+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to upload IMM5257

golak006

Nov 2, 2023
Yes, I was able to upload the filled copy only after I followed the described method
Here is the trick. I will try to be as simple as possible :)
1. open your application page and copy the link of the file. You can do this in many ways such as
a. Right click on the link (the name of the file) and select "copy link" from the options or
b. Open the file in a new tab and copy the link from the browser address bar
2. Launch/open your acrobat reader (that's what I used, other pdf readers may be able to do the same)
3. click on open and paste the link you copied from the browser address bar into the section named, "filename" at the lower part of the open dialogue box
4. Click on open. This may take a while depending on your internet speed. The file will be downloaded into your system.
5. Fill and validate it and save it on your system using "save as"
6. Go back and upload it. This worked for me and should work for you.
For online application, you are not required to sign on the form. You are expected to provide your signature during the submission online.
Don't hesitate to contact me again should encounter any other issues
Regards
After many attempts this helped! Thank you JustT! You are the star of our day today :)

Favy Osan

Jan 15, 2024
Thank you very much for this. After 2 weeks of trying and receiving the error message, this is the only suggestion that worked!
Wow! Thanks a lot for your help, this worked! The only issue is, the signature part, as I'm not able to sign it electronically and that's a requirement. Any idea how to go about that please?

Hanna Kh

Mar 31, 2024
I resolved it.
Initial data: I have a Mac with the newest update. First, I filled out the IMM form through the Foxit PDF reader (because it's free and it worked for my other application in the IRCC portal). But I was stuck uploading the documentation for my visa application.
Eventually, I used the advice from the official IRCC website - to use especially Adobe PDF Reader, BUT you must download an older version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can do it at the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/install-reader-x-mac-os.html
Before downloading it asks you to select your operating system. There is not a newest version of MacOS in the list offered so I just chose one from among those offered.
Then, you need to register officially with Adobe. If you don't need Adobe in general, you can use a free trial.
Then, open the IMM file from your computer and complete it using this older version of Adobe Reader. Validate, and save the original file (not "save as" a new file).
Only in this way I could upload the IMM form file on the IRCC portal.
Good luck

JulieJ

Apr 12, 2024
After many attempts this helped! Thank you JustT! You are the star of our day today :)
hello, I am trying to follow your instruction, but i am not clear, copy the linkl of the file name, how to copy? it is PDF file, only can copy the file, where the link

JulieJ

Apr 12, 2024
Wow! Thanks a lot for your help, this worked! The only issue is, the signature part, as I'm not able to sign it electronically and that's a requirement. Any idea how to go about that please?
how you did the copy the file link? it is pdf file, there is no link