Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
mayank_6 said:
Diff between MS and M.Engg . ????
MS and MASc purely focuses on research and for MEng, you have to do projects...

Its difficult to get into MAsc you must have to convince a supervisor who must have agreed to hire you as potential graduate student, otherwise chances are very slim.

maninder89

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/11/12
IELTS Request
7.5 BANDS
Med's Done....
9 november 2012
VISA ISSUED...
4/12/12
@ mayank
u have good chances of getting addmission. try to score 7-7.5 in ielts. apply for Meng as the competition is less in mengg cz no funding option is available in mengg

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
@ UARSHAD

The Bank can grant only max 20 lac loan and in reality it is only 85% after keeping the margin

I dont have that much liquid money so i am relying only on this amount.

And yes, I am also believing that 2nd year Living Cost I would spend with the money earned while doing Part time jobs on/off campus.

Now , You can suggest some Univ , I have mentioned my profile also
I am doing research for you and shortlisting universities according to your needs.

ArslanZahid said:
brother share your profile.
First and the foremost I am not a Post-graduate. But I got 5 cousins who are in America and Canada who are post-graduates and most of my knowledge about universities come from there experience. My uncle is also a consultant.

My profile:

Going to University of Alberta this fall for undergraduate engineering with $20,000 of scholarship
O-levels: 8 A*s and 1 B (1 national distinction in ICT)
A-levels: 1 A* 2As and a B (just received my result 2 days ago.)
SAT: 2130
Extra-curricular(very important for admission consideration and scholarships):

1. Represented Pakistan in NASA in 2009 and won gold medal.
2. Selected among top 20 students of Chemistry by HEC Pakistan.
3. Beat former national fencing champion in Punjab tournament. Was runner up.
4. Selected by NYU to take part in network security competition held in America last november.

But my personal statement was the best part. My cousins tell me that it is the only thing that can get you admission in competitive universities.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
uarshad said:
I am doing research for you and shortlisting universities according to your needs.

First and the foremost I am not a Post-graduate. But I got 5 cousins who are in America and Canada who are post-graduates and most of my knowledge about universities come from there experience. My uncle is also a consultant.

My profile:

Going to University of Alberta this fall for undergraduate engineering with $20,000 of scholarship

4. Selected by NYU to take part in network security competition held in America last november.

But my personal statement was the best part. My cousins tell me that it is the only thing that can get you admission in competitive universities.
Wow man! i envy you :)

H_C_K

Aug 14, 2012
Hai Everyone!! Your all doing great job by helping each other. Here,Iam posting my profile I hope your suggestions help me

Tenth 90%
Inter 87%
Undergraduation( Physiotherapy)-GPA 3.6 according to WES by USA,70%
IELTS 6.5 withnot less that 6 band in all modules
EXperience-since 1year working as a physiotherapist consultant

I would like to apply for this January 2013 intake.Please suggest me some universities for which Iam looking into Human kinetics/kinesiology programs relevant to my graduation.At present Im preparing my documents to apply at memorial university.

Thank you so much

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
My profile:

[/quote]

Congrats. you are right personal statement, extra curricular co curricular plays an important part. but look at you . you have got an super duper profile excellent marks in SAT did A levels with rather very handsome marks O levels was immensely wonderful. as you received A levels 2 days ago you must have secured your grant on the basis of O levels which is a mind blowing result.
other plus parts are your representation at NASA and security competition held in NYU.

I dont know why you selected UAlberta at undergraduate level you can hit American universities with handsome scholarship.

Now coming back to your point that securing funding is not a big deal. Bro you went to an english medium school where you had all these opportunities. an Fsc student cant think about these representations and security competitions. secondly you have got very good academic background which every student cant achieve or at least here at this forum 99% of students dont have such excellent record. so thats why you are saying its not difficult to secure funding.
Its not that easy to receive money. your academics is the most important part to play then SOP extracurricular plays their part but with good excellent record you cant break in.

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
H_C_K said:
Hai Everyone!! Your all doing great job by helping each other. Here,Iam posting my profile I hope your suggestions help me

Tenth 90%
Inter 87%

I would like to apply for this January 2013 intake.Please suggest me some universities for which Iam looking into Human kinetics/kinesiology programs relevant to my graduation.At present Im preparing my documents to apply at memorial university.

Thank you so much
U Alberta, UBC, Mcgill
All three are great institutes I hope you will find your desired program in following and also you can secure admission as well . good luck.
for safe Side apply to Dalhousie.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
ArslanZahid said:
U Alberta, UBC, Mcgill
All three are great institutes I hope you will ind your desired program in following and also you can secure admission as well . good luck.
for safe Side apply to Dalhousie.
Don't forget uofT and waterloo.....extremely good univ......probably one of the best alonside mcgill, alberta and ubc

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
hasankhan27 said:
Don't forget uofT and waterloo.....extremely good univ......probably one of the best alonside mcgill, alberta and ubc
yeah they are also plenty of more like york mcmaster ottawa

but I suggested him schools having very good repo of their medical schools Alberta Mcgill has awsome acheivments in medical I hope he will find something about physiotherapy. Waterloo is best when we see it as engineering school. UoT is very good no doubt.

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
@ UARSHAD

The Bank can grant only max 20 lac loan and in reality it is only 85% after keeping the margin

I dont have that much liquid money so i am relying only on this amount.

And yes, I am also believing that 2nd year Living Cost I would spend with the money earned while doing Part time jobs on/off campus.

Now , You can suggest some Univ , I have mentioned my profile also
I have shortlisted 4 universities that have good reputation, are cheap and offer CS/IT. They are:
1. University of Saskatchewan (admission tough here)
2. University of Regina (admission a bit tough though)
3. York university
4. University of Manitoba

In Saskatchewan and Regina, admission is very tough because there is a big competition and very limited seats. So I would recommend that you apply for Fall next year and do so as soon as the admissions are open. You need to be very quick. Then there are very high chances of admission.

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
H_C_K said:

Tenth 90%
Inter 87%

Thank you so much
McGill best for studies in medical. Go for it. You can make it there.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
uarshad said:
I have shortlisted 4 universities that have good reputation, are cheap and offer CS/IT. They are:
1. University of Saskatchewan (admission tough here)
2. University of Regina (admission a bit tough though)
3. York university
4. University of Manitoba

In Saskatchewan and Regina, admission is very tough because there is a big competition and very limited seats. So I would recommend that you apply for Fall next year and do so as soon as the admissions are open. You need to be very quick. Then there are very high chances of admission.
Thanks @UARSHAD !!!

Could you please tell me by which month max. , I should have all the Docs ready with me for Sep'13 intake

Why u shortlisted for only these..I mean just 4 ...What about others like Concordia,Windsor,UBC, Waterloo, NewBrunswik etc

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
Thanks @ UARSHAD !!!

Could you please tell me by which month max. , I should have all the Docs ready with me for Sep'13 intake

Why u shortlisted for only these..I mean just 4 ...What about others like Concordia,Windsor,UBC, Waterloo, NewBrunswik etc
I know man that considering your profile these are nothing. You deserve way better unis like the ones you mentioned earlier. But these will keep your debt lowest. I mean you are going to an alien country, God forbid things may not go as you have planned. So I was thinking on keeping your expenses and debt lowest while giving you some great university experience. the university in the quote are pretty expensive. YOu may run out of your debt limit in just a little period of time. And they have a lot of draw-backs considering your requirements.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Please explain in detail "Drawback considering my requirements "

Are you sure the there are no other univ offering IT/CS related courses within my Budget and where I can get admission even with the Background in Electronics and Work Exp in IT ???

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
ArslanZahid said:
yeah they are also plenty of more like york mcmaster ottawa

but I suggested him schools having very good repo of their medical schools Alberta Mcgill has awsome acheivments in medical I hope he will find something about physiotherapy. Waterloo is best when we see it as engineering school. UoT is very good no doubt.
oh...i didnt notice he was a med student....