+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

university selection help

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riasat.abir said:
I mailed to a professor @ Saskatchewan earlier, she said she will look after only if I get admission. Then I mailed to the grad section with my profile, he suggested not to apply because the competition is very tough there.
So it's not that easy anymore.
I am targeting some mid ranked universities now.
Can you suggest some?
Pal dont give up on great unis. And I have just gone through admission process this year and had acceptance on scholarships in 11/11 unis in Hong Kong, America and Canada. There are big names in the list like McGill, Torronto, Alberta, waterloo, HKU, HKUST, NYU, Illinois etc. If I tell you that it aint that tough I mean it. Trust me.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
mayank_6 said:
Please let me know the chances based on my profile in Univ :

10th -86%
12th - 82%
B.Tech - 74% electronics
IT Work ex - 2 years in SAP QA
IELTS - yet to give
Want to pursue MAsters or 2 year PG in IT/CS

I am concerned dat whether univ wil acept My application as there should be relevant background to pursue even course based Masters in CS/IT... i.e. ideally graduation should be in IT related stream bt lets see as I have work ex as well... Could u please confirm ?

Momi and Harsh - You guys have already replied that I have to contact individual Univ dept so is there any format of mail which you think will be easy for them to assess and give tentative idea , i mean what should i exactly mention in my mail to them - profile info and B.Tech- Electronics Subjects releated to Computers along with Marks ????
Could u please help me shortlisting some Low Budget but good n reputed Universities based on my profile ?? I will be dropping a mail to inidiv Univ dept also to assess my Profile and provide some tentative idea whether i could apply or not ( As my B.Tech was in Electronics )

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
uarshad said:
Pal dont give up on great unis. And I have just gone through admission process this year and had acceptance on scholarships in 11/11 unis in Hong Kong, America and Canada. There are big names in the list like McGill, Torronto, Alberta, waterloo, HKU, HKUST, NYU, Illinois etc. If I tell you that it aint that tough I mean it. Trust me.
Would you mind sharing your profile?

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riasat.abir said:
Would you mind sharing your profile?
Yeah I would mind :D . Look man my profile ain't super. The universities tell us they have competitive admissions because it is a matter of pride for them. If you want to get into a university you just have to make sure that your profile catches attention. With grades like yours you need a great personal statement that stands out. That is unique and displays your uniqueness. The universities are after unique talents of the students. That definitely ain't hard to display because we all are unique by birth.

mayank_6 said:
Could u please help me shortlisting some Low Budget but good n reputed Universities based on my profile ?? I will be dropping a mail to inidiv Univ dept also to assess my Profile and provide some tentative idea whether i could apply or not ( As my B.Tech was in Electronics )
Monsier how much are you ready to spend per year. Then I can tell you the universities to choose.

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
riasat.abir said:
Of course academic percentage is a BIG criteria in Canada, another is publication.
University of Calgary requires IELTS 7.0 for CS department.

My CGPA is 3.43 (Final two year 3.60), Computer Science, BUET.
I am worrying where do I suit :(
My favorite subjects are: Software Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, Networking and Artificial Intelligence.
Hey you can hit top institues in Canada. Try Alberta, Ottawa Waterloo Toronto

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
mayank_6 said:
Please let me know the chances based on my profile in Univ :

10th -86%
12th - 82%
B.Tech - 74% electronics
IT Work ex - 2 years in SAP QA
IELTS - yet to give
Want to pursue MAsters or 2 year PG in IT/CS

I am concerned dat whether univ wil acept My application as there should be relevant background to pursue even course based Masters in CS/IT... i.e. ideally graduation should be in IT related stream bt lets see as I have work ex as well... Could u please confirm ?

Momi and Harsh - You guys have already replied that I have to contact individual Univ dept so is there any format of mail which you think will be easy for them to assess and give tentative idea , i mean what should i exactly mention in my mail to them - profile info and B.Tech- Electronics Subjects releated to Computers along with Marks ????
First dont go for PG even if its two years.
target Masters program at universities.
you will be accepted try following universities.
Calgary, Regina, Sfu, Concordia and windsor.

Remember in Canada every university is very prestigious and well equipped. they are ranked due to there research intensive courses. otherwise you will have high standard of education in almost every Public funded university.

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
riasat.abir said:
I mailed to a professor @ Saskatchewan earlier, she said she will look after only if I get admission. Then I mailed to the grad section with my profile, he suggested not to apply because the competition is very tough there.
So it's not that easy anymore.
I am targeting some mid ranked universities now.
Can you suggest some?
Getting admission in U o Sask and U o Regina is bit tough due to some reasons.

1. they have very low fees as compared to other Canadian universities
2. sask province has a Hugh amount of jobs and very friendly PR rules.
3. there are only two University in Sask province having world class research facilities and have excellent ratio of teacher to student 1/16

People from inside and outside of Canada apply to these institutes. universities had to maintain a limit of accepting students. simple they cant accept any one. so dont go to their ranking they are low in ranking due to less research activities (as any uni is ranked on the behalf of its research done), but they are very competitive in granting admission.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
ArslanZahid said:
Getting admission in U o Sask and U o Regina is bit tough due to some reasons.

1. they have very low fees as compared to other Canadian universities
2. sask province has a Hugh amount of jobs and very friendly PR rules.
3. there are only two University in Sask province having world class research facilities and have excellent ratio of teacher to student 1/16

People from inside and outside of Canada apply to these institutes. universities had to maintain a limit of accepting students. simple they cant accept any one. so dont go to their ranking they are low in ranking due to less research activities (as any uni is ranked on the behalf of its research done), but they are very competitive in granting admission.
Which ones would you suggest for me (my profile is given in a previous post)?

1. Queens
2. Manitoba
3. Western Ontario
4. British Colombia
5. Concordia
6. McMaster
7. Victoria
8. Memorial
9. Simon Fraser

These universities have my desired research groups and I think would be appropriate.
But I will apply 4-5 universities at most, so which ones do u suggest?

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@UARSHAD

The Bank can grant only max 20 lac loan and in reality it is only 85% after keeping the margin

I dont have that much liquid money so i am relying only on this amount.

And yes, I am also believing that 2nd year Living Cost I would spend with the money earned while doing Part time jobs on/off campus.

Now , You can suggest some Univ , I have mentioned my profile also

maninder89

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/11/12
IELTS Request
7.5 BANDS
Med's Done....
9 november 2012
VISA ISSUED...
4/12/12
my profile
10- 84%
12- 77%
Btech( computer science)- 73%
IELTS - 7 bands
No research , no publication no work exp
I've applied for masters in 6 universities namely uoit, macmaster, queens, guelph, uwo and regina
got rejection from uoit in just 15 days . dunno y so early . For rest 5 decisions r pending. My only hope is from regina or macmaster as in these 2 i've applied in Meng and in rest for MS and i've not found ny supervisor yet. now my question is that if i dont get in ny of the universities should i go for a graduate certificate program on completion of which i should again try for masters . im very worried pls help.

maninder89

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/11/12
IELTS Request
7.5 BANDS
Med's Done....
9 november 2012
VISA ISSUED...
4/12/12
MS - research based
Meng- course based

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
uarshad said:
brother share your profile.

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
riasat.abir said:
Which ones would you suggest for me (my profile is given in a previous post)?

1. Queens
2. Manitoba
3. Western Ontario
4. British Colombia
5. Concordia
6. McMaster
7. Victoria
8. Memorial
9. Simon Fraser

These universities have my desired research groups and I think would be appropriate.
But I will apply 4-5 universities at most, so which ones do u suggest?
1,3,4,5&6 are good among these