+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

bhargav218

Dec 4, 2019
Quick Question:

I have an Indian MBA ( WES ECA Equivalent to one year program) and a Indian Bachelors in Engineering (WES ECA equivalent to 4 years bachelors).

I created my profile and got an ITA at 471. I was correctly awarded 128 points for education.

Now I am creating my application and When I use the "Preview CRS Score" feature, It shows me my CRS as 478 and awards 135 points for Education.

I have not made any change to my education section and I am expecting to get only 128 points as of now.

I do have a pending ECA from UofT school of continuing education. Once I get this, It should provide Master ECA equivalency for my Indian MBA. But But the evaluation for this is not completed and hence I should not be getting points for this right now.

Please advice on why this could be happening, And how should I proceed?

ariga85

Apr 6, 2019
Montreal, QC
Urgent question: Does a six-month online certificate program from York University qualifies for "Two or more Certificates, Degrees or Diploma". I already have a 4-years Bachelors's degree, evaluated from WES. If yes, does it need to evaluated from WES, as it is already a Canadian certificate? I truly appreciate your kind response, Thank you in advance.

https://continue.yorku.ca/certificates/

Targetting below certifications:
http://continue.yorku.ca/certificates/cloud-computing-strategy/

https://continue.yorku.ca/certificates/certificate-in-machine-learning/

Last edited:

28@Newbie

Jan 6, 2020
In which category does community college diploma fall in?
A silly question: Only the results of Eca can be used for crs calculation?

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi Mates, Can you please help with simple WES Questions:
I have added 2nd credential (PGDIT) to WES.org to evaluate, They have already validated my Bachelor 4 months ago which is different institute as well.

Now when I have added PGDIT they mentioned a note that i need to send my bachelor documents as well for the 2nd credentials evaluation. Now I am bit confused as what to do? I am suppose to re-send my Bachelor documents along with PGDIT or only send the PGDIT docs?

Kindly share your view.

Zan*

Jan 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

I recently received my WES ECA report. Both universities were recognized by WES. Here is the evaluation:

Bachelor of Science Major in Accountancy (4 yrs.) - assessed as 3-year Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor of Laws (LLB-4 yrs.) - assessed as Four (4) years of professional study

Canadian Equivalency Summary - 3-Year Bachelor's Degree

Question: Does anyone know what four years of professional study means? It seems as if WES only took into account my first degree (undergraduate degree) in B.S. Accountancy. In our country, LLB is a post-grad degree and one must finish at least a 4-year undergrad degree before proceeding to LLB. Now I'm not sure if using this evaluation I can claim two or more degrees or just the 3-year bachelor's degree as stated in the WES Canadian Equivalency Summary?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Duggalch

Jan 15, 2020
Please let me know if you got your PR? My education is also 10th + Diploma(3 Years) + Btech(3 Years). Your reply will decide my chances.Please reply.
Hello ,
Has any one got ITA? With diploma + degree after 10 th considered two or more certificates scores ?

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

I have received an ECA report from WES for my MBA(Amrita university),M.Com and B.Com as 'Two or more degrees ' however this brings my CRS only to 463..looking at the cut offs now this seems low.. I am thinking of trying ECA again through ICES.. Do you think I can get a masters equivalency.. If yes can I only send my MBA or all three degrees are required...

In addition to this, after creating a ICES profile the university can directly send the documents signed and stamped via the email to them..that will be Enough to proceed with the application hopefully...

Some one please advise....

sunil.bandaru

May 19, 2019
Hey All! So my ECA report is as below:

Kindly help me how I have to fill out in the education section in my EE profile.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: ***
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science (Honours)
Year: 2011
Awarded By: Lahore University of Management Sciences
Major/Specialization: Accounting and Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Name on Credential: ***
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2014
Awarded By: Lahore University of Management Sciences
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Hi,

I have the same question now. What did you do while filling the application and did it go through?

Thanks in advance,
Sunil

sunil.bandaru

May 19, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for the explanation, really appreciate that you have spent some time to share your exp and knowledge.

I am looking for someone to confirm my understanding related to how to fill the education details in express entry profile.

Doubts:
I have done 3 years fo diploma after 10th followed by 3 years of Bachelors.

ECA Evaluation : Diploma 2yrs + bachelors 4yrs

But when i fill the express entry profile, i can see two dropdowns asking "Level of Education"
1. Level of education ----> This will be 3 years of Diploma + 3 years of Bachelor
2. Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) ---> Diploma 2yrs + 4yrs Bachelor

Can you please confirm if its correct, as it makes sense to me, that we are mentioning the original study and then providing them with EAC assessment.

Also, If you can confirm my understanding on the below, i will really appreciate that.

128 points, if the foreign national has two or more post-secondary program credentials and at least one of them was issued at the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,

So over here, as i have my ECA stating 2yrs of diploma + 4yr of bachelor, i should be good with claiming the above points?

As i can see the details on CIC website:

Two-year post-secondary credential

Designated organizations assessment outcomes
  • College diploma
  • College diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diplomaFootnote i
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote i
  • Two-year post-secondary diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote i
  • Two-year associate degree

Three-year or longer post-secondary credential

Designated organizations assessment outcomes

• College diploma (three years)
  • Diploma (three years)
  • Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year advanced diplomaFootnote i
  • Bachelor’s degree
  • Applied bachelor’s degree
  • Bachelor’s degree (three years)
  • Three-year bachelor’s degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year bachelor degreeFootnote i
  • Bachelor’s degree (four years)
  • Four-year bachelor’s degree, specializing in [name of discipline]

So my bachelors cover the 3 years post-secondary criteria and my two years diploma covers the aditional post secondary education.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards.
Hi,
I have the same question now. What did you do in this case?
Thanks,
Sunil

sunil.bandaru

May 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a great day.
I have done a 3 year Bachelors and 2 year Masters in India. I have recently received my Educational Credential assessment, where the Masters degree is assessed as a Canadian 4-year Bachelors degree equivalent. I am creating my Express Entry Profile and am unsure about the following fields while completing the Study Section:

Option 1:
Completed/full academic years:
Level of education: Masters
Level of education (Canadian equivalent): Bachelors

Option 2:
Completed/full academic years:
Level of education: Bachelors
Level of education (Canadian equivalent): Bachelors

Could you please let me know which option is correct? A response from someone who had a similar dilemma would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sunil

Tanu0619

Dec 8, 2019
Hi! I have requested WES to re-evaluate my ECA as Credential No. 4 is a part / extension of Credential No. 3, which makes it a Three (3) years MBA. WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA. So, I have requested for a re-evaluation.
What was the result? Did WES agree for Masters? Did you try IQAS too?

john.cena

Aug 1, 2019
Hello guys,

Here is my ECA report. I am confused as in what should I select for the diploma while filling the EE profile.

As per the canada.ca, I chose Two-year option. Please refer to the following screenshots. So, I would get Two or more certificates, degree, etc.,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html#wb-auto-11

Will I get Two or more certificates, diploma? Please help!

Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Name on Credential:
Year: Diploma in Computer Engineering
Awarded By: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu Computer Engineering
Major: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Name on Credential:
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Awarded By: Pondicherry University
Major: Computer Science and Engineering

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

Here is my ECA report. I am confused as in what should I select for the diploma while filling the EE profile.

As per the canada.ca, I chose Two-year option. Please refer to the following screenshots. So, I would get Two or more certificates, degree, etc.,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html#wb-auto-11

Will I get Two or more certificates, diploma? Please help!

Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Name on Credential:
Year: Diploma in Computer Engineering
Awarded By: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu Computer Engineering
Major: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Name on Credential:
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Awarded By: Pondicherry University
Major: Computer Science and Engineering

Thanks in advance.
Two or more certificates, diploma & degrees.