizarre things happen in dubai!!

So I left the country without cancelling the visa.

Anyway, many years later I got the citizenship of a European country and to finalize the process I had to send the letter from the dubai police which obviously they didn't give me.
I have applied but it says CANCELLED..

I was calm because in the citizenship process it says that if the applicant has a criminal record in other countries, this fact has to be a crime in the country of citizenship as well, so owing money is not a crime!! I knew that but all the hassle to deal with dubai police was just so stressful...

I sent the cancellation letter I received from Dubai Police with an explaining letter to the immigration officer and they DID NOT accept it, asking me to give more evidence I tried to get the police letter..

After a very strong emotional stress I sent all the emails and receipt I exchanged with the dubai police to the sector responsible for citizenship and they accepted BUT they said that I had to send a letter of honor with 2 witness signed in a public notary saying that I have no criminal case in dubai.. does not matter anymore if it's a crime in my new country or not.. (in contradiction with their own rules)

In short, all contradictory information. Because on their website they say the overseas crime has to be a crime in the country of application as well... but in person they say the opposite, "no.. you cannot have any crime overseas." They did not even know what they were doing.. Or maybe was just the immigration officer who was a little lost.

Anyway. Prove to the immigration officer that you tryed to apply for the police certificate showing all the receips and email with the reference number and the cancelled letter and if requested get ready to do a honor letter.
I beleive you i lived in Dubai 27 years good riddance!