+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Type of bank account for GIC transfer-NRE or Local account?

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
For transferring cash to scotia bank from india(visa application made from india)...can the transfer be done frm either my NRE account or local account...or is there any specific one required..

princekmasih

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
LANDED..........
29-12-2017
Could be done from any...

preethy.wils

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
any pros or cons for using an NRE account? Like if we don't go to canada (god forbid), when the cash is sent back from Scotia bank, will it remain as NRE cash itself or get converted to local cash ...anything of that sort?

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
preethy.wils said:
any pros or cons for using an NRE account? Like if we don't go to canada (god forbid), when the cash is sent back from Scotia bank, will it remain as NRE cash itself or get converted to local cash ...anything of that sort?
amount is refunded to same account from which it came and in the form in which it came. (scotia bank and your bank take care of this.)

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Hi All,

I just saw this thread as I was searching for the same query. To further elaborate, if anyone can help

I am staying in UAE since last 7 years and I have an NRE account in ICICI. I have to get GIC for canada study permit. I am planning from Scotia bank. So Can I transfer the funds to scotia bank using my NRE account from Dubai or I need to visit India for this.

Kindly help.
Thanks,
Abhijeet

karanveer0911

Oct 11, 2020
Hi
I have already applied from Oman with my NRE account in India , no issues!!
Can you guys tell if you know how much time it takes for student visa process from Gulf countries and has anyone applied for Jan 2021?

Azim Shaikh

Oct 28, 2020
Hi
I have already applied from Oman with my NRE account in India , no issues!!
Can you guys tell if you know how much time it takes for student visa process from Gulf countries and has anyone applied for Jan 2021?
I am also from Oman but going India to apply visa. It takes 20 week from Oman

Azim Shaikh

Oct 28, 2020
Are You Sure , I guess processing time is incorrect , here atleast i have given biometric
Hi Karanveer,

I just want to know after how many days of your visa application you gave your biometrics. As I am also planning to submit my file here atleast I can give biometrics but not in India. Covid 19 situation is getting worse so that is why I am thinking of it. Please let me know. Thank you in advance. Btw what is your status of visa. Did you receive it.

karanveer0911

Oct 11, 2020
Within two days of submission you will receive Biometric letter , and can give biometrics with next available appointment.
Further my file is still in process , cant say when it will be get visa. Also my college needs to be on DLI Covid list for Visa to process further.

Reactions: mukthar7702

Azim Shaikh

Oct 28, 2020
Thnx karan for the info. Hope so in next update your GBC will be on list. I am also applyinh from Oman and after that I will travel to India as I can get my Biometrics done here.