+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Driving license acceptance in Canada April 2018

Nazdia

Nov 20, 2019
I just visited Mississauga DriveTest Branch today with my RTA Experience letter and Passport. For me they never asked for attestation and exempted for me G1 and G2 test. I have been told to take a knowledge test and appear for G class test which I would do this week.
Hi. Just wanted to know that did you provide your UAE license? Or they just accepted your experience letter and passport? And also was your license valid up until that point? Thanks for helping

Ash376

Jan 1, 2019
I am based in Dubai!

Will try to find a solution

Hi, I have a RAK license as well. And I am struggling to get the driver experience certificate. I called the RAK Department of Traffic and Licensing at 07 235 6666 and I don't know how to explain what I need. I got someone to go there and they said I had to call and speak to them and didn't allow my friend to enter the department due to COVID...no one answers on both numbers given to call...LOL...Can you please let me know how you managed to get your experience certificate and how? what did you ask for? and was it issued online?

Would seriously appreciate some help here! Thanks!

Ash376

Jan 1, 2019
To anyone who is still wondering how to do this in Abu Dhabi - the process is extremely simple. The entire process can be completed in the building called “vehicles and drivers licensing directorate” (Head to where you normally go to pass / renew your vehicles in Al Mushrif - opposite to mushrif mall—- inside this area there is a main building which is about 5 floors which has a comfortable parking area)

Steps
1. Inform reception on ground floor you need an experience certificate - they will ask you for which country and then you inform them it’s for Canada
2. Collect token from reception and wait for your turn
3. Go to counter and you will be asked to show your driving license for them to input details into system after which it’s returned to you. Next pay 150 aed and then the document will be given to you immediately.

You are done !

Hey Qubs, is this doable for licenses issued in RAK as well?

Reactions: RB@Winnipeg

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hello guys I know this is an old forum, I am on the same case, I can easily get a Driver Experience Record in RTA (Dubai), do we really need to authenticated and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai? Looking for your advice

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hello guys I know this is an old forum, I am on the same case, I can easily get a Driver Experience Record in RTA (Dubai), do we really need to authenticated and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai? Looking for your advice
You need a physical paper to be considered in Ontario. The e-certificate won't cut it.

jiyamathur0312

Aug 28, 2020
Go online to the RTA webiste: https://traffic.rta.ae/trfesrv/public_resources/public-access.do?switchLanguage=en and apply online. The email you back the driver history..
Get that driver history attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs(UAE) at MofA building in Bur Dubai or Al Manara Municipality building on Shk Zayed Rd.

Document should not be older than 6 months else it will not be accepted by the Driving Test Centers here in Canada

i got my license from Sharjah in UAE. However i never bought my own vehicle and used to drive rent on car occasionally. My license is valid till 2026, however when i am entering my details it shows no records on the given website. For sharjah is it different process? or is it only for people with the owner of any vehicle?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
i got my license from Sharjah in UAE. However i never bought my own vehicle and used to drive rent on car occasionally. My license is valid till 2026, however when i am entering my details it shows no records on the given website. For sharjah is it different process? or is it only for people with the owner of any vehicle?
RTA is part of Dubai government. If your license is from Sharjah, it probably won't show up on RTA's website.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
I didnt require anything other than the original license and they just browsed through the E-certificate. I didNOT have it stamped -ministry of FA. (I saved some AED here)
I was ready to tell them that they can authenticate the certificate in the app/link in the certificate below..but they didnot ask anything.

this is in Ontario/kitchener/london

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
I didnt require anything other than the original license and they just browsed through the E-certificate. I didNOT have it stamped -ministry of FA. (I saved some AED here)
I was ready to tell them that they can authenticate the certificate in the app/link in the certificate below..but they didnot ask anything.

this is in Ontario/kitchener/london
that's great to hear but have they credited your number of years of driving experience records in UAE to your new drivers license which will save you in insurance premiums?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello @jimshady @kabayan @bimale4bipeople

I am preparing for UAE driving test under Sharjah. My plan is to skip the one year wait between knowledge test and G1 driving test, so that I can get to G2 upon landing in Canada (after giving G1 knowledge test and G2 test). My UAE licence would be only few months old by the time I get to Canada. I can skip the one year wait between knowledge test and driving test for G2, right?

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
that's great to hear but have they credited your number of years of driving experience records in UAE to your new drivers license which will save you in insurance premiums?
Yes I got the experience to bypass the license test to directly G class.
The insurance companies dont care. I got my no insurance claims from Dubai but it doesnt matter here it wanst accepted here. They will quote you based on your license class, area you live, car, etc. But NT on no claims from dubai.
And insurance here sucks - very expensive compared to dubai.