+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diploma - Let's Get it Sorted

hss2

Jul 19, 2018
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees

So lately there has been a lot of confusion about the option to choose "Two or more degrees, diploma" in the CRS Calculator. Many people are worried if their qualification comes under this. So lets get it sorted out for once and all.

First of all, when you create an Express Entry profile, there is no such option of selecting "two or more degrees, diplomas" in the Education section. In the EE profile, you just need to enter each of your qualifications, as per ECA. Once you enter all the details, the system calculates the points for Education and Skill Transfer-ability factor, on its own, using this data. So just enter the details as per the ECA and the points will be calculated.

But some people want to know, before creating the EE profile, whether they can claim points for two or more degrees, diplomas.

In that case, first get an ECA for your educational qualifications. Without an ECA, its hard to predict whether you will be eligible to claim points for two or more degrees. Once you have the ECA, please refer to the following link and if your ECA equivalency is mentioned there, you are eligible:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Many people get confused with the wordings in the above link, where it mentions:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
The above highlighted part (in red) specifically mentions that if your ECA Equivalency in mentioned in the below sections too, you are eligible to claim points for two or more degrees.

The sections are:

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Please note that you should have at least one of the credential in your ECA must be for 3 or more years, in order to claim the points under this category.

Also, there has been a misconception that the second diploma/degree should be after you earned the bachelor's degree. This is not true, your diploma could have been completed before the bachelor's degree and you will still be eligible.

I hope post will clear all the confusion. If there is any error in my post, please let me know and suggestions are also welcome.
Can these certificates/ diploma be a 6 month program? Can these be online programs?

Here "these" means the following-
PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Postgraduate Diploma
Thanks in advance

Duggalch

Jan 15, 2020
Wh
Hello guys,

Here is my ECA report. I am confused as in what should I select for the diploma while filling the EE profile.

As per the canada.ca, I chose Two-year option. Please refer to the following screenshots. So, I would get Two or more certificates, degree, etc.,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html#wb-auto-11

Will I get Two or more certificates, diploma? Please help!

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Name on Credential:
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Year: Diploma in Computer Engineering
Awarded By: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu Computer Engineering
Major: Computer Engineering
Year: 2011
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Name on Credential:
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Year: 2014
Awarded By: Pondicherry University
Major: Computer Science and Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Thanks in advance.
Was it considered as two or more ??

Duggalch

Jan 15, 2020
Wa
Can these certificates/ diploma be a 6 month program? Can these be online programs?

Here "these" means the following-
  • Postgraduate Diploma
Thanks in advance
s it considered for two or more ?
could you please tell me what is your crs now, have you got ita ? Is there anyone who got pr with same wes result and two or more were considered

Singhjeet

Oct 28, 2018
can we bachelors evaluated from WES and pg diploma from some other agency or both should be from one agency ? Please HELP !!!1

Wajahat91

Feb 3, 2020
You will receive points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years". Both of your credentials must be from "Recognized Institution". Please check your report.

To check your credential's Level of Education, please go to this site-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Now for your specific query I am going to demonstrate how enter your credential correctly in EE profile-

For "Come to Canada Tool" please select level of education as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years"

Here I am showing you how to enter details of your credentials in Express Entry Profile. After you enter both credentials and submit the profile, system will count your points automatically and award you points for "two or more degree'.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Diploma-

Name of the credential: name of the diploma
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: diploma start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: diploma end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: calculate duration (should be 2 year)
Level of education: 2 years program...
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA? answer YES
which organization: WES
reference number: WES ref no (it ends with 'IMM')
ECA report Date: Eca completion date (check report)
Level of Education as per the ECA: 2 years program

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page, you can add your bachelors after.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Bachelors-

Name of the credential: name of the bachelors
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: degree start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: degree end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: (normal degree duration)
Level of education: Bachelors OR three or more years program
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA? answer YES
which organization: WES
reference number: WES ref no (it ends with 'IMM')
ECA report Date: Eca completion date (check report)
Level of Education as per the ECA: Bachelors OR three or more years program

Hope it helps. Good Luck!
Thanks for the detailed steps.

I'm sure i entered my details correctly but I don't know why it gives me only 91 points

In total I have 3 qualifications
1st is secondary school diploma
2nd is Bachelor s Degree four years
And 3rd is Diploma (two years)

Does order of entering the data has any effect in points allocation?

hss2

Jul 19, 2018
I am searching for a 6 month pgd/certificate in India. Also I want it to be online course/distance learning. My aim is to get under "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years" option. I have completed my 4 year bachelor.
What I am Looking for is-
1. 6 month pgd/certificate in India
2. It should be online course/distance learning
3. Recognized by WES
4. Minimum eligibility for course should be "Bachelor or above"

Can someone suggest me some good courses.

Thanks

thehopeful1

Oct 27, 2018
Hello Everyone!
Just a quick question please.. does it matter if your Bachelor Degree was completed in LESS than (3 years) as in 2 years......Ii see a lot of emphasis placed on the 3 or 4 year mark so i am just asking to be sure.
Did anyone have a Bachelor Degree assessed and WES accepted it even though you finished it faster?
Thanks in advance.

Saurabh Saini

Apr 19, 2020
Hi Friends,
I am new here. I tried to explore 'degree-equivalency-tool' in WES. I have done PGDM (2 years) and did graduation in commerce (3 years).
From the above mentioned tool, I am getting 'Community College Diploma (3 years)' for my graduation. And I couldn't find my PG institution listed under this tool therefore not able to get any outcome for my PG diploma.
In case, I get 2 years diploma for my PG course from WES, can I use 'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years'?
As I would have 'Community College Diploma (3 years)' + two years diploma.

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi Friends,
I am new here. I tried to explore 'degree-equivalency-tool' in WES. I have done PGDM (2 years) and did graduation in commerce (3 years).
From the above mentioned tool, I am getting 'Community College Diploma (3 years)' for my graduation. And I couldn't find my PG institution listed under this tool therefore not able to get any outcome for my PG diploma.
In case, I get 2 years diploma for my PG course from WES, can I use 'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years'?
As I would have 'Community College Diploma (3 years)' + two years diploma.
I was of same impression, but when WES provided me the certification for the post gradudate diploma for 2 years, everything was good with assesssment but for my scdl distance learning institute they mentioned it is not recognized, inspite this institute was in there list. so you can take your chance, or until you find someone who has wes from same collage.

Saurabh Saini

Apr 19, 2020
I was of same impression, but when WES provided me the certification for the post gradudate diploma for 2 years, everything was good with assesssment but for my scdl distance learning institute they mentioned it is not recognized, inspite this institute was in there list. so you can take your chance, or until you find someone who has wes from same collage.
Ok. Thnx for updating.
My graduation and post graduation, both are regular. So perhaps they would recognize that. Though not sure on that. Also just to be on safer side, I am thinking to send an email and asking WES, if they evaluates certification from those institutions which are not listed on their website.

Reactions: labheshcanada007

Harry2022

Apr 27, 2020
HI

I have 2 degrees bachelor of commerce (3 years) and bachelor of education (2 years) Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment for both or highest degree?

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
HI

I have 2 degrees bachelor of commerce (3 years) and bachelor of education (2 years) Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment for both or highest degree?
Both, then you can claim extra points for 'two or more degrees'.

ronny0208

Apr 29, 2020
Hi guys, I completed my 2-year Canadian diploma outside Canada and just finished my 3-year diploma in Canada. Which option i should choose under education?
'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years'
or
Three-year post-secondary program credential

Should I get my