10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
For India PG Diploma only:

Postgraduate Diplomas (PGDip) within the university sector almost always require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree for admission. However, this may not be the case with non-university institutions. Programs range from six months to two years, although most require one year of full-time study. PGDip programs are generally professionally oriented. The Association of Indian Universities recognizes Post Graduate Diplomas in Management (PGDM) from a small number of non-university institutions as equivalent to an MBA from an Indian university

Source: http://www.wes.org/educators/pdf/IndiaPolicyPacket.pdf

oscarborged

Feb 3, 2016
Sita1987 said:
@Kaulvirus and Asivad

As I pointed out and shared with forum members previously too, indeed I received a reply from CIC after raising a CSE with them regarding the confusion over "one year graduate study" Though I didn't receive a satisfactory reply for my query, let me share the reply from CIC (the exact words)

Dear Client,

Candidates who have two or more post-secondary program credentials would earn points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for their highest level of education only. If the credentials are at the same level (e.g., two bachelor's degrees), then candidates can select the appropriate level of education for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” when completing their profile. CRS points for education are awarded only to those who have a Canadian credential or an educational credential assessment (ECA). Note that points will not be awarded to any educational program that is not completed or if no certificate, diploma or degree was awarded.

For example, a candidate with:

- a bachelor's degree from a non-Canadian university and a master's degree from a Canadian university should choose the Master's level of education in their profile. An ECA is not required for the bachelor's degree as no points will be awarded for that degree.
- a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the Master's level of education. The master's degree needs to have an ECA.
- a one-year post-secondary diploma and a four-year bachelor's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” level of education. Both the diploma and the degree need to have an ECA.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

Applicant Information:-----
Enquiry:
Dear CIC, I am facing a unique issue with regard to my ECA conducted by WES. It has evaluated my masters in science program (full time 2 years course) in environmental studies as equivalent to "one year graduate study" in Canada. With this I am unable to choose either masters or "two or more post-secondary degrees" in my EE profile on mycic. Can I at least select "two or more post secondary degree option"? Both my bachelors and masters are from recognized university (as stated in my ECA report as well). Thanks

So according to this reply and also what is mentioned in CIC's own website one should be able to select two or more degree option for having a post-secondary degree from a canadian univ plus a bachelors degree ECA (3 years and above).

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree

- Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Sita Thank you so much for this information, basicaly I was not able to apply to the Express Entry for this doubt. I'm trying to assess my technical degree in "Mechanical Automotive". It's good to mention that I alredy have assessed my degree in "Industrial Engineering" with the IQAS, but they refuse to evaluate my technician degree, they told me on the phone they don't do it with technical degrees.

I talk to the other 4 centers that offer assesments and I am going to send my techncian papers to the ICES. I hope after that I can create my profile. By any chance do you know how long it takes ICES to make the assesments ?

SITA THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN !!!!

Kukku@1

Aug 21, 2017
Hi
I had a bachelor's degree in science 3 yrs and other is Master in science for 2 yrs, both from India.
I want to ask in CRS can I opt 2 or more degrees option or not

AliSaleem

Apr 19, 2017
If the credentials are at the same level (e.g., two bachelor's degrees), then candidates can select the appropriate level of education for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” when completing their profile.
hi,
I have received ECA as "Two Bachelors degree (4 years)" .. should i select "Two or more...." option right??

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi
I had a bachelor's degree in science 3 yrs and other is Master in science for 2 yrs, both from India can I opt option of 2 or more degrees or not?
You have get an ECA done for both degree and masters and if ur masters is evaluated same as masters then u should choose masters in education which will give u second highest score

Kukku@1

Aug 21, 2017
You have get an ECA done for both degree and masters and if ur masters is evaluated same as masters then u should choose masters in education which will give u second highest score
Thnx a lot for help,
Tht means evaluation need to be done for both and in case I received the remark both as bachelor's so in that case do I am eligible to opt two or more degrees option?

Kukku@1

Aug 21, 2017
Thnx a lot for help,
Tht means evaluation need to be done for both and in case I received the remark both as bachelor's so in th

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thnx a lot for help,
Tht means evaluation need to be done for both and in case I received the remark both as bachelor's so in th
you have to get ur degree and masters evaluated which means all post secondary qualifications must be assessed.
if they evaluate ur degree as a degree and ur masters also as a degree or a pg diploma then u can claim points under two or more post secondary

Kukku@1

Aug 21, 2017
you have to get ur degree and masters evaluated which means all post secondary qualifications must be assessed.
if they evaluate ur degree as a degree and ur masters also as a degree or a pg diploma then u can claim points under two or more post secondary
Thnx a lot dear..

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
Bachelors degree four years plus

Postgraduate certificate (one semester)
Not sure whether I can select two or more degree/certificatez

Reactions: rakam18

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Yes it is from India. I already got my Bachelors degree evaluated. I shall go in for the evaluation upgrade once I receive my transcripts. Have been waiting almost a month for them :(
Can you please tell me what ECA you got finally from WES?
I have 3 year Diploma and 3 year BTech. (considered as lateral entry in first year).....
Did WES provide you 2 degrees in ECA or just one...?
Did you submit both Diploma and Degree transcripts or only for Degree?

Thanks in advance

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Bachelors degree four years plus

Postgraduate certificate (one semester)
Not sure whether I can select two or more degree/certificatez
I'm on the same boat :(
I have a 3-year bachelor's degree and one semester post graduate certificate :(

I really wish this counts as two or more degree/certificates

Reactions: rakam18

manish723

Sep 20, 2016
@kaulvirus and Asivad

As I pointed out and shared with forum members previously too, indeed I received a reply from CIC after raising a CSE with them regarding the confusion over "one year graduate study" Though I didn't receive a satisfactory reply for my query, let me share the reply from CIC (the exact words)

Dear Client,

Candidates who have two or more post-secondary program credentials would earn points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for their highest level of education only. If the credentials are at the same level (e.g., two bachelor's degrees), then candidates can select the appropriate level of education for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” when completing their profile. CRS points for education are awarded only to those who have a Canadian credential or an educational credential assessment (ECA). Note that points will not be awarded to any educational program that is not completed or if no certificate, diploma or degree was awarded.

For example, a candidate with:

- a bachelor's degree from a non-Canadian university and a master's degree from a Canadian university should choose the Master's level of education in their profile. An ECA is not required for the bachelor's degree as no points will be awarded for that degree.
- a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the Master's level of education. The master's degree needs to have an ECA.
- a one-year post-secondary diploma and a four-year bachelor's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” level of education. Both the diploma and the degree need to have an ECA.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Applicant Information:-----
Enquiry:
Dear CIC, I am facing a unique issue with regard to my ECA conducted by WES. It has evaluated my masters in science program (full time 2 years course) in environmental studies as equivalent to "one year graduate study" in Canada. With this I am unable to choose either masters or "two or more post-secondary degrees" in my EE profile on mycic. Can I at least select "two or more post secondary degree option"? Both my bachelors and masters are from recognized university (as stated in my ECA report as well). Thanks

So according to this reply and also what is mentioned in CIC's own website one should be able to select two or more degree option for having a post-secondary degree from a canadian univ plus a bachelors degree ECA (3 years and above).

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree

- Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

does that mean pgd from canada and bachelors from india, you can choose 2 or more degree with bachelors assessed by ECA?