+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two separate online applications, one single transaction for fee.

patel21

Sep 19, 2018
I recently applied for Citizenship for me and my wife through online process.
But I forgot to make it a group application when I started with mine, and by mistake paid the citizenship fees for both me and my wife together combined in single transaction.
As I couldn't find a way to group the application after I submitted mine, I went ahead and submitted the application for my wife using the same fee receipt.

Would this raise any queries, should I contact IRCC and let them know about this beforehand.

Please help.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
One of two things may happen:

1. They might refund the 630$ for overpayment on your application and return your spouses application for for an insufficient funds on the receipt. Keep an eye for the returned application, once it is returned, pay 630$ with a new receipt and attach, and resubmit your spouses application. Once you resubmit, wait for AOR

2. They are clever, and apply the excess 630$ payment from your receipt to your spouses application and your spouse will receive and AOR... If this is the case you are all set!

Reactions: patel21

patel21

Sep 19, 2018
One of two things may happen:

1. They might refund the 630$ for overpayment on your application and return your spouses application for for an insufficient funds on the receipt. Keep an eye for the returned application, once it is returned, pay 630$ with a new receipt and attach, and resubmit your spouses application. Once you resubmit, wait for AOR

2. They are clever, and apply the excess 630$ payment from your receipt to your spouses application and your spouse will receive and AOR... If this is the case you are all set!
Ok so I just wait and watch. Any other suggestion to preemptively clear this by communicating it with someone in ircc ?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

patel21

Sep 19, 2018
Just to close this thread and for future viewers. They applied the excess$630 to my wife's application and I didn't need to do anything.

Reactions: forw.jane