Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Hi guys, I completed my 2-year Canadian diploma outside Canada and just finished my 3-year diploma in Canada. Which option i should choose under education?
Hi,

Do you mean by 1 diploma? 3 years (2 years outside and 1 in Canada) or

you have 2 diploma programs (2 years diploma program completed outside and 3 years another diploma program in Canada)

ronny0208

Apr 29, 2020
Hi,

Do you mean by 1 diploma? 3 years (2 years outside and 1 in Canada) or

you have 2 diploma programs (2 years diploma program completed outside and 3 years another diploma program in Canada)
3-year diploma earned in Canada.
2-year diploma i earned outside Canada.Kind of international campus

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi guys, I completed my 2-year Canadian diploma outside Canada and just finished my 3-year diploma in Canada. Which option i should choose under education?
'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years'
or
Three-year post-secondary program credential

Should I get my
In my understanding if you have both education evaluated throug wes or other institute and your university is recognized then you can ue the first option. all the best

Dinesh90

Feb 2, 2019
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
12-10-22
Doc's Request.
12-10-22
AOR Received.
24-10-2022
Hi all I have a question,
I have 4 years bachelors degree from India and at present I have done 19 months Certificate program in Canada. So can I select Two or more Degrees and if I study in canada I don’t meed to do ECA right. In this case Do i need to do ECA for my bachelors degree?

simar14708

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
Hi Please if somebody can help me. I am really stuck.
WES assessment came as follows:
Credential : Bachelors of Science in Nursing
Major : Nursing
Canadian Equivalency : Bachelors Degree ( four years)

Plus

I have 2 years office administration diploma in Canada. Didn't get WES because its Canadian diploma.

Now I will choose 2 or more degree's right ????

Please if somebody can help me. I appreciate your help. Thanks alot

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes, you can choose 2 or more degrees.

The minimum criteria for 2 or more degrees, is that one qualification has to be at least equivalent to a 3 year bachelor degree and another qualification has to be equivalent to at least a 1 year diploma.

You fulfill that requirement.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
No, ECAs such as those done by WES are only for determining the Canadian equivalency for foreign credentials, Canadian qualifications are already recognised and can be validated directly by IRCC.

You have 2 or more degrees, you just need to fill out your profile for each qualification, and you will automatically gain the points for 2 or more degrees.

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
hi , i would like to know if i can claim Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma points under this case.

I have completed one foundation diploma (post secondary) + 3 three years higher diploma (after the foundation diploma)

I have already done ECA for my higher diploma but forgot to validate my foundation diploma.

Please advise. much appreciated for your help

Nigudkar1996

Apr 28, 2020
Please do not ask whether or not you can claim certain points for your xyz education before getting an ECA report. Different countries have different educational systems thus candidates get different ECA report for similar qualifications. We can help you to interpret your ECA report but CANNOT tell you what would be the ECA report for your degrees, diplomas in advance! Get an ECA report from one of the designated organizations and let us know if you need help!

Here is more clarification for those who think your second credential must be "Post Graduate" program after bachelors to get "two or more degrees" points.

Ministerial Instructions respecting the Express Entry system

Current Ministerial Instructions last amended on October 24, 2017. (Previous versions)

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3Footnotea of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act Footnoteb, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System.

Ottawa, October 17, 2017

AHMED D. HUSSEN
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

Level of education
(1) The points that are to be assigned for the level of education factor referred to in subparagraph 8(1)(a)(ii) are the following:

• (a) for a foreign national who has no accompanying spouse or common-law partner
    • (i) 0 points, if the foreign national has less than a secondary school credential,
    • (ii) 30 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school credential,
    • (iii) 90 points, if the foreign national has a one-year post-secondary program credential,
    • (iv) 98 points, if the foreign national has a two-year post-secondary program credential,
    • (v) 120 points, if the foreign national has a post-secondary program credential of three years or more,
    • (vi) 128 points, if the foreign national has two or more post-secondary program credentials and at least one of them was issued at the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (vii) 135 points, if the foreign national has a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, and
    • (viii) 150 points, if the foreign national has a university-level credential at the doctoral level; and
  • (b) for a foreign national who has an accompanying spouse or common-law partner
    • (i) 0 points, if the foreign national has less than a secondary school credential,
    • (ii) 28 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school credential,
    • (iii) 84 points, if the foreign national has a one-year post-secondary program credential,
    • (iv) 91 points, if the foreign national has a two-year post-secondary program credential,
    • (v) 112 points, if the foreign national has a post-secondary program credential of three years or more,
    • (vi) 119 points, if the foreign national has two or more post-secondary program credentials and at least one of them was issued at the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (vii) 126 points, if the foreign national has a university-level credential at the master’s level or an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is require , and
    • (viii) 140 points, if the foreign national has a university-level credential at the doctoral level.
Highest level of education
(2) Points are to be assigned under subsection (1) for the highest level of education obtained.

Educational credentials
(3) In order for a foreign national to be assigned points under subsection (1),

• (a) their educational credentials must be Canadian educational credentials; or
  • (b) they must have an educational credential equivalency assessment in respect of their foreign educational credentials issued by an organization or institution designated under subsection 75(4) of the Regulations.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html

Red color marked sentences clearly says "two or more post-secondary program credentials". It is clear that you need one of the Post Secondary credential assessed as Canadian equivalent to 3 or more years program and second one again a Post Secondary credential assessed as Canadian equivalent to minimum 1 year long program!
It does not matter what is your actual level of education or duration, you will be awarded points according to the ECA report. read 11(3)(b)!

Hope it is Crystal clear for everyone!

Hi
I have done a 3 year Bachelor degree in India - WES evaluation for that is Canadian equivalence of Bachelor’s degree(4years).

Now, I have completed another Bachelor’s in Canada which was of 2 years study because I got my credits transferred from the Indian university.

help me out in which category will I fir in this situation?

Thank you

Kaur raman

Feb 29, 2020
I have done diploma in advance accounting for 2 years
And done operation management for one and half year
So can I eligible for both points or just one

Hassam123

Jun 19, 2020
Hello there
So I have a quick question please if someone knows answer to that will be appreciated I have 3 years degree of bachelors in accounting and two certificates 3 and 4 of cookery from Australia so can I claim my degree points and my certificates points as well,or my certificates cannot be counted certificates are less then 12 months.I know my degree can be assessed but can my certificates can be assessed my any Canadian body?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Is it correct? It worked for you?

Hello everyone,
Owing to some level of confusion, I too would prefer having a personal case study with your valuable suggestions...

My actual credentials : (after SSC)
1. Completed a 3-year Diploma in Automobile Engg (MSBTE, Mumbai) >>> Actual attended duration (2006-2010) >>> (1-year drop)
2. Completed a 4-year Bachelors in Mechanical Engg (University of Mumbai) >>> Actual attended duration (2010-2014) >>> (1-year drop)
3. Worked as a Lathe Operator from 10/2014 to 05/2015. And been working as a Mechanical & Quality Engineer with a Die-casting company since 06/2015 till date (over 4-years of work experience)...

ECA Report says :

Canadian Equivalency Summary : Diploma (2 years) and Bachelors degree (four years)

FOR DIPLOMA:

1. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Year: 2010
Awarded By: Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education
Major/Specialization: Automobile Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

FOR BACHELORS:

2. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2014
Awarded By: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Mechanical Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Now, while filling the Express Entry form, I entered the details as follows :

First Education Credential :

Field of study: Science, applied
Since what year: 2006-July
This is my current study?: NO
To (End Date): 2010-April
Complete/full Academic years: 03
Full Time/Part time study :Full Time
Standing at the end of study period: Certificate or degree or diploma awarded
Country of Study : India
City/Town : Mumbai
Name of School/Institution : Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education
Level of education: Bachelor's degree OR a three year or more program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute.
Have you been awarded a Canadian degree during this time? : NO
Have you got ECA: YES
Which organization: WES
reference number: WES ref no (it ends with 'IMM')
ECA report Date: Eca completion date
Level of Education (Canadian Equivalent) :Secondary Diploma (high school graduation)

save and add...

Second Education Credential :

Field of study: Science, applied
Since what year: 2010-Sept
This is my current study?: NO
To (End Date): 2014-May
Complete/full Academic years: 04
Full Time/Part time study :Full Time
Standing at the end of study period: Certificate or degree or diploma awarded
Country of Study : India
City/Town : Mumbai
Name of School/Institution : University of Mumbai
Level of education: Bachelor's degree OR a three year or more program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute.
Have you been awarded a Canadian degree during this time? : NO
Have you got ECA: YES
Which organization: WES
reference number: WES ref no (it ends with 'IMM') (Same as that for diploma (above) as both the documents were sent under same WES Reference Number)
ECA report Date: Eca completion date
Level of Education (Canadian Equivalent) :Bachelor's degree OR a three year or more program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute.

IS THIS DATA ENTRY CORRECT AS PER MY CREDENTIALS PROVIDED ???

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
What did you selected for level of education for Diploma?

QUOTE="natarum, post: 7077925, member: 775260"]
Thanks for your reply. I have few more questions. Could you please help with the below.

This is my exact scenario:

10th Std -> Diploma(3 years) -> Bachelors(3 years through lateral entry)

From your reply,

(1)

Both of your credentials must be from "Recognized Institution"

- If you see my ECA report, my diploma evaluation doesn't say "Recognized Institution". Do I need to get this updated in my WES report?

(2)

Start Date: diploma start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: diploma end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: calculate duration (should be 2 year)

- My Diploma start date is June 1998 and end date is April 2001. So the duration is three years. Should I give as below?

Start Date: June 1998
End Date: April 2001
Completed Academic years: How do i calculate the duration for two years? Simple give 2 years though the start date and end date doesn't calculate for 2 years?

(2)

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Bachelors-

Start Date: degree start date
End Date: degree end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: (normal degree duration)

- My Bachelor's start date is June 2001 and end date is April 2004. The duration is three years as it is through lateral entry (though it was a four year program). Should I give as below?

Start Date: June 1998
End Date: April 2001
Completed Academic years: How do i calculate the duration for normal degree duration? Simply give 4 years though the start and end date doesn't calculate for 4 years?
[/QUOTE]