Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
lazybone said:
firstly, you are most welcome...

it is good that you have declared the rejection...im not sure if the officer 'put it on the system' in 2014....even if they received the application and rejected it due to 'non completed' app...if they did not put it on, thats the reason why they cannot find your 1st application now...
i dont have any idea with respect to paper based applications and how CIC used to work then...but going by what you have shared from your current notes, the likelyhood of them putting it on the system seems negligible...
what might have happened back then is, they had an initial look at the application..figured out some forms were missing and returned the package back to you without even putting it on the system and without wasting any time....this is just an assumption though..

as I said earlier, if you have declared it...you have nothing to worry about...
hi lazybone,

in my gcms notes it shows applications and history 0...........based on this para which u typed do u think my student visa rejection is also negligible in 2014 and will have no impact as not all details may be stored .....it was also a paper based application, it was rejected due to irrelevant course selection and i was treated as a potential immigrant.....however i received a schedule A with same UCI number i mentioned in the statutory question which says have u been rejected before( i types yes and mentioned canada student rejection and gave uci number).

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
canadianrrk said:
hi lazybone,

in my gcms notes it shows applications and history 0...........based on this para which u typed do u think my student visa rejection is also negligible in 2014 and will have no impact as not all details may be stored .....it was also a paper based application, it was rejected due to irrelevant course selection and i was treated as a potential immigrant.....however i received a schedule A with same UCI number i mentioned in the statutory question which says have u been rejected before( i types yes and mentioned canada student rejection and gave uci number).
Hi rrk

Dont worry about previous applications..as per my reply to OP earlier, if you have declared the rejection( answered yes to question 6d) you should be fine....

In my reply to OP earlier I had mentioned that im not really aware of how paper based applications and cic used to work...the OP had clearly mentioned that gcms mentioned gcms/foss shows no previous applications..and even i stated that i was making an assumption..not a 100% sure till OP shares notes on previous application..

I will share something here..in relation to your question..i personally faced rejection thrice due to lack of ties to home country, funds, etc...fourth time it was accepted because we had ordered gcms and found out why it wasnt working and structured the application the way they wanted it.the rejection letter that they provide is too generic..nothing to worry about previous rejection as long as you have declared it..

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
lazybone said:
Hi Tocanadawego

Thanks for clarifying. Its nice to see seniors step in and provide these finer points. I was under the assumption that even applicants from visa exempt countries needed counterfoil...

Anyway, your journey is an inspiration to all of us! Wishing you all the best!
Applicants from visa exempt countries only need to send a copy of their passport for the issuance of copr. Therefore, they do not get a counterfoil.
Good luck with your application! I hope you get your PPR soon!

RachelRichard

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
redd456 said:
s 16(1)(c) does not just mean security issue. It has to do with verification of your credentials legitimacy; be it work, education, travel visas etc. Nothing serious here unless there is a fabrication of the said documents.
Hi,

May I check what is your progress now as I also received same S16(1)(C)..Any inputs is highly appreciated..

Thanks

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
RachelRichard said:
Hi,

May I check what is your progress now as I also received same S16(1)(C)..Any inputs is highly appreciated..

Thanks
Nothing of much concern actually...they hide some info under that section usually if they unsatisfied with a document you have provided or your passport or something else... Agreed that they treat it a bit more seriously...but almost applicants see this..

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
lazybone said:
Nothing of much concern actually...they hide some info under that section usually if they unsatisfied with a document you have provided or your passport or something else... Agreed that they treat it a bit more seriously...but almost applicants see this..
oh God i have it too !!!

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
lazybone said:
Me three ;D

They always keep hiding stuff rrk..dont worry bud!! Chill!
lol, me also 3.....no worries....il try my best to keep cool.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
lazybone said:
That's actually not correct. It has to do with security check:

16(1)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

Relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation

It has nothing to do with missing documents, but with sources they are using to conduct security checks.

Reactions: obinnaoji

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
Tocanadawego said:

16(1)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

It has nothing to do with missing documents, but with sources they are using to conduct security checks.
hi thanq br for this messge..........do u think security checks are what we did in other countries and all or any other checks.........i visited 12 countries(one as student) and other as tourist....do u think this could be a reason for s16 1 c........i had a canada stu visa rejection also.

what say lazy bone.

cheers,
Rrk.

p_bh_parekh

Nov 20, 2014
Seniors of this group has a flow of information. Happy to be the part of this information sharing forum.

I am a PNP-SK candidate who received PNP through EE profile and accepted in April to get 600 additional CRS. I have gone through all the pages of my 300 page GCMS notes now and I am having few final questions. I request all the knowledgeable seniors to please guide me:

1) On page #1, my category shows as : PV2 and Province of destination shows: SK. But on page #2 along with highlighting my PNC#xxxxx and valid to:xxxxx, it is written as Province of Interest: NL...???
What does this means? Is there anything to worry about?

2) As per few of the last pages, it seams that **AGENT REVIEW** Police certificates R10 OK All police certificates on application; and
I have verified this application under Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and make the following determination. RECOMMENDATION: ***APPEARS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS*** ready to finalize__________CIVIL Status: PA......

Despite this, on various pages (7 different pages), it is written as following:
Sub activities: 1
UCI:xxxxxxx
Type: Candidate - PNP
Score:
Status updated date: xxxxxx (These dates are the Dates of On AND before PNP Certificate)
Status updated by: xxxxxx
Related ITA activity:

Is there anything to worry about as it is written as Not Met?

3) Type : Candidate MST
This is still not clear why it is Not Met

4) PAPER FILE HISTORY: 1
Created Date: 2016/06/18 06:49:41
Created by: xxxx
Updated date: 2016/06/18 06:49:41
Updated by: xxxx
Office: New Delhi
Paper File #:
Archive Date:

Does this means my file has reached to New Delhi Visa Office?

These are the only few questions arise after reading all 300 pages of my GCMS. Kindly give your expert opinion to guide me for the better pathways...

Loads of thanks in advance to all...

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Tocanadawego said:

Hi canadawego

I am in agreement regarding s.16(c) as you have shared....in fact i have shared the same thing (a few posts above from where OP rachelrichard qouted redd456) regarding s.19(1), s.16(c) and s.15(1) earlier.....

here are a few things I would like to outline:

1. s.16(c) showing up on notes does not mean security check is going on...thats incorrect...it has to do with security related factors...but does not mean security check is going on
2. everytime you order notes, they will hide something under sections mentioned above...because they hide something under section 16...does not mean there is something amiss..it has to do with non disclosure of information under that section...that information may be 'injurious' or not you will never find out...as they still wont share it...
3. from researching different threads...i have seen applicants have s.16(c) put on in various stages of their application when they receive notes 1st time, 2nd time, 3rd time etc....like redd456 says...they are conducting additional verification of a particular document(s) that they are unsatisfied with....but its mostly related to work experience AFAIK... it may be something different-for example, it also might be 'frequent visits to a country without any probable reason' so your passport...

like i said earlier....s.16(c) is no matter of 'deep' concern...it will show up and has shown up in most applicants notes....it doesnot imply their application has not gone through....

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
canadianrrk said:
hi thanq br for this messge..........do u think security checks are what we did in other countries and all or any other checks.........i visited 12 countries(one as student) and other as tourist....do u think this could be a reason for s16 1 c........i had a canada stu visa rejection also.

what say lazy bone.

cheers,
Rrk.
1.dude you fine...the cic or anyone for that matter cant hold you back from visiting different countries or studying somewhere else....thats absurd...
2.regarding the rejection...dont worry about it...as long as you have declared it...
3.whether the s.16(c) is for points 1 &2......there is no possible way to find out...

like i said in the PM- NDVO has picked up...relax....im sure you will get an update pretty quickly

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
p_bh_parekh said:
Seniors of this group has a flow of information. Happy to be the part of this information sharing forum.

I am a PNP-SK candidate who received PNP through EE profile and accepted in April to get 600 additional CRS. I have gone through all the pages of my 300 page GCMS notes now and I am having few final questions. I request all the knowledgeable seniors to please guide me:

1) On page #1, my category shows as : PV2 and Province of destination shows: SK. But on page #2 along with highlighting my PNC#xxxxx and valid to:xxxxx, it is written as Province of Interest: NL...???
What does this means? Is there anything to worry about?

2) As per few of the last pages, it seams that **AGENT REVIEW** Police certificates R10 OK All police certificates on application; and
I have verified this application under Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and make the following determination. RECOMMENDATION: ***APPEARS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS*** ready to finalize__________CIVIL Status: PA......

Despite this, on various pages (7 different pages), it is written as following:
Sub activities: 1
UCI:xxxxxxx
Type: Candidate - PNP
Score:
Status updated date: xxxxxx (These dates are the Dates of On AND before PNP Certificate)
Status updated by: xxxxxx
Related ITA activity:

Is there anything to worry about as it is written as Not Met?

3) Type : Candidate MST
This is still not clear why it is Not Met

4) PAPER FILE HISTORY: 1
Created Date: 2016/06/18 06:49:41
Created by: xxxx
Updated date: 2016/06/18 06:49:41
Updated by: xxxx
Office: New Delhi
Paper File #:
Archive Date:

Does this means my file has reached to New Delhi Visa Office?

These are the only few questions arise after reading all 300 pages of my GCMS. Kindly give your expert opinion to guide me for the better pathways...

Loads of thanks in advance to all...
300 pages!! wow!! i had 178 pages 1st time...

1) not sure about the NL part.....im thinking it is an error on their part...not a 100% sure though...

2) Please share if you are an inlind/outland applicant + your timeline...you can check your activities 1-10....to see if your file was transfered to NDVO... if yes, your file was accepted in CIO and couple of checks were done...R10/a11.2 and sent to LVO....if no, then when you ordered your notes...eligibility was not updated...can you check you activities(right above a11.2) and see an activity EE ECON?