+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More degrees

jamesls1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok I just want to give some closure on this thread / question (in my circumstance at least)...

I selected Bachelor's for my bachelor's degree and I selected "One-year program at a university" for my PG diploma. I submitted it and when the update was processed (in about 5 mins) the points remained at 463.

Therefore labelling a PG diploma as a one-year is still good and won't lose points. However you need to make the update ASAP because it was telling me my profile was incomplete, and therefore I probably wouldn't have got an invite. Now it is fully complete.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
jamesls1 said:
Ok I just want to give some closure on this thread / question (in my circumstance at least)...

I selected Bachelor's for my bachelor's degree and I selected "One-year program at a university" for my PG diploma. I submitted it and when the update was processed (in about 5 mins) the points remained at 463.

Therefore labelling a PG diploma as a one-year is still good and won't lose points. However you need to make the update ASAP because it was telling me my profile was incomplete, and therefore I probably wouldn't have got an invite. Now it is fully complete.
This is what all the other threads are telling people. Selecting 1 year post secondary could be a master's or a certificate. Combining it with a three year degree will automatically add up to 2 qualifications.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
jamesls1 said:
Thanks for your help Kryton. I couldn't find the other threads.
Please recheck your score as they reflect only after a day. In my case, CRS Calculator gives more score when i choose 2 degrees. Actual points are less in EE Profile when i add Bachelors degree and 1 year university.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Googliya said:
Please recheck your score as they reflect only after a day. In my case, CRS Calculator gives more score when i choose 2 degrees. Actual points are less in EE Profile when i add Bachelors degree and 1 year university.
Scores update within 24 hours from the time you transmit the information. The most common error appears to be with people answering "Yes" to the question about half the program being English/French courses. The answer to that question is "No" unless one actually spent half (or more) of their time learning English/French.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Scores update within 24 hours from the time you transmit the information. The most common error appears to be with people answering "Yes" to the question about half the program being English/French courses. The answer to that question is "No" unless one actually spent half (or more) of their time learning English/French.
Hi Asivad,

WES evaluated courses as "Bachelor degree & Bachelor degree". I updated my profile to (Bachelor degree + 1 year course[as many people above suggest to do that]) and after 5 minutes on EE page it changed from "Processing update" to "Check & read status messages" and it still showed same score( as that on BD + BD on EE profile)

If in EE Profile, I select "Bachelor degree & 1 year program", then
(1) It actually means I am giving false information to CIC
(2) It does not fetches me more marks (because Bachelor degree still remains higher as compared to 1 year course).

Do you still think that I should wait for 24 hours to reflect actual points ?

This comment of yours should only be valid if it shows "processing update" because there is no way we can check our scores when the application shows "Processing update".

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cpsingh said:
Hi Asivad,

WES evaluated courses as "Bachelor degree & Bachelor degree". I updated my profile to (Bachelor degree + 1 year course[as many people above suggest to do that]) and after 5 minutes on EE page it changed from "Processing update" to "Check & read status messages" and it still showed same score( as that on BD + BD on EE profile)

If in EE Profile, I select "Bachelor degree & 1 year program", then
(1) It actually means I am giving false information to CIC
(2) It does not fetches me more marks (because Bachelor degree still remains higher as compared to 1 year course).

Do you still think that I should wait for 24 hours to reflect actual points ?

This comment of yours should only be valid if it shows "processing update" because there is no way we can check our scores when the application shows "Processing update".
Two things.

1. The score updates within 24 hours from the time these changes are transmitted. "Processing update" is a temporary status and won't impact your score increase.

2. The 'overall equivalency' on an ECA report is no longer important. One must choose appropriately for each individual degree/certificate/diploma based on the individual equivalency mentioned in the ECA report. In your case, I presume that both your courses have been assessed individually and independently as 'Bachelors degree'. Hence you must choose 'Bachelors degree' for both those courses in your EE application NOT '1 year program' for either one of them.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Two things.

1. The score updates within 24 hours from the time these changes are transmitted. "Processing update" is a temporary status and won't impact your score increase.

2. The 'overall equivalency' on an ECA report is no longer important. One must choose appropriately for each individual degree/certificate/diploma based on the individual equivalency mentioned in the ECA report. In your case, I presume that both your courses have been assessed individually and independently as 'Bachelors degree'. Hence you must choose 'Bachelors degree' for both those courses in your EE application NOT '1 year program' for either one of them.
Thanks for the same pinch...

Artorius

Jun 19, 2015
I have a similar issue my spouse has a bachelors and 1 yr post grad degree as evaluated by WES.

My entries in the her education section are

1. One year program at university or college
2. bachelors degree

In CRS tool i get 9 points for two or more and now i get 8 points on my EE profile.

Not sure if this is Glitch or i am doing something incorrect in the entries.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Artorius said:
I have a similar issue my spouse has a bachelors and 1 yr post grad degree as evaluated by WES.

My entries in the her education section are

1. One year program at university or college
2. bachelors degree

In CRS tool i get 9 points for two or more and now i get 8 points on my EE profile.

Not sure if this is Glitch or i am doing something incorrect in the entries.
Probably doing something wrong. It is working for everyone else. Recheck your answers to all the questions in Study section, transmit updates, wait 24 hours and check the score.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Probably doing something wrong. It is working for everyone else. Recheck your answers to all the questions in Study section, transmit updates, wait 24 hours and check the score.
I have the exact same issue. CRS calculator gives my spouse 9 points but the EE profile only awards 8. The difference between my answers are that CRS calculator has the option of '2 or more degrees at least one of which is more than 3 years. In EE Profile, i had to include 2 lines - 1 for bachelor degree and other for 1 year course. this gives me only 8 points. cant figure out if i am doing anything wrong or its a glitch :( :'(

Artorius

Jun 19, 2015
So this what i have include on the education details of my spouse:

Line: 1
Has xxxxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? - Yes
Field of study - Applied Science
Start Date - 2007 June to 2009 June
Complete/full academic years - 2
Full-time/part-time study – Full time
Standing at the end of study period – Certificate or diploma or degree awarded
Country of study
City
Name of School & Institution –
Level of Education – Master’s degree
Was a canadian degree awarded - no
Has an ECA been done in the past 5 years - Yes
ECA Date
ECA Certificate Number
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean.
One year Program at University College, trade or technical school or other institutes

Line: 2
Has xxxxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? - Yes
Start Date - 2004 June to 2007 June
Complete/full academic years - 3
Country of study
City
Level of Education –Bachelor’s degree
ECA Date
ECA Certificate Number
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean.
Bachelor’s Degree or three or more year program at university, college

I am not sure if there is a mistake. Let me know. Thank you for your help.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
Artorius said:

Country of study
City
ECA Date
ECA Certificate Number
One year Program at University College, trade or technical school or other institutes

Country of study
City
ECA Date
ECA Certificate Number

Almost identical to my case. Let's hope if any helpful member can point us in the right direction. Thanks!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Just realised, you don't get 2 or more if one is a master's. A master's superceded a degree. You would only get it for the two or more if you did a degree and a 1 year diploma. That's why :)

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Artorius said:

Country of study
City
ECA Date
ECA Certificate Number

Country of study
City
ECA Date
ECA Certificate Number

Artorius said:

Country of study
City
ECA Date
ECA Certificate Number

Country of study
City
ECA Date
ECA Certificate Number

Simple : just put what your ECA says. Your above inputs are correct if your ECA says the same.

Another thing.... one would get 8 points for spouse if he/she is evaluated as bachelor' degree for 2,3 degrees as on date (since the option of two or more degree has been removed).

will get 8 even if u put 1 bachelor + 1 one year program
Will get 8 even if you only have 1 bachelor degree..

Hence having 2 degrees are not fetching any more points.