+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to submit fingerprints in time?

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
Quick question: I received my correspondence for fingerprints on the 1st of May, and got them done on the 12th of May. Now, that should have been the end of the process but apparently since I am a minor, the fingerprints need to be sent to the office by me (Cannot just use the electronic system, although they were taken and recorded electronically).
They give you 30 days from the day of the correspondence to get them done, otherwise the application is considered abandoned.

I have to wait 5-7 business days to receive my prints, and I assume it will be another 5-12 business days from when I receive my prints to when they arrive at the office after I send them. I got them done on a Saturday, so I assume they should be arriving tomorrow.

What can I do in this situation? It will result in me going over the 30 day deadline for the fingerprints, and it would not even be my fault. Anything I can do? It still says "In Process" on the ECAS, nothing has changed after getting the fingerprints done electronically (Done by an RCMP-accredited agency).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Quick question: I received my correspondence for fingerprints on the 1st of May, and got them done on the 12th of May. Now, that should have been the end of the process but apparently since I am a minor, the fingerprints need to be sent to the office by me (Cannot just use the electronic system, although they were taken and recorded electronically).
They give you 30 days from the day of the correspondence to get them done, otherwise the application is considered abandoned.

I have to wait 5-7 business days to receive my prints, and I assume it will be another 5-12 business days from when I receive my prints to when they arrive at the office after I send them. I got them done on a Saturday, so I assume they should be arriving tomorrow.

What can I do in this situation? It will result in me going over the 30 day deadline for the fingerprints, and it would not even be my fault. Anything I can do? It still says "In Process" on the ECAS, nothing has changed after getting the fingerprints done electronically (Done by an RCMP-accredited agency).
1. Use a courier not canada post.

2. Apart from that there's nothing you can do. So just try to be as close to the 30 days as possible.

They won't can your application because of a tiny delay.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC

I think you wasted 11 days from the day you received the fingerprint request to the day you got them done. This is a huge amount of time that can explain the delay it will take IRCC to receive your fingerprints. However I believe you should be fine. Just give them a call to let them know that your FP are underway.

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
I think you wasted 11 days from the day you received the fingerprint request to the day you got them done. This is a huge amount of time that can explain the delay it will take IRCC to receive your fingerprints. However I believe you should be fine. Just give them a call to let them know that your FP are underway.
Will do, thanks.

Problem is I've never actually had the IRCC office pick up. Which number should I call? The regular 1888-242-2100 number or a local one? The fingerprints are supposed to be sent to the St. Clair office but I can find a contact number for them.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Will do, thanks.

Problem is I've never actually had the IRCC office pick up. Which number should I call? The regular local one? The fingerprints are supposed to be sent to the St. Clair office but I can find a contact number for them.
The address where to send the FP is on the letter you received from IRCC.
Yes. +1-888-242-2100 is the number to call IRCC to update them.

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
The address where to send the FP is on the letter you received from IRCC.
Yes. +1-888-242-2100 is the number to call IRCC to update them.
Just called them twice. I get the same response I have always gotten: "We are experiencing a high Volume of calls and are unable to transfer you to a agent. You can hang up or try again later".

I don't get put in a queue or anything at all, its the same response every single time.

I go to the citizenship menu after I call them (which is 4 in my case) and when they say "to talk to an agent, press 0" I do, and that's the message I always get. Any solution to this? Every single time I call, that's the response.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Just called them twice. I get the same response I have always gotten: "We are experiencing a high Volume of calls and are unable to transfer you to a agent. You can hang up or try again later".

I don't get put in a queue or anything at all, its the same response every single time.

I go to the citizenship menu after I call them (which is 4 in my case) and when they say "to talk to an agent, press 0" I do, and that's the message I always get. Any solution to this? Every single time I call, that's the response.
I know it’s often hard to get through but you have keep trying until you are placed in the queue . Wait time can take up tp 60 minutes.

tiamo

Jun 15, 2017

Call IRCC to let them know about the delay. It happened to me & I called them. They were cool though. So no worries

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
Call IRCC to let them know about the delay. It happened to me & I called them. They were cool though. So no worries
Will do.

I'm guessing you also used the 1888-242-2100 number? How many tries did it take to get through to them? I don't even get put in the queue, it's always try again later or hang up.

I'll try again later today after I get home. When you call, do you select the citizenship menu (number 4) and then ask to speak to an agent (number 0)? I've tried that today around 6 times, no luck. I'm not sure if im doing something wrong. Guess I'll keep firing away though

tiamo

Jun 15, 2017
Will do.

I'm guessing you also used the 1888-242-2100 number? How many tries did it take to get through to them? I don't even get put in the queue, it's always try again later or hang up.

I'll try again later today after I get home. When you call, do you select the citizenship menu (number 4) and then ask to speak to an agent (number 0)? I've tried that today around 6 times, no luck. I'm not sure if im doing something wrong. Guess I'll keep firing away though
Yes. I had done what you did. Don't forget you can contact them via cic website as well

Bendanlim

Apr 25, 2018
About FP, what if I am outside of Canada when I get a request?
Can I do outside of Canada? For example, in China or South Korea.

Thanks

AliTheAce

Mar 11, 2018
Just got off the phone with the IRCC. They told me I should send a letter to the St. Clair Office explaining the delay so they know that my application still is going to be process. I'll hopefully be receiving the letter today, and hopefully can courier it in before May 30th.

Thank you!
About FP, what if I am outside of Canada when I get a request?
Can I do outside of Canada? For example, in China or South Korea.

Thanks
I found this link, hopefully it proves helpful to you: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

First paragraph goes over what to do if you're outside Canada.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
What if I did before when I apply PR, do I have to do again?

Thanks
FP request for citizenship is different from PR. Also, FP request for citizenship is not automatic, i.e. unless you've lived outside of Canada for 183 + days during the eligibility period, you are not required to send one.