+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to submit PCC

istmtl

Nov 6, 2018
Dear all,

I need your assistance about my PR application. I'm a protected person and applied to PR in November 2018. I've been received a request for PCC from the UAE. Although it is easy to obtain a PCC from the UAE, I cannot get it as I have lost my old passport with my residency visa. I have checked with the government offices and received information in writing that explains the impossiblity of obtaining a PCC without the copy of my residency visa. I have also contacted with my previous employer and they couldn't find the copy of my residency visa.

I'm planning to write a LOE. Does anyone get refused due to inability to submit a PCC? All advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Dear all,

I need your assistance about my PR application. I'm a protected person and applied to PR in November 2018. I've been received a request for PCC from the UAE. Although it is easy to obtain a PCC from the UAE, I cannot get it as I have lost my old passport with my residency visa. I have checked with the government offices and received information in writing that explains the impossiblity of obtaining a PCC without the copy of my residency visa. I have also contacted with my previous employer and they couldn't find the copy of my residency visa.

I'm planning to write a LOE. Does anyone get refused due to inability to submit a PCC? All advice is appreciated.

Thanks
I think more essentially you have to have valid emirates ID if your PP is missing, besides you should visit Emirates Consul General in Toronto and explain your situation they might assist you better in this regard and if there would be any possibility of issuing PCC without such records will definitely help you in this

istmtl

Nov 6, 2018
I talked to the embassy and the government offices. They all wrote that I won't be able to obtain a PCC from the UAE without the copy of my residency visa. I took the risk and applied online on Dubai Police website but they have sent me an email that they cannot process my request.

Do you think it is still a good idea to send my fingerprints? If not, do you think I need to receive professional help with writing a LOE?

Thanks

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I talked to the embassy and the government offices. They all wrote that I won't be able to obtain a PCC from the UAE without the copy of my residency visa. I took the risk and applied online on Dubai Police website but they have sent me an email that they cannot process my request.

Do you think it is still a good idea to send my fingerprints? If not, do you think I need to receive professional help with writing a LOE?

Thanks
Why don't you send someone to police station there with valid POA who could apply the PCC on your behalf, besides sending fingure prints through the authoritiesed channels is not a bad idea though.

istmtl

Nov 6, 2018
I talked to third party agents but they refuse to start the process without a copy of my residency visa. Ministry of interior and Dubai police confirmed that they wouldn't issue a PCC without visa copy. I have my Entry Permit and visa number but they insist on the copy of the visa. I'm a refugee and flew to Canada in 1 week. I don't know what happened to my old passport :(

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I talked to third party agents but they refuse to start the process without a copy of my residency visa. Ministry of interior and Dubai police confirmed that they wouldn't issue a PCC without visa copy. I have my Entry Permit and visa number but they insist on the copy of the visa. I'm a refugee and flew to Canada in 1 week. I don't know what happened to my old passport :(
That's what i told you in very first reply, without having valid Emirates ID and visa it very difficult to get online PCC from them, now unless otherwise you don't have someone there with your POA who could request them on behalf of you for PCC its hard to get one, better to talk to your lawyer and see what he says

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Do you think someone with my POA can get PCC without visa and Emirates ID?
If your record is clear, no case is registered then most probably yes, but before commencing to prepare POA please ask your friend in UAE to check with them once for safer side

istmtl

Nov 6, 2018
I exchanged emails with the Ministry of Interior and Dubai Police. They both stated that they require a copy of my residency visa. I also contacted third party agents who obtain pcc on your behalf. They rejected starting the process without a copy of the visa. I took the risk and applied online without Emirates id and visa copy. They asked my visa copy and refused to proceed. I'm literally stuck.

decent2019

Mar 1, 2019
Will immigration process further without PCC? i dont think so. But this is the genuine problem, sometime you cant obtain PCC

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi, would like to know of you were able to provide PCC and if incase not, did CIC accepted your letter of explanation? Really appreciate your response

istmtl

Nov 6, 2018
Hi, would like to know of you were able to provide PCC and if incase not, did CIC accepted your letter of explanation? Really appreciate your response
Yes, I managed to get it but I had to work with a lawyer. He got it by submitting my entry permit.