+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to upload IMM5257

ashutosh_bt

May 9, 2014
Hi Did u get the solution? I have the same problem....
after loading the VALIDATED online form IMM5257 an error message appears: document contains invalid data. There is no way how to make it better...we checked three times, validated all the time but there is no Barcode generated, tried to upload several times. Have you any suggestions what to change or improve??? I am really sick from that tricky system...I can not generate the Barcode after validation...... I have updated my JAVA and Enable Java en ADOBE and used all browsers and different computers............ PLZ HELPPPPPP !!!!!

yomuan

May 19, 2014
this worked for me:

1. downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader (XI)

2. copied the link of the .pdf document and pasted it to the Open/file/ box.

3. the file will be opened with a notification on top indicating the document as certified by CIC to be a secure document. you can now fill up this document. make sure you save a copy.

i just uploaded mine today. good luck! :)

melanie_vitug

Jun 18, 2014
Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.
•Error Description: The answers you provided previously in the question flow do not correspond with the values in the application form. Please modify your answers in the question flow or the values in the application form.

can you please help me how to upload IMM5257E I tried so many times

Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

I validated the IMM 5257 and got the barcode. Do i need to paste the barcode on all the application pages (IMM5257) or i can just upload the PDF to CIC?

Also like to know do we need to upload the Photo with the specified size. i had uploaded the photo which i had taken for my US Visa will it go through?

JustT

Feb 29, 2016
kewl said:
I had the same problem before even after I updated my Adobe to the latest version. Here's what I did:

1. Copy the link of the form in the CIC site.
2. Open Adobe and paste the link File/open/filename
Thank you for this idea
I have been trying to upload the documents (IMM5257 and IMM 1295) for almost a week now with this error mesaage! I have gone over and over again without detecting any error and of course the forms were all validated. I have also tried to use different browsers -firefox, Microsoft edge, UC browser (for PC) and internet explorer and none worked.

However, when I downloaded the file as you suggested (Open Adobe and paste the link File/open/filename) and filled again, I was able to upload without any issue with IE.

Thanks again

bechay24

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JustT said:

Thank you for this idea
I have been trying to upload the documents (IMM5257 and IMM 1295) for almost a week now with this error mesaage! I have gone over and over again without detecting any error and of course the forms were all validated. I have also tried to use different browsers -firefox, Microsoft edge, UC browser (for PC) and internet explorer and none worked.

However, when I downloaded the file as you suggested (Open Adobe and paste the link File/open/filename) and filled again, I was able to upload without any issue with IE.

Thanks again
Hi,

Can you please elaborate on this? Sorry, I am not very good in computers. I am also having problems uploading the said form.

Were you able to upload the form filled out as it is and not scanned and signed? Also, I am worried because when I attempted to attach the form, the viewer wouldn't show the pdf file properly but then after uploading, it will say that the file was uploaded successfully, and I am really not sure if the visa officer can properly view the file later.

Your thoughts please.

JustT

Feb 29, 2016
bechay24 said:
Hi,

Can you please elaborate on this? Sorry, I am not very good in computers. I am also having problems uploading the said form.

Were you able to upload the form filled out as it is and not scanned and signed? Also, I am worried because when I attempted to attach the form, the viewer wouldn't show the pdf file properly but then after uploading, it will say that the file was uploaded successfully, and I am really not sure if the visa officer can properly view the file later.

Your thoughts please.
Yes, I was able to upload the filled copy only after I followed the described method
Here is the trick. I will try to be as simple as possible :)
1. open your application page and copy the link of the file. You can do this in many ways such as
a. Right click on the link (the name of the file) and select "copy link" from the options or
b. Open the file in a new tab and copy the link from the browser address bar
2. Launch/open your acrobat reader (that's what I used, other pdf readers may be able to do the same)
3. click on open and paste the link you copied from the browser address bar into the section named, "filename" at the lower part of the open dialogue box
4. Click on open. This may take a while depending on your internet speed. The file will be downloaded into your system.
5. Fill and validate it and save it on your system using "save as"
6. Go back and upload it. This worked for me and should work for you.
For online application, you are not required to sign on the form. You are expected to provide your signature during the submission online.
Don't hesitate to contact me again should encounter any other issues
Regards

bechay24

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JustT said:
Yes, I was able to upload the filled copy only after I followed the described method
1. open your application page and copy the link of the file. You can do this in many ways such as
a. Right click on the link (the name of the file) and select "copy link" from the options or
2. Launch/open your acrobat reader (that's what I used, other pdf readers may be able to do the same)
3. click on open and paste the link you copied from the browser address bar into the section named, "filename" at the lower part of the open dialogue box
4. Click on open. This may take a while depending on your internet speed. The file will be downloaded into your system.
For online application, you are not required to sign on the form. You are expected to provide your signature during the submission online.
Regards
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I was able to download and fill out the form and validate it.

However, when I started uploading it, the viewer says: Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, you pdf viewer might not be able to display this type of document.

And then, after uploading, it says the document was uploaded successfully.

Do you think the visa officer will be able to view it properly? I can view it properly.

JustT

Feb 29, 2016
bechay24 said:
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I was able to download and fill out the form and validate it.

However, when I started uploading it, the viewer says: Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, you pdf viewer might not be able to display this type of document.

And then, after uploading, it says the document was uploaded successfully.

Do you think the visa officer will be able to view it properly? I can view it properly.
Yes, they should be able to view it. I guess you uploaded the saved copy of the form?
With the complaint your pdf viewer gave, you may need to update it to the latest version.
Regards

NaKu80

Jun 1, 2016
Hi!

After validation the principal applicant schedule 1 doc., there is no problem with uploading.
But there is the spouse option also and filled another schedule 1 for the spouse.
We are trying to upload them together as the system wants everything in 1 doc. Scanned the filled and validated forms, make 1 pdf and tried to upload. Then there is the "Validation Error".

We are going together, but she has her visa already, she is not applying for the visa.
If they want only the principal applicants schedule 1 form why did they put the spouse option right next to it?
But they do not accept 2 seperate documents or a pdf combines all schedule 1 docs, so what is this the spouse section standing for?
Is it possible or not to upload this pdf together with the spouse's doc. included?
And there is no barcode, only "validated yes" box, is this normal?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

GG kaur

Apr 18, 2016
JustT said:
Regards
hii i tried to upload my application couple of times since last week but it is showing same error.Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated. •Error Description: The answers you provided previously in the question flow do not correspond with the values in the application form. Please modify your answers in the question flow or the values in the application form.

medals01

Aug 2, 2016
I'm currently having a similar problem too. Have filled in the IMM5257E form, validated and uploaded. When I hit next I get the following error:

Unfortunately, an error occurred.
System-generated error code:9END9X4M (2016-08-02 06:29:17)

Some information seems to be missing in your application. Review your form and make sure that you have filled in or chosen an answer for each field, and that the answer is in the correct format. For example, there should not be numbers in a text field.

If you continue to receive this error message, you should review the FAQs in the Help Centre. If your issue is not answered there, submit your issue through the Report a Technical Issue button at the top right of the screen.​

I have tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac. My PDF definitely has barcodes at the bottom and all previous documents are uploaded. I've tried for several days now and can't figure out what's wrong. Anyone having any luck with getting past this?​

medals01

Aug 2, 2016
OK after posting my previous message I finally figured it out. The details on the IMM5257 form must match what you entered on the other forms. This is the page you see just after clicking 'View Submitted Application'. It has four options including Personal details, Contact Information and two others.

In here check the answers you gave and make sure that the IMM5257 form data matches exactly. For me I stated I had previously applied to enter Canada through the online form but ticked the opposite on IMM5257. I then changed the answer on the online form, uploaded the document from the next page and submitted. Then I was presented with the electronic signature option and could transmit the form.

This had been frustrating me for days as there's no indication of what is wrong. The website sure could have helped by pointing out my conflicting answers but I guess it wants to make it as hard as possible...