+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Victoria

Msgarcha

Feb 17, 2016
Hi @Chrbrow,

I got provisional acceptance for MAsc Electrical and Computer Engg. What should be the next steps.?
I have not sent hard copies of degree and transcripts yet, will do it coming weekend.Also, How will i come to know that they have received.Will the status change to Accepted automatically?

Last question is when i applied to MASc there was no option for MEng Sept 2017 intake though i was interested for that.But i got Professor approval for MAsc so i applied for it.But now the Meng applications started for 2017 Sept and i wish to get into that.Shall i apply again or i will be able to switch the program easily?.If i can switch, whats are the steps involved.

Reactions: derrell

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msgarcha said:
Hi @Chrbrow,

I got provisional acceptance for MAsc Electrical and Computer Engg. What should be the next steps.?
I have not sent hard copies of degree and transcripts yet, will do it coming weekend.Also, How will i come to know that they have received.Will the status change to Accepted automatically?

Last question is when i applied to MASc there was no option for MEng Sept 2017 intake though i was interested for that.But i got Professor approval for MAsc so i applied for it.But now the Meng applications started for 2017 Sept and i wish to get into that.Shall i apply again or i will be able to switch the program easily?.If i can switch, whats are the steps involved.
The documents required to start the evaluation of your application must be uploaded at the time of application. These include unofficial transcripts from all institutions you have attended (including UVic), a copy of your CV/Resume, and any other individual program requirements.

After completing the online application, you can check My UVic application to see if any additional documents are required. Most required documents can be uploaded through the application portal. If you have difficulty uploading documents, contact the UVic Computer Help Desk at helpdesk@uvic.ca. Do not send your documents by email unless you are specifically asked to do so.

If you are made an offer of admission, final official transcripts as listed in your admission letter must be delivered or sent by mail or courier to the Graduate Admissions and Records Office. See the contact page for mailing and courier addresses. See the transcripts section below for definitions of official transcripts versus unofficial transcripts.

If you are applying to more than one graduate program, you'll need to complete a separate online application and submit a new set of unofficial documents, assessments and application fee for each.

Kumar_08

Mar 14, 2015
Hi @Chrbrow,

Good Day!!!

i was going through UVIC website and had below questions:

what is the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering- Meng course duration? 2 years or less?

what exactly can Computer science students can expect in this program if they want to apply - Meng Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering

I understand this program - Meng is to enhance knowledge beyond undergraduate level , but what subjects of electrical will be included ?

what is the difference between Computer Science (MSc) industrial option and master's of engineering (MEng)in-Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering as this also have project in the course?

Please help me to understand

Regards,
K

unnaturaltm

Dec 25, 2016
unnaturaltm said:
Hey C,

Hope you had a Merry Christmas! I have no gifts, just a bunch of questions for you! Hehe, sorry.

I got an email from the ECE Department that I've been recommended for grad studies (MEng - EE, Summer 2017), and in all likelihood I will be accepting the offer once the Grad Admissions department reviews my file. From what I've read on the internet, the engineering professors are made out to be like scrooge when it comes to studies.. Is this true? What is the industrial co-op like?

What sports are popular there? Any sign of equestrian sports?

Will I have time to travel as a grad student? Is it favourable to hitchhike in BC?

Thanks a ton!

Cheers,
SD

I wonder why I didn't get a reply :(

I am admitted and about to start visa procedures.. As a grad student should I apply for residence or take up rent outside the university? Is it easy to commute?

NavnoorsC

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Msgarcha said:
Hi @Chrbrow,

hey i am not able to pm u as your mailbox is full.I got admit from Meng ECE industrial option.

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
Hello @Chrbrow,

I applied for the Master of Engineering in Telecommunications & Information Security (MTIS) program at UVic and I have a question about it, the MTIS program is a 12 months course base program with a co-op option with the permission of my supervisor and if manage to get into a co-op, my question is what are my chances of getting a co-op program, I know Victoria is a small city and I do not know what are my chances of getting it

Another question, my status says "Under Review by Department" for over two weeks, when I will get a response?

Parth3424

Apr 17, 2017
chrbrow said:
Hello,

I am a local resident of Victoria and past student at the University. Ask me about Uvic!

C
Hello there,

I have applied in uvic for September intake 2017 in MEng Telecommunications and Information Security (MTIS).
The application was started in October 2016.
Yet there isn't any reply regarding the decision from the university.

I have made a follow up request for the decision and they replied that the evaluation of application has been started from February.

The application status is 'under review by department'.
My profile is:
Academic :8.37 CGPA
IELTS : 6.5
Completed Bachelors in Computer Engineering.

Can I know when my decision will be made or should I know how long it would take to process my application?

Look forward to hearing from you.

godislove1234

Apr 29, 2017
HAVE CLEARED B.TECH WITH 56 % , also with 13 backlogs . And i want to apply to CANADIAN UNIVERSITY FOR A MANAGEMENT COURSE.

10th : 88 %
12th : 84 %
B.Tech : 56 % with 13 backlogs

MY PROFILE :

Certification courses:

1. Digital Marketing ( 6 month course ) - Certified by Internet & Mobile Association of India
2. Accounting for Decision Making from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
3. Operations Management from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
4. Marketing Management from IIM Bangalore (online) - in Edx forum
5. Visualizing Data in Excel from Microsoft (online ) - in Edx forum
6. Finance for everyone Specialization ( Consists of 6 courses ) from McMaster University, Canada ( online ) - in Coursera

Extra Curricular Activities :

1. State Project head for an NGO Project.
2. Started out a online business during my Engineering ( for which I can get a certificate from my college as a project)

IELTS - I am confident that I can score 7 ,7.5

Will I get a VISA approval for Non-SPP?? Kindly help me out!

derrell

May 22, 2017
Forgot to answer you initial question:

This the Percent to Letter Grade Chart you should go by for Canadian Universities:

A+ 90.00 - 100.00
A 85.00 - 89.99
A- 80.00 - 84.99
B+ 76.00 - 79.99
B 72.00 - 75.99
B- 68.00 - 71.99
C+ 64.00 - 67.99
C 60.00 - 63.99
C- 55.00 - 59.99
D 50.00 - 54.99
I 0.00 - 49.99
F 0.00 - 49.99

You still don't make the cut for a "B"
This is different for international student i guess coz I have 70% 7.75 CGPA distinction in Mumbai university India

derrell

May 22, 2017
Hello,
I am Derrell D'Souza from India. I have applied to University of Alberta and University of Victoria for Masters thesis in ECE for the upcoming fall intake. I had completed my B.E electronics and telecommunication from University of Mumbai India in year 2016 with 7.75 CGPA/10 (equivalent to 70 percent in India) (i dunno what this is equivalent to in canada) .I have had experience of working as a teaching assistant after my B.E for the subject of microcontrolllers and Embedded systems for one whole semester, now I am working full time as a subject matter expert and solution authoring for chegg .IELTS 7.5 L 8.5 R 8 S 7 W 7 What are my chances? I am worried and tensed!

Pghai081

Jan 8, 2018
Hi,

I am Vikrant Ghai. I intend to apply for Masters in Computer Science at UoV but before commencing with my application I want to gather a fair idea of my chances of getting the acceptance letter. Below is my profile:
Work Exp as Web Analyst: 1 yr
Under graduation: 73% and last two years 84%
12th: 80%
10th:75%
IELTS: 7 bands

Can anyone please assist me with the above?
thanks

Jan 9, 2018
How long does UVic take to send out application decisions? I'm an undergraduate student transferring from a college in the US. I have a 9/9 GPA. My application has been stuck in "Documents received and under review" for over a month.