university selection help

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
Please explain in detail "Drawback considering my requirements "

Are you sure the there are no other univ offering IT/CS related courses within my Budget and where I can get admission even with the Background in Electronics and Work Exp in IT ???
There are several universities. But as you had budget constraints so I narrowed down to these. the drawbacks are several. I would just give you an example. Concordia is expensive and in Montreal which is a developed city. As its not developing at a respectable rate there is a lack of jobs there. So you must hit cities that are developing and got oppertunities and jobs for us. Cities like Regina. UBC is very expensive. UBC has the same problem like Concordia unless you go to Okanagan. And I currently dont knw if your required field is available in Okanagan. Besides God-forbid but who knws what kind of situation you face there. As for Waterloo, yeah I should have added it to the list. Dont knw why it didnt come to my mind.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@UArshad

What about my background in different field in Electronics...

I am having Work Ex in IT domain for 2+year and I am relying on this only as B.Tech was in Electronics so do u think it might create Problem in getting the admission for Course based Masters i.e.M.Engg ( As I am not interested in Research based M.Sc or M.Asc) in CS/IT related stream.

Also, Please provide your remarks (either in few words or detailed ) point wise for the following enlisted Univ to the best of your Knowledge -

All these have Courses, I shortlisted, as per my requirement and I want to narrow down them further on the basis of Program Structure/modules , Living Conditions there and Cost Factor involved based on yours and other Experts suggestion. You can put your Remarks like Not good IT Job Prospects, Expensive etc

univ of Ottawa -->
Simon Fraser -->
Royal Roads - MGM Program -->
Univ of Calgary -->
Queens Univ -->
Univ of NewBrunswick -->
Carleton Univ -->
Univ of Windsor -->
Ryerson Univ -->
Univ of Victoria -->
Laurentian Univ -->
Memorial University of Newfoundland -->
Lakehead Univ -->
Memorial Univ -->
University of Prince Edward Island -->
St. Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia -->
Acadia University, NS -->
Universite de Montreal -->
Universite de Laval -->
Universite de Sherbrooke -->

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
@ UArshad

I am having Work Ex in IT domain for 2+year and I am relying on this only as B.Tech was in Electronics so do u think it might create Problem in getting the admission for Course based Masters i.e.M.Engg ( As I am not interested in Research based M.Sc or M.Asc) in CS/IT related stream.

Also, Please provide your remarks (either in few words or detailed ) point wise for the following enlisted Univ to the best of your Knowledge -

All these have Courses, I shortlisted, as per my requirement and I want to narrow down them further on the basis of Program Structure/modules , Living Conditions there and Cost Factor involved based on yours and other Experts suggestion. You can put your Remarks like Not good IT Job Prospects, Expensive etc

univ of Ottawa -->
Simon Fraser -->
Royal Roads - MGM Program -->
Univ of Calgary -->
Queens Univ -->
Univ of NewBrunswick -->
Carleton Univ -->
Univ of Windsor -->
Ryerson Univ -->
Univ of Victoria -->
Laurentian Univ -->
Memorial University of Newfoundland -->
Lakehead Univ -->
Memorial Univ -->
University of Prince Edward Island -->
St. Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia -->
Acadia University, NS -->
Universite de Montreal -->
Universite de Laval -->
Universite de Sherbrooke -->
My apologies for a very late reply...

Alright in this list I have spotted most of the universities not worth attending.

University like those in newfoundland. And the french universities. Kick them out of this list.

mayank_6 said:
@ UArshad

I dont think that should be a problem.

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From your list, only these universities are worth applying:

univ of Ottawa
Simon Fraser
Univ of Calgary
Queens Univ
Univ of Victoria

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Hi,

Can anyone suggest which universities i should apply for?
Below is my profile

10th 69%
12th 65%
Engg(information Technology) 72%

overall 4 year of exp in Top MNC's in india (tech mahindra/tcs and Infosys) as a Tester for telecom domain.

Ielts score 7.0

I dont have a GRE score and I am not willing to go for that.

Would be of great help if you can suggest some universities and answer below queries too:-

a) Do York university needs GRE score?
b) Is Ryerson university a good option if i want to stay in Toronto.

Many Thanks in advance

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sushilsrk said:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest which universities i should apply for?
Below is my profile

10th 69%
12th 65%
Engg(information Technology) 72%

overall 4 year of exp in Top MNC's in india (tech mahindra/tcs and Infosys) as a Tester for telecom domain.

Ielts score 7.0

I dont have a GRE score and I am not willing to go for that.

Would be of great help if you can suggest some universities and answer below queries too:-

a) Do York university needs GRE score?
b) Is Ryerson university a good option if i want to stay in Toronto.

Many Thanks in advance
ur profile looks good ...ryerson is a good mid level university
u could take a chance and apply york university even though GRE is recommended its not mandatory.
apply for 4-5 universities choosing between low ranking to top ranking just to be safe

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
@mead
Thanks

but universities in canada need original marksheets and degree. i have 1 copy of each . i am not sure how i can get apply for 3-4 university in 1 go.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
sushilsrk said:
@ mead
Thanks
but universities in canada need original marksheets and degree. i have 1 copy of each . i am not sure how i can get apply for 3-4 university in 1 go.
you don't have to send original copies.
you have to send the photocopies attested by the exam controller sealed in university envelope.

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Risat,

Sorry to say but in india these people take the hell out of you for these stupid work :(
dont know how i will get this things done..

Will college seal will help

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sushilsrk said:
Risat,

Sorry to say but in india these people take the hell out of you for these stupid work :(
dont know how i will get this things done..

Will college seal will help
if ur from a reputed universities in india they have this provision to give u transcripts. there is a procedure and it takes some time but u have to do it. hard work required no way out of it

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sushilsrk said:
I am from rajasthan university and after my batch the ENGG department was transferred to RTU
well u have to go to the university and ask them for transcripts.....dont send ur originals to canadian universities they wont give them back to u . always send transcripts.

Aasim.ahmad

Oct 4, 2012
uarshad said:
Pal dont give up on great unis. And I have just gone through admission process this year and had acceptance on scholarships in 11/11 unis in Hong Kong, America and Canada. There are big names in the list like McGill, Torronto, Alberta, waterloo, HKU, HKUST, NYU, Illinois etc. If I tell you that it aint that tough I mean it. Trust me.

what was your profile bro?

Aasim.ahmad

Oct 4, 2012
uarshad said:
Yeah I would mind :D . Look man my profile ain't super. The universities tell us they have competitive admissions because it is a matter of pride for them. If you want to get into a university you just have to make sure that your profile catches attention. With grades like yours you need a great personal statement that stands out. That is unique and displays your uniqueness. The universities are after unique talents of the students. That definitely ain't hard to display because we all are unique by birth.

Monsier how much are you ready to spend per year. Then I can tell you the universities to choose.
Uarshad my profile

Scored 74 percent in engg. not given ielts yet but confident to score 7.5,8.. gave GAT similar to GRE scord 86 percentile.. what unis should I apply for?