+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Pardon my ignorance but I got my 128 page long GCMS notes today . Is there any one particular page to look at to decipher the final status of application. I see a lot of statuses likes approved, pending, in review, in progress and I also see repetition of information.

Is there any links to refer which explains GCMS notes in detail ?

Thank You All!
Look for info on:
  • Page 2, this shows if your eligibility, criminality etc is passed or under review, Security is blank or not started
  • Page which mentions: ACTIVITY, Activities 1-6 will be the latest
  • Page which mentions NOTES (usually around the end of your notes), Notes 1-4 will be latest

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Look for info on:
  • Page 2, this shows if your eligibility, criminality etc is passed or under review, Security is blank or not started
  • Page which mentions: ACTIVITY, Activities 1-6 will be the latest
  • Page which mentions NOTES (usually around the end of your notes), Notes 1-4 will be latest
Thank You So much!

My Page 2 shows ASSESSMENT shows as below :

Eligibility : Passed
Security : Blank
Criminality : Passed
Medical : Passed
Infor Sharing : Complete
Final : Approved

My Notes 1 states the text as : ***OFFICER REVIEW****. No apparent A35/A37 concerns evident. File approved and RFV.
Update Date- 12/20/2018

However I have received no mail communication till date. I am AOR- 11th Sep 2018.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank You So much!

My Page 2 shows ASSESSMENT shows as below :

Eligibility : Passed
Security : Blank
Criminality : Passed
Medical : Passed
Infor Sharing : Complete
Final : Approved

My Notes 1 states the text as : ***OFFICER REVIEW****. No apparent A35/A37 concerns evident. File approved and RFV.
Update Date- 12/20/2018

However I have received no mail communication till date. I am AOR- 11th Sep 2018.
Congrats eh...
Raise a cse https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx and also call up IRCC call centre so internally the agents can email to VO to send your PpR email

Reactions: Billoo3108

Amg_man

Nov 27, 2018
Pardon my ignorance but I got my 128 page long GCMS notes today . Is there any one particular page to look at to decipher the final status of application. I see a lot of statuses likes approved, pending, in review, in progress and I also see repetition of information.

Is there any links to refer which explains GCMS notes in detail ?

Thank You All!
Just scroll down all the way to the last 2-3 pages where you should see notes on your file from program assistants / case analyst / visa officer. Note number 1 would be the most recent.

Good luck!

Reactions: Billoo3108

sonal1981

Nov 15, 2017
Hi Guy,
Thanks for your very useful advise here. I just got my gcms note…it showed as follows;
Assessments
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:
Pls i saw “cancelled” on the status of a column known as “kits and application forms”.
So do you havew idea of the meaning of all these? My AOR was on 24th July, 2017.
My gcms note is similar like you..pl plea let me know once you get ppr

KathD

Feb 11, 2019
Hey guys,

I ordered the GCMS notes and I'd really need some help in understanding the Eligibility updates :

Application 8 :
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Field Name: Eligibility
Action: Updated
Old Value: Passed - Candidate
New Value: Not Started
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Application 9 :
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value: Calculation in Progress
New Value: Passed - Candidate
Office: GCMS-System

Application 10 :
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value: Calculate
New Value: Calculation in Progress

Application 11 :
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value: Not Started
New Value: Calculate

How can the status be updated from "Passed - Candidate" to "Not Started"?

Reactions: Nimrod

Angelwingz

Feb 12, 2019

Dear members,

I’m stuck at IP1... I just received my first set of notes :

1/ Would you kindly advise if I will be able to send a separate signed and stamped jobs descriptions ? (In my country, employers policy is to issue it separately, not included in the LOE)

2/ Is there anything more required by case analyst ?

I talked to an agent a few days ago and he suggested to wait for updates or instructions.

Surprisingly, he didn’t ask for additional documents while I was proposing this option !

Many thanks

Last edited:

prash88

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-11-2018

Dear members,

I’m stuck at IP1... I just received my first set of notes :

1/ Would you kindly advise if I will be able to send a separate signed and stamped jobs descriptions ? (In my country, employers policy is to deliver it separated, not included in the LOE)

2/ Is there anything more required by case analyst ?

I talked to an agent a few days ago and he suggested to wait for updates or instructions.

Surprisingly, he didn’t ask for additional documents while I was proposing this option !

Many thanks
Are you missing your job duties and responsibilities in your employment letters? Analyst noted that they are missing.

Angelwingz

Feb 12, 2019
Are you missing your job duties and responsibilities in your employment letters? Analyst noted that they are missing.
My former employers refused to mention duties in my employment letters at the time of APR, they are still refusing to amend them, but one already accepted to issue a separate letter of duties.

What should I do ? Follow IRCC call centre agent recommendations and wait, or raise a CSE including a separate letter along with explanation ?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hey guys,

I ordered the GCMS notes and I'd really need some help in understanding the Eligibility updates :

Application 8 :
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value: Passed - Candidate
New Value: Not Started
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Application 9 :
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value: Calculation in Progress
New Value: Passed - Candidate

Application 10 :
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value: Calculate
New Value: Calculation in Progress

Application 11 :
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value: Not Started
New Value: Calculate

How can the status be updated from "Passed - Candidate" to "Not Started"?
If you see, the status "Passed - Candidate" is set by GCMS-System. What I understand is that this status is set by system when you submit application where it check and passed based on the responses in application. After that, CIO office updates. What I see from my GCMS notes is that the status went like this" From Passed - Candidate > Not Started > Calculate > Calculation In Progress > Review Required > Met

Reactions: KathD

prash88

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-11-2018
My former employers refused to mention duties in my employment letters at the time of APR, they are still refusing to amend them, but one already accepted to issue a separate letter of duties.

What should I do ? Follow IRCC call centre agent recommendations and wait, or raise a CSE including a separate letter along with explanation ?
I would recommended raising a CSE ASAP with new Job Duties letter from your employer, add satisfactory letter of explanation from your end. Ideally you need 2 new Job Duties letter for 2 of your employers. Otherwise, there is a high possibility of rejection.

Reactions: Jamiez04

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I originally took a picture from my mobile but it wasn't visible enough so I later took a black and white scanned copy of the consent form and sent it to GCMS.

Will black an white scanned copy do or should I send a colored one?

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
Today I got my GCMS notes.

Note1 says PreVu Verified Personal Information. AOR date 11 Sept. And file is at CPC -ottawa as per GCMS notes
No updated after 09/10/2018. Please help what to do