+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV- visitor visa stages

amfa

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
y

She just applied. U less she is being denied it is likely to be a while until she hears given the long wait times fo pr processing and the fact that she currently doesn’t meet travel restrictions so isn’t prioritized.
Do you think that the process will become faster after sep 7?

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
I just received a correspondence letter for biometrics. Did you receive it after the biometric collection was completed?

From some other threads, I understand that the steps are:

Application > Biometrics Collection > Correspondence letter > Biometrics validation letter > Passport request/refusal.

Note: Medical exam isn't always required for visitor visas.

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hi friends

Me, my wife and our daughter recently got COPR and we want to take our mother along with us on visitor visa for sometime.
Can anyone guide me, for following points:

1. Can we apply for her visitor visa basis our COPR?
2. We all are vaccinated with Sputnik, which is not approved in Canada. So, hope thats not an issue if we agree to quarantine
3. What all documents should I attach with her application?
4. Do the Canadian authorities grant visa to parent easily?
5. How much time it is taking from date of submitting of application ?

I am very worried for her visa and want to take her along with us, as there is no one here with her.
Please guide, for any points which I should consider in mind. Thanks in advance.

amfa

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
I just received a correspondence letter for biometrics. Did you receive it after the biometric collection was completed?

Application > Biometrics Collection > Correspondence letter > Biometrics validation letter > Passport request/refusal.

I didn't receive anything after biometric, just they start eligibility review,
Whats is the current status of your application? Can you share yiur timeline?

Renuka venkatesan

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015

When did you apply and what was your reason to Canada ?

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
Yes, the eligibility review is still in progress for me. Eligibility review and background check are showing to be in progress for the past many days.

When did you apply and what was your reason to Canada ?
I applied and submitted the biometrics in December 2020. My reason for travel is tourism. The eligibility review and background check started in June/July(I can't recall exactly). And then I received the correspondence letter on 25th August.

Renuka venkatesan

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Yes, the eligibility review is still in progress for me. Eligibility review and background check are showing to be in progress for the past many days.

I applied and submitted the biometrics in December 2020. My reason for travel is tourism. The eligibility review and background check started in June/July(I can't recall exactly). And then I received the correspondence letter on 25th August.
Thanks for your reply.
I applied in august 2021 for tourism . I already done with my biometric.
so will it take time for me ? What do you think ?

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
Thanks for your reply.
I applied in august 2021 for tourism . I already done with my biometric.
so will it take time for me ? What do you think ?
What do you mean with biometric done? Does it mean that you have submitted the biometrics? Or did you already receive the Biometrics validation letter?

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
I just received a passport request. I am not sure if the web form helped in expediting the process but I filled a web form couple of weeks back. Earlier also I submitted the webform twice but no response.

Reactions: nabil elamin

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Process is likely to take months unless you get denied quickly. Are you fully vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna AstraZeneca or Johnson or Johnson. Without very strong ties to Lebanon it will be quite difficult to get a visa to Canada.

Renuka venkatesan

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
I just received a passport request. I am not sure if the web form helped in expediting the process but I filled a web form couple of weeks back. Earlier also I submitted the webform twice but no response.
Who can submit web form ? Since it’s for tourism purpose can I submit one or no?