+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to upload IMM5257

ma_gilam

Jan 19, 2017
Hi Melanie. Were you able to finally upload the form? I'm having the same issue. Hope you could help me. Thanks.

tanjayhan

Aug 27, 2017
I'm having the same issue as ma_gilam and Melanie, does anyone know what am I doing wrong? I have successfully validated the form but I can't upload it.

tanjayhan

Aug 27, 2017
Yes, I realized that I selected the incorrect option under the visa section. Just choose the correct visa that corresponds to you and you should be able to resolve it. Hope it works for you.

Adorable1981

Mar 25, 2018
Hi everyone! i just have a question. i submitted my parents application online and i just realized one of my documents was saved thru word documents and i upload it. I'm worried Do you think there's going to be a problem? i mean can they open it? coz i know it should be PDF, JPEG etc. thank you.

Feb 6, 2020
I am not able to upload imm5257 or imm5257b_1 for 3 rd day. Had anyone been able to do that? How can I know if the problem is with the website or in my answers?

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am unable to upload Imm5257 even after validating the file and saved as a pdf. Can anybody please help!!
Thanks!!

Asifiwe1

Jul 6, 2021
Hello All,
I encountered the same error; invalid imm5257. The problem is with the form itself. Do not download the imm5257 form from your browser or any other site. Instead, download it directly from your cic account profile; simply click on the imm5257 form link provided and you will be able to upload it. I hope this approach works for you! Good luck with your application!

Euni

Apr 7, 2022
Yes, I was able to upload the filled copy only after I followed the described method
Here is the trick. I will try to be as simple as possible :)
1. open your application page and copy the link of the file. You can do this in many ways such as
a. Right click on the link (the name of the file) and select "copy link" from the options or
b. Open the file in a new tab and copy the link from the browser address bar
2. Launch/open your acrobat reader (that's what I used, other pdf readers may be able to do the same)
3. click on open and paste the link you copied from the browser address bar into the section named, "filename" at the lower part of the open dialogue box
4. Click on open. This may take a while depending on your internet speed. The file will be downloaded into your system.
5. Fill and validate it and save it on your system using "save as"
6. Go back and upload it. This worked for me and should work for you.
For online application, you are not required to sign on the form. You are expected to provide your signature during the submission online.
Don't hesitate to contact me again should encounter any other issues
Regards

Thank you very much for this. After 2 weeks of trying and receiving the error message, this is the only suggestion that worked!

goataei

Jul 22, 2021
Yes, I was able to upload the filled copy only after I followed the described method
1. open your application page and copy the link of the file. You can do this in many ways such as
a. Right click on the link (the name of the file) and select "copy link" from the options or
2. Launch/open your acrobat reader (that's what I used, other pdf readers may be able to do the same)
3. click on open and paste the link you copied from the browser address bar into the section named, "filename" at the lower part of the open dialogue box
4. Click on open. This may take a while depending on your internet speed. The file will be downloaded into your system.
For online application, you are not required to sign on the form. You are expected to provide your signature during the submission online.
Regards
I can confirm this solution worked. Thanks

Syed faizan hasan

Aug 10, 2022
I am facing same issue I got one masage additional documents required and I am Unable to upload IMM5257
But I send email to webform IMM5257
They will cancider request or not ?
I upload documents one month a go

DBGOHIL73

Nov 19, 2022
Hi,

Can you please elaborate on this? Sorry, I am not very good in computers. I am also having problems uploading the said form.

Were you able to upload the form filled out as it is and not scanned and signed? Also, I am worried because when I attempted to attach the form, the viewer wouldn't show the pdf file properly but then after uploading, it will say that the file was uploaded successfully, and I am really not sure if the visa officer can properly view the file later.

Your thoughts please.
I am having the same doubt that how we should confirmed that the file which is uploaded is readable or not.

RS1972

Feb 12, 2023
I’m V grateful to JustT for the suggestion on how to upload the documents. It worked beautifully.

Regards

Bango81

Oct 28, 2023
I’m V grateful to JustT for the suggestion on how to upload the documents. It worked beautifully.
i have copied the url and pasted but its still saying the url can't be reached been trying it since morning,how best can i go about it guys.