+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degree, certificates or diploma:(:(:(:(SOMEONE HELP

Aug 20, 2018
Hi all,
Need urgent help!
My bachelor of science (3 years course) from India got evaluated as a 4 years course as per Candian equivalency, however, my Master of Science degree from an Indian university got evaluated as a post-graduate diploma(1-year equivalency). And, this makes me unable to claim points for the Master's degree option.
I also have a Master of Philosophy degree which I couldn't get evaluated earlier due to some circumstances, however, given the current situation, I'm thinking it would be wiser to get that evaluated as well.
Has anyone here been in a similar situation? Can we add credentials to an already completed WES evaluation and use the new evaluation as the basis for the further application?
Also, my agent said that I can not claim points for "Two or more degree/diplomas", because the Master's degree didn't get evaluated as masters or bachelors degree as per Canadian equivalency.
Any help on this would be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Sanjeev

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi all,
Need urgent help!
My bachelor of science (3 years course) from India got evaluated as a 4 years course as per Candian equivalency, however, my Master of Science degree from an Indian university got evaluated as a post-graduate diploma(1-year equivalency). And, this makes me unable to claim points for the Master's degree option.
I also have a Master of Philosophy degree which I couldn't get evaluated earlier due to some circumstances, however, given the current situation, I'm thinking it would be wiser to get that evaluated as well.
Has anyone here been in a similar situation? Can we add credentials to an already completed WES evaluation and use the new evaluation as the basis for the further application?
Also, my agent said that I can not claim points for "Two or more degree/diplomas", because the Master's degree didn't get evaluated as masters or bachelors degree as per Canadian equivalency.
Any help on this would be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Sanjeev
No your masters got evaluated as a one year diploma which along with a bachelor ECA will give you points for 2 or more.
What was your bachelor evaluated as? Did they write 4 year bachelor?

Aug 20, 2018
No your masters got evaluated as a one year diploma which along with a bachelor ECA will give you points for 2 or more.
What was your bachelor evaluated as? Did they write 4 year bachelor?
Yes, my bachelors was evaluated as a 4 years Canadian equivalent course.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
then you will be able to claim points for two degrees/diplomas or more option.
but if you also wanted to claim points for the M.Phil degree, I'd suggest you contact WES and see if they can upgrade your report with the evaluation of this. most likely they're gonna ask you to pay additional but its worth a shot if you can get a chance to claim points for masters.
You could also evaluate it using the free online tool WES provides to see if they'd accept it as masters prior to contacting them as well.
https://www.wes.org/ca/wes-tools/

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Check if points are enough then. If so getting that additional eca wont do much but have you spend some money

Aug 20, 2018
W
then you will be able to claim points for two degrees/diplomas or more option.
but if you also wanted to claim points for the M.Phil degree, I'd suggest you contact WES and see if they can upgrade your report with the evaluation of this. most likely they're gonna ask you to pay additional but its worth a shot if you can get a chance to claim points for masters.
You could also evaluate it using the free online tool WES provides to see if they'd accept it as masters prior to contacting them as well.
https://www.wes.org/ca/wes-tools/
WES isn't very reaponsive when it comes down to claims. I have already messaged them asking about the reason behind evaluating my Masters as a post graduate diploma, however, no reply yet.

I did check my MPhil's equivalency through their free tool and it came back as masters equivalent.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
W

WES isn't very reaponsive when it comes down to claims. I have already messaged them asking about the reason behind evaluating my Masters as a post graduate diploma, however, no reply yet.

I did check my MPhil's equivalency through their free tool and it came back as masters equivalent.
It just is. Not all diplommas are treated equally.

Reactions: viki1805

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
W

well if the tool says its masters equivalent you should make a decision if you want to pay and get those additional points for masters or not. it just depends on what your CRS score currently is.