+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

Jul 3, 2020
Woodstock, ON
Category........
CEC
I did 3 year diploma after 10th in india and advance diploma of 3 year 4 months in canada ...both in mechanical engineering... WES says my indian diploma is equivalent to high school graduation and two year diploma !!!! What option(s) should I select to calculate my CRS points ? Option one :- Two or more certificate and three or more year program or option two:- 2 year diploma and three or more year program ???

Please help
Check at CIC website about that;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html#wb-auto-10

Nov 17, 2020
Pls I have a 4yr Bachelors Degree and it was evaluated by WES as 4yrs Canadian equivalence. However, my diploma course was evaluated as one semester if undergraduate study. Meanwhile, I already input that I have two or more certificates. I'm at the stage of submitting my application now but I'm scared of rejection. Pls help with advises.

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hello - I am exactly in same situation. Could you please help me to know what should be entered for both diploma and degree in EE profile?

Diploma - 2001 - 2004
BTech - 2004 - 2007 (lateral entry)

1) Start and end period?
2) # of years for both ? (3/3 or 2/4)
3) both should be selected as Bachelor or diploma from university in drop down?

Thanks in advance!!!
Hi @rv85,

Hope you are well! Did you get any inputs regards to your above query ?

Dec 15, 2020
Hello, I have received my ECA from IQAS which states the following for my Engineering and PGDM degrees:

1. Four-year undergraduate degree program
2. Two-year graduate diploma program

Both degrees are from India.

Now while creating the profile in express entry portal, which option should I select in level of education:
1. Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years;
OR
2. Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

Please help which option my ECA lies in as this will create a difference of 7 CRS in my application.

Last edited:

Dinu Anil

Nov 14, 2020
Hi Iam having a Btech degree and Pg diploma in operations management . but when i check in the wes evaluation tool it is showing that 4 years of graduate study for btech and 1 year graduate study for PGDOM. Please guide me whether i can be available for 2 or more degree?

Dec 27, 2020
Hello,

So can anyone clear this out for me. I have:

- Bachelors in Nursing (4 years) back home - Bachelors Degree (3 years) in for WES Canadian equivalency.
- Postgraduate Certificate (8 months but is 1 academic year since I have 1 year PGWP) in International Business Management in Canada

Can I consider this as two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas for both my Bachelors and Postgraduate certificate? Since this will potentially give me 25+ points for my overall CRS. I was expecting 444 based from CRS calculator. But when I created my EE profile, which asked each credential separately, it gave me 477 in total.

Thanks!

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
Pls I have a 4yr Bachelors Degree and it was evaluated by WES as 4yrs Canadian equivalence. However, my diploma course was evaluated as one semester if undergraduate study. Meanwhile, I already input that I have two or more certificates. I'm at the stage of submitting my application now but I'm scared of rejection. Pls help with advises.
You can always change the options while submitting the PR application. While reviewing your PR application, they will change your points based on the new info and if your total points fall below the cut-off then your ITA will be revoked.

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
Hello, I have received my ECA from IQAS which states the following for my Engineering and PGDM degrees:

1. Four-year undergraduate degree program
2. Two-year graduate diploma program

Both degrees are from India.

Now while creating the profile in express entry portal, which option should I select in level of education:
1. Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years;
OR
2. Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

Please help which option my ECA lies in as this will create a difference of 7 CRS in my application.
I am not sure what IQAS ECA looks like, but in WES there is a section on top ' Canadian Equivalency Summary'. That will tell you whether you have received Masters or the Two or more certificates one

Rishy21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
hello ,
i did my 3 years of diploma in mechanical after 10th and then i did 4 years of bachelor in mechanical bcoz i did not get admission directly to 3rd semester (lateral entry) . Am i eligible for two or more programs in express entry process ?

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
hello ,
i did my 3 years of diploma in mechanical after 10th and then i did 4 years of bachelor in mechanical bcoz i did not get admission directly to 3rd semester (lateral entry) . Am i eligible for two or more programs in express entry process ?
Yes. It is either before or after the Bachelor's degree so your diploma is counted. Although you should get the diploma's ECA done too.

Rishy21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Yes. It is either before or after the Bachelor's degree so your diploma is counted. Although you should get the diploma's ECA done too.
Thanks for guidance
When i checked WES website i did not find evaluate diploma option so what should i do ?

crazyrunner

Sep 15, 2020
Thanks for guidance
When i checked WES website i did not find evaluate diploma option so what should i do ?
I had done my masters so i don't even remember what the options were for diploma. But can you please check these 2 forums? You will find your answers here. And once again, you will get points for '2 or more certificates'. That's a confirmed thing. So don't worry about it after reading some post in these forums.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-eca-for-diploma-engineering-graduates.391526/page-22
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/page-15#post-8200674

Rishy21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
I had done my masters so i don't even remember what the options were for diploma. But can you please check these 2 forums? You will find your answers here. And once again, you will get points for '2 or more certificates'. That's a confirmed thing. So don't worry about it after reading some post in these forums.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-eca-for-diploma-engineering-graduates.391526/page-22
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/page-15#post-8200674
thanks .
i have another question, i applied for student visa after 3 years of my bachelor's graduation and i submitted 2 years of indian work experience. Can i add remaining one year of work experience when i will my Express entry ? and do they check all documents which i submitted for study visa?