Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Perfect! So this means that someone with a Bachelors degree and a post-school diploma (in contrast with a post-Bachelors diploma) can select 'Two or more...' option. But that seems completely illogical because people like Sita1987 themselves who have 2 post-school degrees are unable to claim this option!
The problem in case of people with "one year graduate study" was it being not a complete degree/diploma/certificate in itself.
And since when do we consider things with CIC to be logical 8) just look at the cases of rejection by CIC completely illogical..rather than asking someone for extra proof or document they simply choose to "reject" the entire application.
And look at the new additions in this CIC page for IQAS AND ICES assessments apparently "one year graduate study" in an ECA from IQAS and ICES is eligible for two or more degrees!! (refering to the footnotes here)

wasifhussain

Sep 11, 2015
Hi:

Can any body help me on following two queries:

1) elaborate term "Certificate". For instance I am a Project Management Certified from PMI. Will this help me to fall in the category of 2 degree/certificate. I already have ECA from WES equivalent to 4 year bachelor degree.

2) Can I submit 2 or more applications in express entry pool. One with spouse and other without spouse. There is a difference of 10 points which can ultimately make the difference.

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wasifhussain said:
Hi:

Can any body help me on following two queries:

1) elaborate term "Certificate". For instance I am a Project Management Certified from PMI. Will this help me to fall in the category of 2 degree/certificate. I already have ECA from WES equivalent to 4 year bachelor degree.

Only formal educational degrees/diplomas/certificates which are assessed by mandated accreditation agencies as equivalent to Canadian standards would do. Professional certifications aren't included.

2) Can I submit 2 or more applications in express entry pool. One with spouse and other without spouse. There is a difference of 10 points which can ultimately make the difference.

Yes. But you cannot submit the application without mentioning your spouse - that would be misrepresentation. You can classify your spouse as 'not accompanying' though. But if you get a PR based on that application, your spouse will not be able to get PR status along with you, you will have to separately get them over on family class sponsorship route - that can take anywhere from 18 to 24 months.

Regards

wasifhussain

Sep 11, 2015
Thanks for answers.

Once you are logged in MyCIC, I don't see any option to create a new application, one of my application is submitted and valid till mid next year. In this I mentioned my spouse will accompany me.

In case I want to create additional application with almost all same data except spouse to accompany, will add 10 points to me at the moment as her credentials and language test are still pending.

Could you help me on this?

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wasifhussain said:
Thanks for answers.

Once you are logged in MyCIC, I don't see any option to create a new application, one of my application is submitted and valid till mid next year. In this I mentioned my spouse will accompany me.

In case I want to create additional application with almost all same data except spouse to accompany, will add 10 points to me at the moment as her credentials and language test are still pending.

Could you help me on this?

Regards
Try updating your existing profile - I'm not sure where one can choose to mark spouse as 'not accompanying'. If that doesn't work for some reason, recommend that you withdraw your existing profile and create a fresh profile and mark spouse as 'not accompanying' upfront while creating this new application.

Vpat91

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys so my sister has a ECA bachelors 3 year equivalency + one year post graduate certificate in behavioural therapy from canada. I selected bachelors in the first dropdown what should i select in the second one where i mention the post graduate certificate ???
Should i go for "two or more certificates" since my agent says i should select "one year certificate" and hence my points go down

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Perfect! So this means that someone with a Bachelors degree and a post-school diploma (in contrast with a post-Bachelors diploma) can select 'Two or more...' option. But that seems completely illogical because people like Sita1987 themselves who have 2 post-school degrees are unable to claim this option!
Asivad why is post school diploma differently considered from a post bachelor's diploma. I have currently only evaluated my Bachelor's degree but also have a post graduate diploma which I am getting evaluated.

jaya77

Jul 20, 2015
Hi All,

I have a question here, Can i select Two or more Degree with my below qualification, as i see fee contradicting statements here.

All my Qualifications are from India:

1) SSC - Secondary Education (10th)
2) Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering - 3 Years Course
3) Engineering in Electrical and Electronics - 4 years course but 3 years for me as i am lateral entry student to Engineering due to my diploma qualification ie: direct admission to 2nd year in engineering.

My Question: Should i bee selecting Bachelor qualification or Two or more degree options. Please advise.

Did anyone in the forum has same qualification and if yes what was there ECA result and what is option selected in CIC. Please share it.

Regards,
Jaya

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
Asivad why is post school diploma differently considered from a post bachelor's diploma. I have currently only evaluated my Bachelor's degree but also have a post graduate diploma which I am getting evaluated.
A post secondary diploma isn't nearly the same as a post bachelors (postgraduate) diploma which, in some cases, is almost equivalent to a Masters degree. And one gets the opportunity to score the highest points under Skills Transferability if one has a PhD/Masters/Bachelors + Postgraduate diploma/degree/certificate.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Asivad Anac said:
A post secondary diploma isn't nearly the same as a post bachelors (postgraduate) diploma which, in some cases, is almost equivalent to a Masters degree. And one gets the opportunity to score the highest points under Skills Transferability if one has a PhD/Masters/Bachelors + Postgraduate diploma/degree/certificate.
Ok So you are saying, if I get my PG diploma successfully evaluated, I can go for two or more degrees plus use it for the skills transferability points.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
Ok So you are saying, if I get my PG diploma successfully evaluated, I can go for two or more degrees plus use it for the skills transferability points.
If your PG diploma is from Canada, you don't need to assess that. If it is from another country, you need to get it assessed and you can choose '2 or more...' option if you also have your Bachelors degree assessed.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Asivad Anac said:
If your PG diploma is from Canada, you don't need to assess that. If it is from another country, you need to get it assessed and you can choose '2 or more...' option if you also have your Bachelors degree assessed.
Yes it is from India. I already got my Bachelors degree evaluated. I shall go in for the evaluation upgrade once I receive my transcripts. Have been waiting almost a month for them :(

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have 3 year diploma in Canada.
plus 3 year diploma from India that i got Evaluation as
WES ECA: Two year diploma (Secondary and Secondary diploma two years)

i selected choose Two or more.... option. Is that correct?

Could please someone correct me if i m wrong.

Thanks in advance.