+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unaccompanying dependent

andreatav

Feb 21, 2018
My 6 year old’s step-daughter’s mother is not allowing her to do the medical at this time and we are still working to make that happen, as my husband and I would like to sponsor her in the future. I understand that her medical needs to be done now, but due to these extenuating circumstances that we are currently facing, is there anything we can do to be able to sponsor her later in case we can’t get the medical for her done now? Perhaps explain the situation to IRCC and ask for an extension/leniency?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My 6 year old’s step-daughter’s mother is not allowing her to do the medical at this time and we are still working to make that happen, as my husband and I would like to sponsor her in the future. I understand that her medical needs to be done now, but due to these extenuating circumstances that we are currently facing, is there anything we can do to be able to sponsor her later in case we can’t get the medical for her done now? Perhaps explain the situation to IRCC and ask for an extension/leniency?
If she cannot get her medical, you need to know that she will be excluded from sponsoring her in the future.

So if you want to still have the chance to sponsor her, try harder to get it done. Explain it to her mom that's for her future possibility. (doing it doesn't mean her daughter will leave her now)

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hey all,
I have got super complicated situation.
I have non accompanying dependent age 3 listed in my application. He lives with his father -my ex in Australia. IRCC has requested his medical along with mine. His medical request form states my postal address of canada. Now we don’t have custody arrangements but we have court order with liberty of both of us to take decisions when child is in resepective care. I have decided not to see my child since he was 3 months, when we got separated and I am not
Even willing to sponsor him in future. Now when medical is requested I sent email to ex asking for child’s address and if he can go to near panel physician to complete exams. But he is totally non responsive.
Can anyone please advice, as medical request form says: it needs to be completed in 30 days of request. I have completed mine , can someone plz advice, I m worried after reading cases that dependent inadmisibility can refuse my application as well? Plz advice what can I do to avoid any rejection?