SamB21

Jun 10, 2019
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Hi,
I will be obtaining the RTA certificate today. However, I will be in Canada only by first week of November.
Will the certificate be valid until then? Please can someone advise on how long the RTA certificate is valid?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,
I will be obtaining the RTA certificate today. However, I will be in Canada only by first week of November.
Will the certificate be valid until then? Please can someone advise on how long the RTA certificate is valid?
Drive Test in Ontario is OK if the letter has been issued within the last 6 months

Reactions: SamB21

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Drive Test did not accept my RTA certificate last year :( The grumpy lady wanted a stamp. Tried to explain to her how it works, but she wouldn't listen.

Has anyone tried adding driving experience after getting their G2? Insurance rates are sucking the life out of me.

Syed Faizan Ali

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Drive Test did not accept my RTA certificate last year :( The grumpy lady wanted a stamp. Tried to explain to her how it works, but she wouldn't listen.

Has anyone tried adding driving experience after getting their G2? Insurance rates are sucking the life out of me.
You mean it needs to be attested by MOFA in UAE?

Ratan983

Sep 26, 2019
I have fujairah licence how i can get driving experience certificate bcz im living in dubai can i go rta office to get it by hand bcz onlyn its showing some prob plz reply me soon bro thnku

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Hi!

UAE Licences need a letter from RTA (Driving experience letter) which can be downloaded from the Dubai Police app. With that document, you can easily apply for the G1 License at Drivetest.ca (pass a MCQ test of 20 questions). The license takes 10 days to arrive to your postal address. Once you pass the test, you immediately get a document which allows you to set up a G test appointment straightaway (provided they have appointments).

The above GN article implies that you do not need an international license anymore. The international DL was anyway a redundant document which is simply a translated booklet and not an actual license. the UAE DL is in English and Arabic and most countries recognize it as valid proof while renting a vehicle or otherwise.

P.S.: You can drive for 3 months on your UAE license when you first arrive.
Hi, I just opened Dubai police website, but I was not able to find ‘Dubai driving experience’ letter. Could you please share the link.

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Not sure if you have got feedback on your queries before...
You cannot exchange UAE driving with Canadian driving license https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence

-If your driving license is relatively new, you will be required to appear for G1(knowledge test) - G2(intermediate lic. - road test required (you can only take this test once you complete full 1 year on your license)). https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence#section-2(Ref: Under 2 years driving experience (no exchange))
-If you are driving license is 2+ years, you will be required to appear for G1 and then you can appear for a G (main license - road test(incl highway) required) ((Ref: 2+ years driving experience (no exchange))

You should order a UAE driving license history. You can use the RTA website/smart app to do that., if you are in Dubai. You may need to get it attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai(they have a branch in Al Manara Municipality building on SZR) and carry it along when you move to Canada. The original doc is required to be submitted at Drive Test locations(if you are moving to Ontario). this history/letter should not be more than 3 months old
You will need to bring in your original passport
Thank you, if you are outside country or already in Canada. I presume you can get the driving experience letter, how to get it attested MOFA, can it be done in Canada?

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Hi, I just opened Dubai police website, but I was not able to find ‘Dubai driving experience’ letter. Could you please share the link.
Its on the RTA website, not Dubai Police.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Thank you, if you are outside country or already in Canada. I presume you can get the driving experience letter, how to get it attested MOFA, can it be done in Canada?
I didnt get it attested from MoFA. Just original RTA letter printed in color, and original UAE license.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
You mean it needs to be attested by MOFA in UAE?
On the bottom of the RTA letter its mentioned that "this is an Ecertificate and doesnot need a stamp" they can verify the letter via the RTA website/app. There are some grumpy people in drivetest, but it needs to be explained to them. I didn't get it attested fro MoFA