+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degree, certificates or diploma:(:(:(:(SOMEONE HELP

soniyasoney

Aug 12, 2012
Hi all,

Is there anyone in my position here????????I have a bachelors in architecture from India (5 years) for which i did WES and got Canadian equivalency for Canadian Bachelors. I did advanced Diploma program from Canada (2 years) in Architectural Technology. /I am an inland applicant i got ITA with 461 points ...my points were only 442 initially which bumped up to 461 after i changed my standing after advanced Diploma done in Canada to "Two or more degree , certificates or Diploma"...IS there anyone who got PR and selected the same option as me????If that was not right my points will be back to 442 and i will have to decline my ITA:(:( :mad:

zaki100

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
i think its correct. i have a Bsc in mechanical engineering from out side and then a diploma in IHET here in Canada, so i chose that.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Sounds like the correct option because you really do have 2 or more degrees with one being at least 3 years.

soniyasoney

Aug 12, 2012
When I called CIC they confirmed it might fall under Two or more degrees but for a surety they asked me do a case specific inquiry for which i did not receive any reply. But what confuses me is that when i check the CIC website where there is score calculator which asks only for the highest degree obtained.

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Dont worry, you are safe at 461.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Take a look here. If you expand the Two or more certificates, diploma or degree section,
they have clearly mentioned

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school)

And the section below are Bachelor's degree, Two-year degree/diploma, One-year degree/diploma

All the best for your application :)

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The website mentions post graduate and beyond. I wonder how does CIC ascertain that. I have a bachelor's degree in accounting (3 years Overseas) and a certificate in Animation (from Canada which was an 8-month program) but I am not sure if I qualify under two or more degrees. Although I am not sure but I vaguely remember my program's qualification was post-secondary and not post graduate.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
soniyasoney said:
Hi all,

Is there anyone in my position here????????I have a bachelors in architecture from India (5 years) for which i did WES and got Canadian equivalency for Canadian Bachelors. I did advanced Diploma program from Canada (2 years) in Architectural Technology. /I am an inland applicant i got ITA with 461 points ...my points were only 442 initially which bumped up to 461 after i changed my standing after advanced Diploma done in Canada to "Two or more degree , certificates or Diploma"...IS there anyone who got PR and selected the same option as me????If that was not right my points will be back to 442 and i will have to decline my ITA:(:( :mad:
Don't worry at all, you are safe since you have chosen the perfectly right option for your education.
All the best

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
if someone has a bachelors(4 years) from India and a masters from Canada, would the same option
"Two or more degree, certificates or diploma" apply??
I have master here and bachelors India but I didnt select that option.
Should I select that?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nav_S said:
if someone has a bachelors(4 years) from India and a masters from Canada, would the same option
"Two or more degree, certificates or diploma" apply??
I have master here and bachelors India but I didnt select that option.
Should I select that?
You should be selecting Masters and that will still give you the second highest points for Education and the possibility of scoring highest points under Skills Transferability depending on other factors.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You should be selecting Masters and that will still give you the second highest points for Education and the possibility of scoring highest points under Skills Transferability depending on other factors.
Hey Asivad,

The link below has a footnote that states that outcome of the assessment depends on the verification of ICES, BCIT etc etc. Does that also hold true for Canadian degree, certificates as well or does that only refer to submission of overseas degrees?

Also, expanding the "two or more degrees" does not mention the word post-secondary. I have a Canadian certificate, but I think the minimum requirement for that was post-secondary, though it was a 1 year program.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaulvirus said:
Hey Asivad,

The link below has a footnote that states that outcome of the assessment depends on the verification of ICES, BCIT etc etc. Does that also hold true for Canadian degree, certificates as well or does that only refer to submission of overseas degrees?

Also, expanding the "two or more degrees" does not mention the word post-secondary. I have a Canadian certificate, but I think the minimum requirement for that was post-secondary, though it was a 1 year program.

Thanks
Neither.

That applies only to those results that have the '1' next to them. What it means is that ICES and IQAS have their own assessment result formats which might differ from the standardized result formats provided by WES.

I imagine that the 'Two or more...' can be applied ONLY when the applicant has at least a Bachelors degree and a post-Bachelors study (degree/certificate/diploma). There is some confusion on this front as someone pointed out that there is ambiguity in the ECA page because CIC appears to indicate that post-secondary diploma/certificate would also suffice for this but no one has yet conclusively obtained a positive reply from CIC on this and reported on the forum.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So how would you suggest I proceed with my application? I have a bachelor's degree (overseas) and a post-secondary (Canadian) certificate as well. I obtained the certificate over 10 years ago and the course has been revised since then. I am not even sure how CIC will ascertain the minimum requirements for that certificate.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaulvirus said:
So how would you suggest I proceed with my application? I have a bachelor's degree (overseas) and a post-secondary (Canadian) certificate as well. I obtained the certificate over 10 years ago and the course has been revised since then. I am not even sure how CIC will ascertain the minimum requirements for that certificate.
You'll have to check with CIC directly on this situation. Not sure if anyone on the forum can advise.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Neither.

That applies only to those results that have the '1' next to them. What it means is that ICES and IQAS have their own assessment result formats which might differ from the standardized result formats provided by WES.

I imagine that the 'Two or more...' can be applied ONLY when the applicant has at least a Bachelors degree and a post-Bachelors study (degree/certificate/diploma). There is some confusion on this front as someone pointed out that there is ambiguity in the ECA page because CIC appears to indicate that post-secondary diploma/certificate would also suffice for this but no one has yet conclusively obtained a positive reply from CIC on this and reported on the forum.
@Kaulvirus and Asivad

As I pointed out and shared with forum members previously too, indeed I received a reply from CIC after raising a CSE with them regarding the confusion over "one year graduate study" Though I didn't receive a satisfactory reply for my query, let me share the reply from CIC (the exact words)

Dear Client,

Candidates who have two or more post-secondary program credentials would earn points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for their highest level of education only. If the credentials are at the same level (e.g., two bachelor's degrees), then candidates can select the appropriate level of education for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” when completing their profile. CRS points for education are awarded only to those who have a Canadian credential or an educational credential assessment (ECA). Note that points will not be awarded to any educational program that is not completed or if no certificate, diploma or degree was awarded.

For example, a candidate with:

- a bachelor's degree from a non-Canadian university and a master's degree from a Canadian university should choose the Master's level of education in their profile. An ECA is not required for the bachelor's degree as no points will be awarded for that degree.
- a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the Master's level of education. The master's degree needs to have an ECA.
- a one-year post-secondary diploma and a four-year bachelor's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” level of education. Both the diploma and the degree need to have an ECA.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Applicant Information:-----
Enquiry:
Dear CIC, I am facing a unique issue with regard to my ECA conducted by WES. It has evaluated my masters in science program (full time 2 years course) in environmental studies as equivalent to "one year graduate study" in Canada. With this I am unable to choose either masters or "two or more post-secondary degrees" in my EE profile on mycic. Can I at least select "two or more post secondary degree option"? Both my bachelors and masters are from recognized university (as stated in my ECA report as well). Thanks

So according to this reply and also what is mentioned in CIC's own website one should be able to select two or more degree option for having a post-secondary degree from a canadian univ plus a bachelors degree ECA (3 years and above).

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree

- Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perfect! So this means that someone with a Bachelors degree and a post-school diploma (in contrast with a post-Bachelors diploma) can select 'Two or more...' option. But that seems completely illogical because people like Sita1987 themselves who have 2 post-school degrees are unable to claim this option!