+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More degrees

ahmedmeissa

Jul 25, 2016
Lotus_01 said:
Hello,

They have removed just the option "Two or more" degrees from Express Entry profile. Still, if you are eligible for two are more , you will get 128 or 119 depending on your marital status.

You have to add each credential and choose the corresponding Canadian equivalency. System will assign points automatically. Pay attention and find out which category each of your credential falls under from the EQUIVALENCY.

Let me explain further. I am a single applicant, had diploma and a bachelors degree. I was wondering like you what happened to the "Two or more" option and corresponding points since that will affect my OINP application.

My diploma's Canadian equivalency is "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" which comes under the category of "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

My bachelor's Canadian equivalency is "Bachelor's degree (four years)" which comes under the category of "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

These two satisfies the condition of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." which is

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

By sections they mean all of these

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

except

Secondary school (high school diploma)

So, in all, if you have a credential equivalency that is three or more years and your second credential falls under one of those categories (except Secondary school (high school diploma)), you are eligible to receive points equivalent to "Two or more"

I am getting 128 points.

Hope this helps :)
Hi Lotus,

Thank you for your comprehensive reply.

As per my credential assessment report, my Canadian equivalency are Bachelor degree (4 years) and a postgraduate diploma (one semester),
As per the description on the comprehensive ranking system page I am eligible because my bachelor degree is more than three years. However, the equivalency of my postgraduate diploma is one semester and thus I am not able to choose "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"
Do you have any thoughts?

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gentlemen,

Same issue discussed in this post
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/crs-score-issue-t469534.0.html

Looks like we have a bug and we all need to reach out to technical desk

sudipsengupta

Jun 19, 2017
Switzerland
Hi Lotus,

Thank you for your comprehensive reply.

As per my credential assessment report, my Canadian equivalency are Bachelor degree (4 years) and a postgraduate diploma (one semester),
As per the description on the comprehensive ranking system page I am eligible because my bachelor degree is more than three years. However, the equivalency of my postgraduate diploma is one semester and thus I am not able to choose "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"
Do you have any thoughts?
Hi Guys,
As per my WES credential assessment report, they have evaluated it as Bachelor degree (4 years) and a postgraduate diploma (one semester) in summary. Can you let me know if I can record this as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years". My concern is for postgraduate diploma is one semester should I choose "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute". This seems strange and my current CRS score of 402 will then come down below 380 if I remove the post graduate diploma from my profile. I searched across many threads but dont know still what the guys did who faced this problem.

Many thanks and would be eager to get some help on this from you guys.

Regards,
Sudip

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
any udpate on this guys?

mine is Four years bachelors degree plus Postgraduate certificate(One semester), not sure whether i can select two or certificates.

Aherman

Aug 12, 2017
I have associate degree from community college in the US. I transferred to university, and I will graduate with a bachelor degree this December. I transferred 64 credits from community college to university, & I will have 58 credits from the university to get my bachelor degree. Do I qualified for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" to get more points in my EE application?

I am really confused about this this education assessment part. If anyone has the similar education background in the US, I need your help to get information. Thank you advance!

trinadh93

Jan 6, 2018
Hello,

They have removed just the option "Two or more" degrees from Express Entry profile. Still, if you are eligible for two are more (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp - very important to understand this), you will get 128 or 119 depending on your marital status.

You have to add each credential and choose the corresponding Canadian equivalency. System will assign points automatically. Pay attention and find out which category each of your credential falls under from the EQUIVALENCY.

Let me explain further. I am a single applicant, had diploma and a bachelors degree. I was wondering like you what happened to the "Two or more" option and corresponding points since that will affect my OINP application.

My diploma's Canadian equivalency is "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" which comes under the category of "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

My bachelor's Canadian equivalency is "Bachelor's degree (four years)" which comes under the category of "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

These two satisfies the condition of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." which is

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

By sections they mean all of these

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

except

Secondary school (high school diploma)

So, in all, if you have a credential equivalency that is three or more years and your second credential falls under one of those categories (except Secondary school (high school diploma)), you are eligible to receive points equivalent to "Two or more"

I am getting 128 points.

Hope this helps :)
Hi Everyone,

I am Trinadh from India. I have a doubt related to "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." option.

After my Secondary (high school) education, I did my Polytechnic Diploma(3 years) and later did my Engineering(I got direct admission to 2nd year of 4 years Engineering course since I have Polytechnic Diploma).

So, my education is 10 + Diploma (3 years) + Engineering (3 years) = 16 years.

I just sent my Engineering(B.Tech) and Polytechnic Diploma transcripts to WES Canada and waiting to get my ECA Report.

I Would like to know whether I can choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years", while filling the Express Entry Profile so that I can get a good CRS score.

Need suggestion from seniors.

Regards,
Trinadh

Sher001

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
IELTS Request
10-08-2018 IELTS S:8 L:8.5 R:7.5 W: 7.5
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-09-2018
I h
I have associate degree from community college in the US. I transferred to university, and I will graduate with a bachelor degree this December. I transferred 64 credits from community college to university, & I will have 58 credits from the university to get my bachelor degree. Do I qualified for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" to get more points in my EE application?

I am really confused about this this education assessment part. If anyone has the similar education background in the US, I need your help to get information. Thank you advance!
I have the same issue. Did you get an answer or resolution?

Sher001

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
IELTS Request
10-08-2018 IELTS S:8 L:8.5 R:7.5 W: 7.5
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-09-2018
Hi Guys,
As per my WES credential assessment report, they have evaluated it as Bachelor degree (4 years) and a postgraduate diploma (one semester) in summary. Can you let me know if I can record this as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years". My concern is for postgraduate diploma is one semester should I choose "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute". This seems strange and my current CRS score of 402 will then come down below 380 if I remove the post graduate diploma from my profile. I searched across many threads but dont know still what the guys did who faced this problem.

Many thanks and would be eager to get some help on this from you guys.

Regards,
Sudip

Your post graduate diploma did you get it evaluated? Was it accepted as a one year diploma? If yes you can choose the 'two certtificates' option which give a you more points than just choosing a bachelor