+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Entry/Exit stamps asked at the Interview

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Just an extra point,it is highly recommended to translate all stamps and visa stickers that are not fully in English to English by certified translator only(ATIO member) and attach the translation with copies of the passport and give it at the interview day

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Hello Toship,

Have you seen or heard of anyone got his oath letter after submitting record of movement from UAE? And if you have had how long they waited after the submission?

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
So Concerned said:
Hello Toship,

Have you seen or heard of anyone got his oath letter after submitting record of movement from UAE? And if you have had how long they waited after the submission?

My friend got his oath last September 2014,he was also living in the UAE before and got the CIT 0520, he got CIT0520 by mail in May 2014 ,he was asked to submit copies of pay stubs,T4,NOAs and the entry /exit record from UAE and submitted it mid of may ,so it took around 3 months and half from the mini RQ to the oath but I believe that citizenship officers deal with applicant cases as case by case basis.

DLN

Nov 25, 2014
toshib said:
My friend got his oath last September 2014,he was also living in the UAE before and got the CIT 0520, he got CIT0520 by mail in May 2014 ,he was asked to submit copies of pay stubs,T4,NOAs and the entry /exit record from UAE and submitted it mid of may ,so it took around 3 months and half from the mini RQ to the oath but I believe that citizenship officers deal with applicant cases as case by case basis.
Was his office in Mississauga?

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toshib said:
In this case you will not be required to show the old passport at the interview because it is out of the 4 year period so therefore you will not be required to get this report,they only ask information and documents for the last 4 years.
Hi,

Actually my old passport was only replaced in September 2011. As my 4 year relevant period is from April 2011-April 2015, I still have to show my old passport with the cancelled UAE resident visa and Malaysian Work permit (Both permits though are valid up to March 2011 only). I am just concerned if they will still ask for UAE entry/exit because it's in the old passport.

Thanks,
kismet23

DLN

Nov 25, 2014
I have been asked to show the visa for entering the UAE during my trips as a tourist/visit. Do you guys think this is enough or I need to get the record from the immigration authorities in dubai as well?

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
kismet23 said:
Hi,

Actually my old passport was only replaced in September 2011. As my 4 year relevant period is from April 2011-April 2015, I still have to show my old passport with the cancelled UAE resident visa and Malaysian Work permit (Both permits though are valid up to March 2011 only). I am just concerned if they will still ask for UAE entry/exit because it's in the old passport.

Thanks,
kismet23
They may ask for the entry/exit record from UAE as your old passport is within the last four years,so I guess it is better to have it on hand to avoid any delay later.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
DLN said:
I have been asked to show the visa for entering the UAE during my trips as a tourist/visit. Do you guys think this is enough or I need to get the record from the immigration authorities in dubai as well?
I guess it is enough as you were just a visitor not resident,usually officers don't ask visitors of UAE to get any entry/exit record and I really dont know if UAE provides this record for visitors.Your case is strange,I think it is was your luck being interviewed with that hard officer,sorry for that.You can provide the previous visitors visas and attach it with explanation letter saying it is not possible for you to get the entry/exit records because you were not ex-resident of UAE,but if you can check with the authorities there if you you know any friend who lives in Dubai and see if they give travel records for visitors.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Tomorrow Monday and hopefully a new luck before the year ends!!! As I will be in my 10 months waiting after the test month!! I am still holding my hope.. Wish you all a lucky December

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that CIC is getting applicant's consent to get CBSA records, are past UAE residents still in trouble?

I moved to Canada in 2011 and had a valid UAE visa until May 2013. Though it gets deactivated if you don't re-enter UAE within 6 months of exit, I went there once after getting the same visa activated. Cancelled it in 2012 and visited another three times on visit visas. (My husband's company is headquartered there. He visits frequently and so do I, during the kids' holidays.)

Have the cancellation paper as well as visit visas and e-tickets.

Recently got the entry/exit record (based on the expired and cancelled resident visa) which is in Arabic and includes countries I've never visited like New Zealand and Tuamotu Island. Also, the period is 2001 to 2012.

Trying to get it again based on the passport issued in 2010 now so it would cover the application period (2011-2015). If I get it, it would also eliminate the aforementioned countries.

All the same, a major worrying factor.

Would love to hear the experiences of current applicants in similar circumstances.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspat said:
Now that CIC is getting applicant's consent to get CBSA records, are past UAE residents still in trouble?

I moved to Canada in 2011 and had a valid UAE visa until May 2013. Though it gets deactivated if you don't re-enter UAE within 6 months of exit, I went there once after getting the same visa activated. Cancelled it in 2012 and visited another three times on visit visas. (My husband's company is headquartered there. He visits frequently and so do I, during the kids' holidays.)

Have the cancellation paper as well as visit visas and e-tickets.

Recently got the entry/exit record (based on the expired and cancelled resident visa) which is in Arabic and includes countries I've never visited like New Zealand and Tuamotu Island. Also, the period is 2001 to 2012.

Trying to get it again based on the passport issued in 2010 now so it would cover the application period (2011-2015). If I get it, it would also eliminate the aforementioned countries.

All the same, a major worrying factor.

Would love to hear the experiences of current applicants in similar circumstances.
Your previous permanent resident status and your frequent visits clearly show you have ties to UAE that you most likely will not abandon in the short term. In my opinion you are a good example of people who immigrate to Canada and stay few years to obtain citizenship and move back to UAE. You are not breaking any laws but if I were you I would expect an RQ, chances are moderate to high. Your husband's job being based in UAE will not help your case either. I am assuming by "he visits frequently" he is not actually visiting, more like working there. Your stay in Canada is obviously temporary and this is why you will most likely receive an RQ.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Your previous permanent resident status and your frequent visits clearly show you have ties to UAE that you most likely will not abandon in the short term. In my opinion you are a good example of people who immigrate to Canada and stay few years to obtain citizenship and move back to UAE. You are not breaking any laws but if I were you I would expect an RQ, chances are moderate to high. Your husband's job being based in UAE will not help your case either. I am assuming by "he visits frequently" he is not actually visiting, more like working there. Your stay in Canada is obviously temporary and this is why you will most likely receoive an RQ.
Clearly a case of judgement based purely on speculation, stemming from one's vivid and overactive imagination.

I lived in the Middle East for over 15 years, so of course I have ties, namely family and friends. And I have absolutely no intentions of abandoning them. Ever.

I have my parents and in-laws and close friends living in India. Am I supposed to turn my back on them because I moved to Canada?

Is that what Canadian Citizenship entails?

My husband 'visits frequently' because his company headquarters is in UAE. It's a multinational company and his job takes him around the world, not just the UAE. (I'm sure Canada would find that infinitely preferable to us living on handouts from the government). That's not to say he is devious and out to hoodwink the Canadian authorities.

On this forum to share experiences and receive guidance from members in a similar situation, trying to avoid unwarranted hassles while going about acquiring citizenship legitimately. Thank you, but I do not really require anyone's unsolicited opinion or stamp of approval with regard to our possible future course of action.

Having said that, we intend to remain in Canada long after 'people like you' have left the country, seeking greener pastures elsewhere. In which case, let me wish you the very best.

And please remember that no one likes their integrity being questioned. I'm sure that includes you.

Have a wonderful day!

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I hope someone can help. I got my PR in oct 2008, left country in nov 2008 and came back to canada in april 2011. All this while every time my UAE resident visa(fathers sponsorship) has been valid, if it expired i would renew it. Now i am ready to apply for my citizenship and my uae residence visa is still valid. Is this an issue?? i have all exit entry stamps and recently renewed my Canadian PR card as it had expired.

please help

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Aspat said:
Clearly a case of judgement based purely on speculation, stemming from one's vivid and overactive imagination.

I lived in the Middle East for over 15 years, so of course I have ties, namely family and friends. And I have absolutely no intentions of abandoning them. Ever.

I have my parents and in-laws and close friends living in India. Am I supposed to turn my back on them because I moved to Canada?

Is that what Canadian Citizenship entails?

My husband 'visits frequently' because his company headquarters is in UAE. It's a multinational company and his job takes him around the world, not just the UAE. (I'm sure Canada would find that infinitely preferable to us living on handouts from the government). That's not to say he is devious and out to hoodwink the Canadian authorities.

On this forum to share experiences and receive guidance from members in a similar situation, trying to avoid unwarranted hassles while going about acquiring citizenship legitimately. Thank you, but I do not really require anyone's unsolicited opinion or stamp of approval with regard to our possible future course of action.

Having said that, we intend to remain in Canada long after 'people like you' have left the country, seeking greener pastures elsewhere. In which case, let me wish you the very best.

And please remember that no one likes their integrity being questioned. I'm sure that includes you.

Have a wonderful day!
Having full travel record from UAE and all stamps in the passport for the last four years helps alot when you present them to the citizenship officer at the interview day,other factors that can help is working or studying most of the time in which you have some evidence of living here like for ex paystubs ,T4 slips,study transcripts also attending language community center schools for free where they provide you with attendance record,also visiting the doctor frequently