+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More degrees

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
cpsingh said:
Simple : just put what your ECA says. Your above inputs are correct if your ECA says the same.

Another thing.... one would get 8 points for spouse if he/she is evaluated as bachelor' degree for 2,3 degrees as on date (since the option of two or more degree has been removed).

will get 8 even if u put 1 bachelor + 1 one year program
Will get 8 even if you only have 1 bachelor degree..

Hence having 2 degrees are not fetching any more points.
So the CRS Calculator is wrong? Because per this, 2 or more degree (1 Bachelor + 1 PG Diploma) does indeed give 9.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Googliya said:
So the CRS Calculator is wrong? Because per this, 2 or more degree (1 Bachelor + 1 PG Diploma) does indeed give 9.
The CRS calculator should be updated. I reported technical ossue on EE form that this option is missing & CIC replied that this is as per changes post 19th Nov.

You may try to report technical issue on CRS calculator & probably you may get some response on that as well. But the truth is whatever CRS calculator may say, the final remains what EE form says. & currently no one is getting 9 points for bachelor for something else

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Just realised, you don't get 2 or more if one is a master's. A master's superceded a degree. You would only get it for the two or more if you did a degree and a 1 year diploma. That's why.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
Artorius said:
I think i will live with one point reduction. Waiting now @483 CRS. Thank you for the insight guys!!
I wish i could have said that :(
with 452 points, every point can be decisive!!!

venki497

Apr 4, 2015
My spouse education is in the same boat. I got 9 points for her education. How does this point reduction effect post ITA, i got invitation @470 which is the cutoff score. Now while filling PR application , i dont see option of 2 or more degrees.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venki497 said:
My spouse education is in the same boat. I got 9 points for her education. How does this point reduction effect post ITA, i got invitation @470 which is the cutoff score. Now while filling PR application , i dont see option of 2 or more degrees.
If you got your ITA pre-19th Nov, then you need not be worried and can go ahead with filling the application further.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonarch said:
b com 2 years
MA 2 years
MBA 3 years
How many points could i get from these degrees??
If your degrees are recognized by WES, then you will get only for the highest attained once (MBA in your case).
Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp how many points you will get.

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
So what's the final verdict guys? I am in same situation, where my wife has two or more degrees (bachelor and one year diploma), but she is getting 8 points instead of 9 shown in the calculator. Will I get 9 points? Ministerial instructions still show 9 points for two or more degrees.

Ajaychhabra79

Dec 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 mar 2017
AOR Received.
3 mar 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
I am having similar issue.
My wife edu equivalency is 4 yrs bachelor
and 1 year pg diploma. But i am getting only 8 points
in EE profile.
Please help

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

I have a bachelors degree from India and Master of Science degree from US. I started my application in mid December of Express Entry and then realized I need to have WES evaluation done before I can complete my profile.

So I registered in WES website where I have provided both Bachelor degree details and Masters degree details and had universities send required documents to them by December 27th. Now I am reading bad reviews on WES, saying they take a long time to get them back.

My Question is, do we need both bachelors and masters ECA for Express entry? if Highest degree ECA is good enough, I am willing to approach a different organization to get my ECA done as I have 475 points and I dont want to wait more and loose my chances. What do you suggest? What is a way to get WES report earlier?

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I missed ITA just because IRCC removed this option of "Two or more... "
I should had been at 468 with that 1 single extra point that we get from "two or more..." in spouse education...

Lotus_01

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

They have removed just the option "Two or more" degrees from Express Entry profile. Still, if you are eligible for two are more (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp - very important to understand this), you will get 128 or 119 depending on your marital status.

You have to add each credential and choose the corresponding Canadian equivalency. System will assign points automatically. Pay attention and find out which category each of your credential falls under from the EQUIVALENCY.

Let me explain further. I am a single applicant, had diploma and a bachelors degree. I was wondering like you what happened to the "Two or more" option and corresponding points since that will affect my OINP application.

My diploma's Canadian equivalency is "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" which comes under the category of "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

My bachelor's Canadian equivalency is "Bachelor's degree (four years)" which comes under the category of "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

These two satisfies the condition of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." which is

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

By sections they mean all of these

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

except

Secondary school (high school diploma)

So, in all, if you have a credential equivalency that is three or more years and your second credential falls under one of those categories (except Secondary school (high school diploma)), you are eligible to receive points equivalent to "Two or more"

I am getting 128 points.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: trinadh93

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
The primary applicant's points are correctly reflected. It's the spouse's points where the issue is

Lotus_01 said:
Hello,

They have removed just the option "Two or more" degrees from Express Entry profile. Still, if you are eligible for two are more (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp - very important to understand this), you will get 128 or 119 depending on your marital status.

You have to add each credential and choose the corresponding Canadian equivalency. System will assign points automatically. Pay attention and find out which category each of your credential falls under from the EQUIVALENCY.

Let me explain further. I am a single applicant, had diploma and a bachelors degree. I was wondering like you what happened to the "Two or more" option and corresponding points since that will affect my OINP application.

My diploma's Canadian equivalency is "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)" which comes under the category of "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

My bachelor's Canadian equivalency is "Bachelor's degree (four years)" which comes under the category of "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

These two satisfies the condition of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." which is

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

By sections they mean all of these

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

except

Secondary school (high school diploma)

So, in all, if you have a credential equivalency that is three or more years and your second credential falls under one of those categories (except Secondary school (high school diploma)), you are eligible to receive points equivalent to "Two or more"

I am getting 128 points.

Hope this helps :)