+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Saskatchewan

Paul Peter

Feb 14, 2018
I won’t say it is very easy, but for the right candidate with the right credentials, it is very possible to get a PNP from Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan’s immigration terms are, I would say a bit easier than the rest of the province. The following are the points-of-differences that makes SINP an easier option to choose for immigration:

Saskatchewan requires only 4.5 bands in IELTS exam, making it the only province in Canada to accept this much low score. Other provinces requires you to score at least 6-7 bands in each module of IELTS general training exam. Thus, if you are lacking on your IELTS score, SINP is the finest option for you.
Thank you so much for your reply...
To apply for PR after studies in Saskatchewan do we need full time job there...?
Can u advice me regarding mining jobs over there?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi. Please are you are student in Usask? If yes. Please I applied for MPH Fall 2018 in Jan and I am yet to get any mail from them regarding my admission decision. I am worried. I planned calling the dept this week. Can you advice me? What is delaying them. Thank you.
I was a student in USASK in 2012.
Unfortunately you can't do much with the delayed processing of the university. All you can do it wait and watch.
I will suggest you to apply in some Universities in Alberta, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. These provinces are not as expensive as BC, Ontario and Quebec and they have better immigration options for the students who graduate from their schools/ colleges. BC, Ontario and Quebec are full of people which reduces chances of getting jobs and immigration.

Reactions: Kammi

rituritz

Oct 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
O
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
1-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Yesssssssssssss......
LANDED..........
12-august-2013

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
I wasn't accepted. I got the mail yesterday. Don't lose hope. Don't bother checking your mail. They will send you a mail. But I will advice you call or send them an email. You won't be penalized.
Still no update. I have considered it as a rejection. Will not even worry myself checking my status again.

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
I meant to say don't bother checking your status from PAWS because even my status still says complete ready for review.

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
I was a student in USASK in 2012.
Unfortunately you can't do much with the delayed processing of the university. All you can do it wait and watch.
I will suggest you to apply in some Universities in Alberta, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. These provinces are not as expensive as BC, Ontario and Quebec and they have better immigration options for the students who graduate from their schools/ colleges. BC, Ontario and Quebec are full of people which reduces chances of getting jobs and immigration.
Thank you so much. How is immigration in Saskatoon? I was also looking into schools with low tuition and considering the course I want to go for not all schools offer Master's in Public health.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you so much. How is immigration in Saskatoon? I was also looking into schools with low tuition and considering the course I want to go for not all schools offer Master's in Public health.
Saskatchewan offers good provincial nomination options for International students, but the student has to secure a job after finishing the degree. And job market at this point is not good. For sure the post graduate open work permit helps!

I am noticing that many international students are leaving province and moving to other provinces to get jobs and immigration. Don't want to discourage you, but a Diploma (related to medical field or management) gets jobs much quicker than a Master's, that a hard reality of Canada.

Being said that, it also depends on from which University the student is doing the Master's from. Also, diploma holders make good money too, sometimes equal to the professional who holds a Master's degree. Now I better give you some suggestion too, make sure you look at the Canadian professionals in your field and see what certifications and trainings they have done (other than Masters), though do not send invites on LinkedIn request to professionals you don't know, it could go against you. For example, one of my friends, he had a masters degree but he also achieved the PMP certification as he had the past experience and he was qualified to appear for the exam. His PMP certification helped him more than his Masters in getting a job. Also, identify the seminars and conferences you should go to. So if you know of any certification which a professional of your field should have, you should plan for it beforehand.

Kemmyann

Apr 2, 2018
You are very right.Most people want to do masters.Diploma gives you a better Edge.
The only challenge is having a strong SOP when accepted and applying for visa.

Papa Ike

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Hello comrades, pls my status changed this morning to 'decision made, notification to follow'. Pls can someone suggest to me about the chances of getting accepted when your status changes this way.

gogieforreal

Jun 1, 2018
no I did not still in complete just got a mail that the department does not give funding to international students, I made them know that I could pay for my tuition and it was accepted